Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Not the smartest person on earth, but Le Tissier makes a lot of sense here about Sky's agenda and why someone like the spitter still has a job

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/matt-le-tis ... BwtSUf3b7I
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:09 pm

john68 wrote:Some years ago, whilst helping someone to write a 'History Of City', The then City curator Bernard Miles allowed us access to a number of City documents, amongst which was a dissertation on the financial strategies of football clubs compared to other non sport businesses.

We were able to see the figures regarding the actual transfer fees of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee. I was gobsmacked that the actual transfer fees bore no resemblance whatsoever to the figures reported publicly and generally accepted by everyone.

When I questioned Mr Miles about this, he told me that it was general policy throughout football not to reveal transfer fees nor their details to the media. He told us that the media usually considered the probable value of the player, the circumstances of the sale and settled on a figure they believed would be as near as they could guess.

Neither Bell, Summerbee nor Lee were bought for the figures that are commonly reported and accepted, in fac,theyare all quite a long way off.
I don't suppose that much has changed and I usually totally ignore figures reported around transfers as made up fairy stories to satisfy the media agenda and fill their reportage space.

I employed a guy from Georgia who was , allegedly, best mates with kinky .(I received a signed shirt so I had no reason to disbelieve him )
He was bought a 500 K house in Switzerland as part of his deal (allegedly) which obviously wasn’t public knowledge .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby harveytravis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:47 pm

PeterParker wrote:Not the smartest person on earth, but Le Tissier makes a lot of sense here about Sky's agenda and why someone like the spitter still has a job

Watch the whole video... it's terrifying!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:Some years ago, whilst helping someone to write a 'History Of City', The then City curator Bernard Miles allowed us access to a number of City documents, amongst which was a dissertation on the financial strategies of football clubs compared to other non sport businesses.

We were able to see the figures regarding the actual transfer fees of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee. I was gobsmacked that the actual transfer fees bore no resemblance whatsoever to the figures reported publicly and generally accepted by everyone.

When I questioned Mr Miles about this, he told me that it was general policy throughout football not to reveal transfer fees nor their details to the media. He told us that the media usually considered the probable value of the player, the circumstances of the sale and settled on a figure they believed would be as near as they could guess.

Neither Bell, Summerbee nor Lee were bought for the figures that are commonly reported and accepted, in fac,theyare all quite a long way off.
I don't suppose that much has changed and I usually totally ignore figures reported around transfers as made up fairy stories to satisfy the media agenda and fill their reportage space.

I employed a guy from Georgia who was , allegedly, best mates with kinky .(I received a signed shirt so I had no reason to disbelieve him )
He was bought a 500 K house in Switzerland as part of his deal (allegedly) which obviously wasn’t public knowledge .

One story regarding a youngster who was wanted by City and the rags made me laugh.
Apparently, the rags were knocking on the front door as City were pushing a three piece suite through the back door. City got the deal.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Must have been a Barn then Carl .

Basic apartments in Zürich cost 2 mill ( about 1.3 mill in Kinkis time at City) .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Basic apartments in Zürich cost 2 mill ( about 1.3 mill in Kinkis time at City) .

A Barn is luxury for a Georgian.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:10 am

harveytravis wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Not the smartest person on earth, but Le Tissier makes a lot of sense here about Sky's agenda and why someone like the spitter still has a job

Watch the whole video... it's terrifying!

I think Tiss is a very smart guy, he knows his stuff !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

A Barn is luxury for a Georgian.

Nope, i am not biting !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Speaking on The Rob Moore podcast, Le Tissier said: “Within five seconds I was told there was no more work for me at Sky.

“I had about seven months left to run on my contract but I was told that I wouldn’t be needed anymore.

“They didn’t really give a particular reason, they just said ‘the show was going in a different direction’, they were the words I think they used. So I asked the question, ‘does this have anything to do with my posts on social media?’

“To which their reply was, ‘well we have to take into account the reputation of the company when making these decisions.’ At which point I said ‘oh that’s interesting, because at the moment, you are employing somebody who spat at a girl from his car’.

“Jamie Carragher, who spat at a young girl through his car. They suspended him for six months and then brought him back into the fold.

“I said ‘do you not think that might have harmed the reputation of the company at all?’ and I got told ‘we can’t talk about other people on this’. So that was it really.”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:55 pm

Paul Dickov has tweeted something along the lines of “exciting news later this afternoon “ ???

Hmmm something happening …….
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:08 pm

City64 wrote:Paul Dickov has tweeted something along the lines of “exciting news later this afternoon “ ???

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Paul Dickov has tweeted something along the lines of “exciting news later this afternoon “ ???

He has just tweeted it’s tomorrow now and it is very exciting news !
Oh well …….
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:27 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

He has just tweeted it’s tomorrow now and it is very exciting news !
Oh well …….

Gonna be about him probably joining Sky/BT etc... or his son signing for someone.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:58 am

The net spend stories seem to have dried up since Nunez signed for Liverpool?
I don't expect them to resurface if we sell Sterling on top of Jesus, Bazunu, Porro and last season Torres, Angelino, Harrison (paid for Grealish).
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:06 pm

Dimples wrote:The net spend stories seem to have dried up since Nunez signed for Liverpool?
I don't expect them to resurface if we sell Sterling on top of Jesus, Bazunu, Porro and last season Torres, Angelino, Harrison (paid for Grealish).

If only Tebas could add up!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby stupot » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:38 pm

His sons joined Brentford.
Not that exciting for most of us
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:46 am

stupot wrote:

No indeed , Mr Dickov playing games with us . Big season for Brentford coming up , if they carry on improving they will finish above Arsenal ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stupot » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:21 am

City64 wrote:
stupot wrote:

No indeed , Mr Dickov playing games with us . Big season for Brentford coming up , if they carry on improving they will finish above Arsenal ! :lol:

So City
dippers
Brentford
Arsenal

Checking the odds on that with Paddy Power :D
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dimples » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm

stupot wrote:
City64 wrote:
stupot wrote:

So City
dippers
Brentford
Arsenal

Checking the odds on that with Paddy Power :D

Dippers are far from certain to finish second imo. Mane gone, Salah uncommitted and avoiding injury because he is moving on, unproven Nunez, Jota good but not top class, Diaz looks very good but on a very small sample size playing in a winning team, all their rivals are strengthening.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:18 pm

Nunez' transfer fee has dropped significantly and haaland's has increased by a million.

I thought once the contracts were signed and the sale closed, you couldn't ask for 20 million off as the buying club.... or ask for another million as the selling club?

Odd

https://talksport.com/football/1140288/
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum