City V's Blackburn - Match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City V's Blackburn - Match thread

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:All in all a very happy City fan right now and very optimistic for the future

Do my eyes deceive me or has the new site brought with it a new RIG?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Crossie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Richards wasnt a world beater, but he was 100% better than any performance last season, especially early on, he was putting himself about a whole lot, when and where it mattered.

Our Fullbacks will always have a hard time because of who plays infront of them, its usually Bridge, and indeed, some threats did come in from our left, but Bridge and Richards had similar games.

well done all 11, all did well.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby shawzy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:52 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:All in all a very happy City fan right now and very optimistic for the future

Do my eyes deceive me or has the new site brought with it a new RIG?

Good post RIG..I disagree with you and Original special one on Micah.I thought he did a good job considering hes just got over pig flu.But thats just my opinion and your entitled to yours..Brill result considering all that pressure the team has had to endure from the press and other clubs.Well done City.Im so proud :-)#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:THe commentators on Sentana are LOVING us.

the post match cocksucking we got on Setanta was out of this world as well.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 pm

CityGer wrote:Absolutely superb. What a start.

I said in the 'your hopes for the season' thread that I'd love to see us go away from home, grind out results and keep clean sheets. I think we did slightly more than just grind this out. We were missing the spirit and steel to get this kind of result last season so this bodes well.

Well done lads!!!

i agree...our counterattacks were so impressive and professional and surgical. i was just amazed at how well well we looked. Defensively we've got a ways to go, but it wasn't completely shite. Richards, Bridge and Toure were good today. And Dunne lifted his head in the 2nd half and made himself matter. Not a Top 4 defense we saw today, but one that with some tweaking or one more player and we'll be within a shout of a top-class defense i think.

Our BENCH includes some serious talent as well. From threadbare to one of the deepest teams in the Prem in 12 months. I'm flying high and feeling really good today. Today could be the start of a really really special season for us.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Just got back now. Was a good match and a really top atmosphere for the first game of the season. Slightly overshadowed by some inbred cunt police officer gripin me and threatening to arrest me after the match simply cause I wanted to meet my mate who was stood 30 yards away from.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vhero » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Had to go out today and missed the match (well gutted). Will catch highlights on MOTD later but 2-0 AWAY win is a great start especially considering a lot of us were fearing what would have happened had we lost this game. Nice one lads you did your fans proud!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Really enjoyed it today, atmosphere was brilliant and we looked everything we didn't away last season. Got to say I thought the Dunne/Toure partnership looked very good.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:30 pm

just got back and sat down, where do i start, first i must say that the noise level from us at times was simply fantastic. The lads played bloody well and showed flash's of whats to come (i hope). All in all im a very happy chappy indeed.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blootoof » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Got no throat left. Top day :)
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Just seen the goals now, fuckin quality. Can't believe I'm gonna miss first home game :(
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 am

just like to say how happy i am after yesterdays result. 2-0 away from home really is a big statement to make. fair enough we weren't great but i realised that i didn't brick it every time the ball came into our area (which is the first time in years) because our defence was so good. micah has certainly been working on regaining what he lost last year and looked class yesterday. was just proud of him. toure brilliant and composed (as we knew he would be). dunne and bridge although they got skinned a few times they made some absolutely heroic tackles, and let lescott know if he thinks he can walk into the team he has another thing coming. barry was great at picking up the pieces and distributing to the wingers. SWP showed flashes of his best stuff and some of bellamy's runs with the ball were just brilliant.

special paragraph for ade. he was everywhere. everyone i was with said they'd never seen him play like that, all i can deduce is wenger must have been telling him to stay as far forward as possible when he was at arsenal, because for me his effort gained him man of the match. i kept thinking for his goal, if that chance was presented to him at arsenal he would have had to take several more touches before looking for bendtner. well done ade!

some of the lads were pretty quiet yesterday (ireland and robby) but first day of the season, thats bound to happen. we know those guys have got what it takes and it won't be long before we are playing genuinely thrilling football and dominating games like we were at home last season. love you city.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum