Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 pm

Dimples wrote:TAA confirming he is a total bellend.
Name checked City for not winning CL. Stated 'ok they won a couple of PLs' but Liverpool have won the important trophies the PL and CL.
Then said one trophy a year was the Liverpool target and they have a chance of that next week in the LC final, totally unaware that he had implicitly rubbished the LC in his previous sentence.

TAA ignoring that under Pep it is 3 PLs, 1 FA cup, 4 League cups. Included a treble, 100 points, etc...

Dippers what a bunch of bellends.

He thinks we’ve won two PL’s? Is he simple?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:TAA confirming he is a total bellend.
Name checked City for not winning CL. Stated 'ok they won a couple of PLs' but Liverpool have won the important trophies the PL and CL.
Then said one trophy a year was the Liverpool target and they have a chance of that next week in the LC final, totally unaware that he had implicitly rubbished the LC in his previous sentence.

TAA ignoring that under Pep it is 3 PLs, 1 FA cup, 4 League cups. Included a treble, 100 points, etc...

Dippers what a bunch of bellends.

He thinks we’ve won two PL’s? Is he simple?

Yes
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:59 pm

I think TAA is trying to play mind games, the thick scally just motivated our boys and put more pressure on his own team.

To be fair to Simon Jordan, he called out scousers for only winning the league once in past 30 years and the premiere league is harder to win the champions League. He also said the vermins won it whilst not being champions of their own league which is flawed.

He's still a cunt
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:18 am

That cunt on BT Ian Darke has become the new Tyler now that prehistoric cunt is being phased out. Darke is utterly anti city and somehow gets the majority of our CL games to spout his shite , agenda eh !?!?!?
BEin Sports seems to be the most impartial apart from bell end Richard Keys .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:09 pm

At the start of the league's final run in in 2012, Mancini TV interview after a game.

"Can City still win the League?
"NO."
"Why do you think you can't win the League/"
"Because you in the media says we can't."

I still can't get my head round why any of you still bother to listen or read the sports' media shite. What they say is shite, what they print is shite. Usually sensationalist garbage with no substance. Yet the sheeple swallow it whole and buy into it.

Like puppets, they pull your strings and you do their dance....WHY?

NONE OF THEIR SHITE CHANGES THE REALITY THAT WE ARE MILES AHEAD OF EVERY OTHER ENGLISH TEAM, PLAYING THE BEST FOOTBALL, SCORING SHED LOADS OF GOALS AND WINNING SHED LOADS OF POINTS AND SITTING COMFORTABLY ON TOP OD THE LEAGUE.

Fuck the media...deal with the reality
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:01 pm

john68 wrote:At the start of the league's final run in in 2012, Mancini TV interview after a game.

"NO."

I still can't get my head round why any of you still bother to listen or read the sports' media shite. What they say is shite, what they print is shite. Usually sensationalist garbage with no substance. Yet the sheeple swallow it whole and buy into it.

NONE OF THEIR SHITE CHANGES THE REALITY THAT WE ARE MILES AHEAD OF EVERY OTHER ENGLISH TEAM, PLAYING THE BEST FOOTBALL, SCORING SHED LOADS OF GOALS AND WINNING SHED LOADS OF POINTS AND SITTING COMFORTABLY ON TOP OD THE LEAGUE.

Have you seen that footage of the City squad plane aborting landing yesterday in storm Dudley at Manchester airport and having to divert to Liverpool ? If that was the rags or bin dippers it would be headline news .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:42 pm

City64 wrote:
john68 wrote:At the start of the league's final run in in 2012, Mancini TV interview after a game.

"NO."

Have you seen that footage of the City squad plane aborting landing yesterday in storm Dudley at Manchester airport and having to divert to Liverpool ? If that was the rags or bin dippers it would be headline news .
too right friend!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Nice one JC . After seeing the footage the players and staff will need a few days off after that experience.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:15 pm

City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Nice one JC . After seeing the footage the players and staff will need a few days off after that experience.

Pussies .

I’ve been shot at and I went out with the lads that same night and had a great time .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Pussies .

I’ve been shot at and I went out with the lads that same night and had a great time .

Was the plane stoned and petrol bombed when it landed in Liverpool?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:00 pm

@ Dimples
Liverpool Echo were all over it to get a mob there but the bad weather kept the scouse cunts indoors thankfully it seems !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:32 am

Curious, but does the Abu Dhabi Group owns any media outlet in the UK?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:34 am

johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Why do we need headlines/ Why do we need to try and compete with the rags & dippers for media stories?
The competition is on the pitch. They can have all the headlines but we have the points and trophies. That's what we compete for.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:14 pm

"NO."

Great Post
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:24 pm

john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Why do we need headlines/ Why do we need to try and compete with the rags & dippers for media stories?
The competition is on the pitch. They can have all the headlines but we have the points and trophies. That's what we compete for.

Like it or not , media coverage is very important and to ignore it is to allow Carte Blanche to the pigs who spew their venom.

Any attack on our club needs an outrage from us fans .
If you want to keep Shtum then that’s up to you , but if someone slags off my family I don’t hide under the carpet thinking I have an ideal family so I’ll just ignore them !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Like it or not , media coverage is very important and to ignore it is to allow Carte Blanche to the pigs who spew their venom.

If you want to keep Shtum then that’s up to you , but if someone slags off my family I don’t hide under the carpet thinking I have an ideal family so I’ll just ignore them !!

I think so to, it sets the agenda, is impossible to ignore, like it or not it affects the fans (which can affect match day), can also affect a team and the refs.
Two recent examples.
Last season the media were relentless in putting a negative spotlight on us potentially winning the quadruple, for ex, City are buying success and it will be a failure if City don't win everything with the money they have spent. Saturation negative coverage that feeds into the fans and the team imo.
Liverpool are now in for the quadruple. I see no negative media coverage, no pressure on the team to achieve this, just the fantastic Liverpool team are hunting City down while still in every competition, what a fantastic achievement. Takes the pressure of Liverpool, positive vibes for the fans, less pressure on refs, etc...

How much media cover was given when we won all the domestic trophies in one season. A first. A record. How often is it splashed across Sky - hardly ever. That has to have a negative effect on City as a whole. You achieve something unique and basically it is buried. While at the same time providing positive blanket cover to the Rags and Dippers for doing fcuk all.

Negative Vs. positive cover 24*7. Throw enough shite and it sticks.
The City cover is always negative. It has to affect the players and staff one way or another.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Dimples wrote:
I think so to, it sets the agenda, is impossible to ignore, like it or not it affects the fans (which can affect match day), can also affect a team and the refs.
Two recent examples.
Last season the media were relentless in putting a negative spotlight on us potentially winning the quadruple, for ex, City are buying success and it will be a failure if City don't win everything with the money they have spent. Saturation negative coverage that feeds into the fans and the team imo.
Liverpool are now in for the quadruple. I see no negative media coverage, no pressure on the team to achieve this, just the fantastic Liverpool team are hunting City down while still in every competition, what a fantastic achievement. Takes the pressure of Liverpool, positive vibes for the fans, less pressure on refs, etc...

How much media cover was given when we won all the domestic trophies in one season. A first. A record. How often is it splashed across Sky - hardly ever. That has to have a negative effect on City as a whole. You achieve something unique and basically it is buried. While at the same time providing positive blanket cover to the Rags and Dippers for doing fcuk all.

The City cover is always negative. It has to affect the players and staff one way or another.

Spot on.
That is why I asked that above, I think our boys need to expand in the media. We really are trying to be non stop the nice guys, but we somewhere fail to understand the power of fake news.
We are seen as the villain by fans from Burnley, Stoke, etc, because of how media is projecting us, instead of seeing that we are fighting a system that ripped clubs of their best players over the years. We are an outsider that broke the system.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:31 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Two recent examples.

Spot on.
That is why I asked that above, I think our boys need to expand in the media. We really are trying to be non stop the nice guys, but we somewhere fail to understand the power of fake news.
We are seen as the villain by fans from Burnley, Stoke, etc, because of how media is projecting us, instead of seeing that we are fighting a system that ripped clubs of their best players over the years. We are an outsider that broke the system.

We certainly need to do something. Media creates (mis)perceptions. Rant coming up.

Take the academy ours Vs. The Rags and the damage the media are doing to our reputation.
Foden, McAtee, Palmer and Egan-Riley have been with us are since they were kids. All have played for the first team. All have received a top class private education from the club to fall back on jic. That is four kids that have made it all the through to the first team. In a club as competitive as ours that is an amazing achievement IMO. The media spin on our academy is that it is some sort of child labor sweat camp where we cynically buy kids to sell at a profit (that narrative is a mile from projecting that the academy is run like a business with safety nets in place for the kids that don't make it i.e. the vast majority) and one where kids have no hope of making the first team because we just spend fortunes on buying the finished articles i.e. top class experienced players. Most neutrals have bought into this narrative.
Now compare that to the perception of the Rag's academy that is peddled by the media and bought by most neutrals. A caring conveyor belt of the most talented kids in world football, carefully nurtured to play football the right way i.e. 'the Utd way' and who are honored to have the privilege of pulling on the world famous red jersey and continuing the glorious traditions of the most successful and biggest club in world football.
Bit of a difference, all created and propagated by the media and bought by the masses.

Also, how do the media describe Liverpool's transfer fees, for ex, VVD £75M, Allison £55M, Keita £54M, Diaz £50M, Jota and Fabinho £40M each, etc...?
They say brilliant business. Look at all the shite written about Diaz after his debut. Not a mention of £50M transfer fee. Just that it is another master stroke and how Klopp will make him even better. Yet our £50M signings seem to be a case of us splashing the cash. Again neutrals buy into us ruining football and Liverpool putting up a plucky resistance for traditional core values.

BTW how much cover has there been on concerns for the safety of opposing teams travelling to Anfield particularly for CL games? Thats right - silence. Imagine if it was our fans who attacked the Dipper coach.

Some consolation is that very slowly the media coverage is beginning to change in our favor, helped by the first generation of our recently successful players who are retired and doing media stints, for ex, Micah, Lescott, Nedum, Sinclair, Given, etc...

But currently the media is doing a lot of damage to City, in all sorts of different ways.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:56 pm

Dimples wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Two recent examples.

Spot on.

We certainly need to do something. Media creates (mis)perceptions. Rant coming up.

Take the academy ours Vs. The Rags and the damage the media are doing to our reputation.
Foden, McAtee, Palmer and Egan-Riley have been with us are since they were kids. All have played for the first team. All have received a top class private education from the club to fall back on jic. That is four kids that have made it all the through to the first team. In a club as competitive as ours that is an amazing achievement IMO. The media spin on our academy is that it is some sort of child labor sweat camp where we cynically buy kids to sell at a profit (that narrative is a mile from projecting that the academy is run like a business with safety nets in place for the kids that don't make it i.e. the vast majority) and one where kids have no hope of making the first team because we just spend fortunes on buying the finished articles i.e. top class experienced players. Most neutrals have bought into this narrative.
Now compare that to the perception of the Rag's academy that is peddled by the media and bought by most neutrals. A caring conveyor belt of the most talented kids in world football, carefully nurtured to play football the right way i.e. 'the Utd way' and who are honored to have the privilege of pulling on the world famous red jersey and continuing the glorious traditions of the most successful and biggest club in world football.
Bit of a difference, all created and propagated by the media and bought by the masses.

Also, how do the media describe Liverpool's transfer fees, for ex, VVD £75M, Allison £55M, Keita £54M, Diaz £50M, Jota and Fabinho £40M each, etc...?
They say brilliant business. Look at all the shite written about Diaz after his debut. Not a mention of £50M transfer fee. Just that it is another master stroke and how Klopp will make him even better. Yet our £50M signings seem to be a case of us splashing the cash. Again neutrals buy into us ruining football and Liverpool putting up a plucky resistance for traditional core values.

BTW how much cover has there been on concerns for the safety of opposing teams travelling to Anfield particularly for CL games? Thats right - silence. Imagine if it was our fans who attacked the Dipper coach.

Some consolation is that very slowly the media coverage is beginning to change in our favor, helped by the first generation of our recently successful players who are retired and doing media stints, for ex, Micah, Lescott, Nedum, Sinclair, Given, etc...

But currently the media is doing a lot of damage to City, in all sorts of different ways.

Bang on. Well said that man
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
City64 wrote:

"NO."

too right friend!

Carl Mate, I have had a City love in and addiction since 1956 and it used to anniy me to the core when braindead twats used to slag us off.
I used to blow a gasket, sometimes became so angry I wanted to punch the World and his nmate.
What changed was the realisation that no matter what I felt or what I did, no matter how much I screamed or ranted, NOWT FUKKIN CHANGED. The next day the same people just carried on doing exactly the same.
They didn't give a flying fuck how I felt.

The only loser was me. They had done their dirty deed, but it was me whose blood pressure rose to stupid levels, it my pulse rate that banged like a bongo drum and it didn't change a fucking thing.

I realised that I was damaging my health, or at least I was allowing them to damage my health. I suffered. Did they? Did they fuck, they continued to earn massive journalistic fees for writing shite and laughed all the way to the bank at my expense.

I was giving them the power to change my emotions.
Sorry Carl mate, Their words don't change anything, they can't hurt me, nor can they change the reality that we are the best team in all the land and all the World.

Oh and by the way, as long and as much as I have had this love for City,they are not my family.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum