Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:27 pm

I speculated that Pep would love Bonucci before I even knew he said those words.

I know we all hate Jamie Jackson, but the Guardian is not the Daily Mail. They have a rumour mill where they post the typical bollocks with a tongue firmly planted in their cheek. However, when they do these types of pieces they tend to report things that are actually happening from fairly reliable sources, even if they don't always end up being finalised (i.e. Aubameyang).

He is reporting we offered more than 40m Euros...more like 45m, but Juve said no, and now we are considering £51m. He is the perfect defender for Pep despite being 29. Hard to know if it will happen, but I wouldn't assume it's not.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:30 pm

PrezIke wrote:I speculated that Pep would love Bonucci before I even knew he said those words.

I know we all hate Jamie Jackson, but the Guardian is not the Daily Mail. They have a rumour mill where they post the typical bollocks with a tongue firmly planted in their cheek. However, when they do these types of pieces they tend to report things that are actually happening from fairly reliable sources, even if they don't always end up being finalised (i.e. Aubameyang).

He is reporting we offered more than 40m Euros...more like 45m, but Juve said no, and now we are considering £51m. He is the perfect defender for Pep despite being 29. Hard to know if it will happen, but I wouldn't assume it's not.

he would be amazing...but i can't see it. Can he bring his momma with him if he comes?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:30 pm

PrezIke wrote:I speculated that Pep would love Bonucci before I even knew he said those words.

I'd like to know which source gave him access to Pep's thoughts.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Dameerto wrote:

He has a primary source as there is a quote of Pep's own words on Bonucci:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... do-bonucci

Pep Guardiola, the City head coach, is a keen admirer of the centre-back, having described him in February as “one of my favourite ever players” following Bayern Munich’s 2-2 draw with Juventus in the Champions League.

Of course, whether you believe that's enough to back this story is up to you, but why would he say that if he didn't believe it in some way?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Dameerto wrote:

I'm fairly certain this was the ultimate sauce...

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Spurge » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

he would be amazing...but i can't see it. Can he bring his momma with him if he comes?

cheers

£51m for a 29 year old. As good a defender as he undoubtedly is if we are seriously offering this sort of money then juventus would surely bite our hands off.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 pm

PrezIke wrote:
He has a primary source as there is a quote of Pep's own words on Bonucci:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... do-bonucci

Pep Guardiola, the City head coach, is a keen admirer of the centre-back, having described him in February as “one of my favourite ever players” following Bayern Munich’s 2-2 draw with Juventus in the Champions League.

Of course, whether you believe that's enough to back this story is up to you, but why would he say that if he didn't believe it in some way?

This is what I mean taken directly from the Guardian article:

Guardiola views the defender as an automatic first choice should he be signed.

The position is one of the key weakness identified in the City squad by Guardiola.

He takes one quote from a match when Pep was in charge of a different team and was complimentary about him, then weaves in assumptions and guess work to try and make a story. Slow news day.

The illiterate wage-stealing 'journalist' should also have used 'weaknesses' in the second of those two assumptions but I'd expect a shoddy fucked up article from such a lowlife piece of shit as Jackson.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:19 pm

£50 million for Bonucci or Stones ?

Bonucci every day of the week !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:57 pm

City64 wrote:£50 million for Bonucci or Stones ?

Now I'm a big fan of bonucci's but I can't be certain I would agree. The prem is played very differently to seria A and I go back to the fact he is 29. Stones with prem experience and time on his side may be a better bet. Either way £50m is big money which may not see a good return. What do we consider as better value alternatives ?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Can't believe people are still worrying about money. Surely the TV money this season means we need not worry about £31 million or £50 million - especially when it's not going to an English club!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Spurge wrote:

Now I'm a big fan of bonucci's but I can't be certain I would agree. The prem is played very differently to seria A and I go back to the fact he is 29. Stones with prem experience and time on his side may be a better bet. Either way £50m is big money which may not see a good return. What do we consider as better value alternatives ?

This move has to confirm that the target set for Pep is to immediately get a team together that can win the CL.

The owners were always in a hurry, but now that Pep is actually here they have decided that their time to go all out is now.
Looks like they will deliver on whatever Pep requires to suceed immediately (and also take no chances that the horrible person at the Rags could out do us).

This is the only way I can make sense of paying £50m for a 29 year old.
Bonucci is Vinny's direct replacement and we will probably buy Stones as well.
Then Stones can be developed over the next three seasons - he will be the successor to Bonucci.

This is great stuff.
Forget value for money, that is a side show. Not even a factor for the owners.
The owners have said to Pep we want immediate success. Tell us what you need. We will get it, finance is not an issue.
When we get it Pep, we trust you to deliver on the field.
(And also build in succession i.e. Stones, Nacho, etc...)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Spurge » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Mase wrote:Can't believe people are still worrying about money. Surely the TV money this season means we need not worry about £31 million or £50 million - especially when it's not going to an English club!

I not worried as such after all it's not my money but I think value for money is important. I also think reputation is important if we become the team that slings money here there and everywhere we will be held to ransom by clubs on future deals. Though the youth set up and facilities should hold us in good stead at some point in the future from a financial perspective as a bigger percentage of our first team squad will come from within complemented by a few big name players signed from elsewhere.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:14 pm

He is italian.

He can defend?

What is the debate here? Move on.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Spurge wrote:
Mase wrote:Can't believe people are still worrying about money. Surely the TV money this season means we need not worry about £31 million or £50 million - especially when it's not going to an English club!

I not worried as such after all it's not my money but I think value for money is important. I also think reputation is important if we become the team that slings money here there and everywhere we will be held to ransom by clubs on future deals. Though the youth set up and facilities should hold us in good stead at some point in the future from a financial perspective as a bigger percentage of our first team squad will come from within complemented by a few big name players signed from elsewhere.

Probably a bit late for that now mate! We've had to over pay for some years now. Remember when AC wanted us to pay £100+ million for Kaka but then ended up selling him to Madrid for €68.5 million.

Paying £50 million for an Italian to an Italian club won't change anything at this point.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Wheres the steve daley money? Thats my question
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Spurge » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:He is italian.

He can defend?

It's an interesting one. Last season plenty were moaning about our ageing squad and how our youth players should have been given more in the way of opportunity. Now we are advocating bringing in a defender at 29 for £50m but are also saying at the same time we shouldn't bring the likes of Dimitri Payet in as he'd cost too much and would be too old anyway at erm..... 29 years of age
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Dimples wrote:
Spurge wrote:

This move has to confirm that the target set for Pep is to immediately get a team together that can win the CL.

The owners were always in a hurry, but now that Pep is actually here they have decided that their time to go all out is now.
Looks like they will deliver on whatever Pep requires to suceed immediately (and also take no chances that the horrible person at the Rags could out do us).

This is the only way I can make sense of paying £50m for a 29 year old.
Bonucci is Vinny's direct replacement and we will probably buy Stones as well.
Then Stones can be developed over the next three seasons - he will be the successor to Bonucci.

This is great stuff.
Forget value for money, that is a side show. Not even a factor for the owners.
The owners have said to Pep we want immediate success. Tell us what you need. We will get it, finance is not an issue.
When we get it Pep, we trust you to deliver on the field.
(And also build in succession i.e. Stones, Nacho, etc...)

Nice post and thoughts , totally agree its about putting a team together to win the CL ASAP now pep is here !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Spurge wrote:

He can defend?

It's an interesting one. Last season plenty were moaning about our ageing squad and how our youth players should have been given more in the way of opportunity. Now we are advocating bringing in a defender at 29 for £50m but are also saying at the same time we shouldn't bring the likes of Dimitri Payet in as he'd cost too much and would be too old anyway at erm..... 29 years of age

Neah, not me.

If you see the Denayer threads here, I made my point. I watched him almost every week in Turkey and always said a serious NO to him. On the other young defenders from EDS i have no idea how they are, never saw them and would be unfair to have something against them.

For Bonucci i would pay 50 milion, for Payet I would not, even if I like him. If Bonucci comes here, he will be our number one defender and will be a rock here for 5 years without a doubt. Look at Chielini, old as fuck and hard as a rock. Bonucci and a fit Kompany would be a Mancini type of defence. Unbreakable.

At this time, we need someone who can lead the defence. Stones is not that, if you ask me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Spurge wrote:

He can defend?

Neah, not me.

If you see the Denayer threads here, I made my point. I watched him almost every week in Turkey and always said a serious NO to him. On the other young defenders from EDS i have no idea how they are, never saw them and would be unfair to have something against them.

For Bonucci i would pay 50 milion, for Payet I would not, even if I like him. If Bonucci comes here, he will be our number one defender and will be a rock here for 5 years without a doubt. Look at Chielini, old as fuck and hard as a rock. Bonucci and a fit Kompany would be a Mancini type of defence. Unbreakable.

At this time, we need someone who can lead the defence. Stones is not that, if you ask me.

Agreed , its all about right here right now if top top proven class players are available like Bonucci .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:57 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Spurge wrote:

He can defend?

Neah, not me.

Agreed , its all about right here right now if top top proven class players are available like Bonucci .

It's a mixture of both for me with youth and experience, but over £50m for a fella on the way down. No chance.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum