Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Outcast » Mon May 23, 2022 9:44 pm

here's some advice on how to make yourself feel better when the media is completely unjst; jump on twitter, find yourself a vermin, give them your true thoughts. Leave Twitter account for two days to simmer. Pop back in to make sure it's roasting nicely. Chuck bit of pepper and salt and leave to settle. Finally, pop back in again to find yourself a salty roasted vermin. Word of advice, don't bite or you'll be poisoned, toss the mutant in a bin.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Outcast wrote:here's some advice on how to make yourself feel better when the media is completely unjst; jump on twitter, find yourself a vermin, give them your true thoughts. Leave Twitter account for two days to simmer. Pop back in to make sure it's roasting nicely. Chuck bit of pepper and salt and leave to settle. Finally, pop back in again to find yourself a salty roasted vermin. Word of advice, don't bite or you'll be poisoned, toss the mutant in a bin.

Most hated humans on the planet today ……..

Russians and Bin dippers.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue May 24, 2022 6:40 am

Are they all still crying?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Tue May 24, 2022 6:51 am

Mase wrote:Are they all still crying?

They will be out from underneath the rocks in a day or so. Cue many stories on how the chumps league is far more important than the Prem.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 24, 2022 10:21 am

@Patrick

It's tribalism mate. The Irish fans are very passionate and it shows at every international tournament (well, the few we qualify for !).

From a club perspective, the English League was/is the biggest show in town and a lot of Irish started supporting Liverpool because so many Irish moved over there and that created a connection.

I think the united thing came from the fact that there needed to be a rival and they were the obvious choice, coupled with the fact that a few top Irish players played for them at one point?

Anyway, as far as the Premier League goes, this was never meant to happen. They're basically confused. They were meant to do battle with each other and that's dead now, so they are bitter about it and it results in the media constantly talking about "real" football being dead, or the fact that City aren't a "real" club.

In a nut shell, we have taken their "reality" away from them.

All that said, this one isn't too bad:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soc ... 79748.html
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby belleebee » Tue May 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Great to see Ferran forcefully challenging the dominant media narrative via Twitter. At last!
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Nick » Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Jlopp manager of the year loll
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 24, 2022 9:29 pm

Nick wrote:Jlopp manager of the year loll

Is the third or fourth time our guy hasn’t won manager of the year when winning the PL? When in the vast majority of other seasons it’s a shoo in

Still, I guess Pep can look over the trophy on the sideboard to compensate
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 24, 2022 9:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Is the third or fourth time our guy hasn’t won manager of the year when winning the PL? When in the vast majority of other seasons it’s a shoo in

Still, I guess Pep can look over the trophy on the sideboard to compensate

Cannot argue with that this season TBH
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dimples » Tue May 24, 2022 9:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:@Patrick

It's tribalism mate. The Irish fans are very passionate and it shows at every international tournament (well, the few we qualify for !).

From a club perspective, the English League was/is the biggest show in town and a lot of Irish started supporting Liverpool because so many Irish moved over there and that created a connection.

I think the united thing came from the fact that there needed to be a rival and they were the obvious choice, coupled with the fact that a few top Irish players played for them at one point?

Anyway, as far as the Premier League goes, this was never meant to happen. They're basically confused. They were meant to do battle with each other and that's dead now, so they are bitter about it and it results in the media constantly talking about "real" football being dead, or the fact that City aren't a "real" club.

In a nut shell, we have taken their "reality" away from them.

All that said, this one isn't too bad:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soc ... 79748.html

So these Irish fans are bi-tribal?
They have no real connection to Manchester or Liverpool, but passionately support 'their' English clubs, travel to the matches in England, belt out the club songs and spend £££s on merchandise. Then they passionately support the Irish international team, attend the Irish matches, belt out the anti-English rebel songs and never put their €€€s into the their local Irish league clubs.

Makes sense if you are a glory hunter :lol:
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:28 pm

just scanning thro some of the above comments makes me glad I decided to stop reading the sports' news pages, listening to the pre scripted pundits and watching games with the sound off.

I have a great personal relationship with City as I suppose we all do.
If I need to know owt, I can usually find most info on here or from stuff I am told.

City are the Premier League Champions, if the rest of the World wants to sit in a corner and either sit in a corner with their thumbs up their own arses and ignore our successes or get angry about their lost profits...that's their issue and their responsibility to deal with it.

As far as I am concerned, My team (and yours) have won a shedload of trophies in the last few years. The recruitment of players has been largely more successful than I could have expected and once again I am fukkin buzzing.

It'll be even more hllarious when we win it all again next season.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dimples » Tue May 24, 2022 10:47 pm

john68 wrote:just scanning thro some of the above comments makes me glad I decided to stop reading the sports' news pages, listening to the pre scripted pundits and watching games with the sound off.

I have a great personal relationship with City as I suppose we all do.
If I need to know owt, I can usually find most info on here or from stuff I am told.

City are the Premier League Champions, if the rest of the World wants to sit in a corner and either sit in a corner with their thumbs up their own arses and ignore our successes or get angry about their lost profits...that's their issue and their responsibility to deal with it.

As far as I am concerned, My team (and yours) have won a shedload of trophies in the last few years. The recruitment of players has been largely more successful than I could have expected and once again I am fukkin buzzing.

It'll be even more hllarious when we win it all again next season.

Next season our playing style will evolve putting daylight between ourselves and Liverpool.
I think that is more than wishful thinking?
Haaland and Alvarez arrive, Foden plays in the middle more often, Jack has served his Pep apprenticeship, squad freshened up i.e. Fern replacement, one of Jesus, Mahrez or Sterling move on....
Exciting times.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carolina-blue » Wed May 25, 2022 1:11 am

belleebee wrote:Great to see Ferran forcefully challenging the dominant media narrative via Twitter. At last!

First Pep now Ferran Seems the club have finally said enough is enough , I hope they go after a few wankers now ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby patrickblue » Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 am

Well, he did run City close with a team of academy graduates.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Two's Kompany » Wed May 25, 2022 5:59 am

I think this is fair. After all anyone could manage/coach our team.
You know with all those out and out strikers we've got, it's easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby stupot » Wed May 25, 2022 6:15 am

Two's Kompany wrote:

You know with all those out and out strikers we've got, it's easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 we won it- Pardew manager of the year.
2014 we won it- Pulis manager of the year.
Now this year.
But there's no agenda!!!!!!
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed May 25, 2022 9:03 am

stupot wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

2012 we won it- Pardew manager of the year.
2014 we won it- Pulis manager of the year.
Now this year.
But there's no agenda!!!!!!

He got his team to basically two victories away from a quadruple which is some achievement, the closest anyone has ever got. However, the accolade is Premier League Manager of the Year, so in reality should the other tournaments even come in to the decision making process ? He certainly wasn’t the best manager in the PL, obviously Pep is better because he won it , and I would say Eddie Howe has done a great job with Newcastle and maybe more deserving.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Mase » Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 am

Klopp played two cup finals and his team scored zero goals. He had Benfica and Villarreal in the quarter final and semi final of the CL. He lost the league. He won the “We pushed City all the way” trophy.

Brilliant. What an achievement.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 25, 2022 9:41 am

If Madrid will be Madrid and win it, it will be comical.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 25, 2022 9:53 am

Mase wrote:Klopp played two cup finals and his team scored zero goals. He had Benfica and Villarreal in the quarter final and semi final of the CL. He lost the league. He won the “We pushed City all the way” trophy.

Brilliant. What an achievement.

I liked this post very much.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum