LESCOTT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: LESCOTT

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I won't be getting to carried away with is goalscoring record now he's with us.

All of Barry's corners were hit to long and all of SWP's corners couldn't even reach the six yard box. Lescott will have his work cut out to get on any of them.

Lescott & RSC will sort out our corner problems in the long run imo. Even if they don't score many themselves they'll cause interference so people like Tevez get free for tap ins. They'll just ask for the ball to be banged into the danger area & attack it, keeping the attempted clever arsed stuff, that no one can deliver, to a minimum.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
crossan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I agree we should stop now, apart from if Messi becomes available & of course young players for the academy/reserves. There's another transfer window in January. Surely we've got enough people in now that we can see how they go & make a move then if we find an area that needs improving?

Oh come on peeps if the Sheiks got the money why not buy ;Gerrard,Torres,Fabregas,Van Persie,etc,etc,etc.why stop at Lescott?
BTW I could never support another club sorry.

I'd actually already have a bid in for Torres & Gerrard, not in the hope of signing them but just to cause trouble.

Would just make us look foolish.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I won't be getting to carried away with is goalscoring record now he's with us.

All of Barry's corners were hit to long and all of SWP's corners couldn't even reach the six yard box. Lescott will have his work cut out to get on any of them.

On Sadti SWP took a corner it hit the first man and went out for another corner,i turned to big bri and said 'this ones gonna hit the first man again' guess what?

It did!!!

SWP should not take corners,i actually think Bridge would take a good one and when he works out the runners Barry obviously.

I always think just sling the ball in the mixer anything can happen sack all this fancy one-two short corner first man rubbish.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

On Sadti SWP took a corner it hit the first man and went out for another corner,i turned to big bri and said 'this ones gonna hit the first man again' guess what?

It did!!!

SWP should not take corners,i actually think Bridge would take a good one and when he works out the runners Barry obviously.

Only few minutes later Barry went to take corner from the right and put it beautifully into box..... only all our tall lads had run towards front post.

I reckon we'll sort out this corner thing once we train it a bit and players get used to each other. Barry takes really good corner, something we haven't had for years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

It did!!!

Only few minutes later Barry went to take corner from the right and put it beautifully into box..... only all our tall lads had run towards front post.

I reckon we'll sort out this corner thing once we train it a bit and players get used to each other. Barry takes really good corner, something we haven't had for years.

spot on. gazza bazza's corners + lescott's head = goals from set pieces (i know we haven't seen any for some time but they can happen, i promise)
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

It did!!!

He does usually & the kind of delivery he did for Villa should be perfect for Lescott & RSC. One of the big problems imo has been Dunne's lack of confidence/ability as a main potential scorer when attacking the ball. If he does get to it he defends it for the oppo by nodding it into touch rather than keeping it alive. Strangely enough he seems to be more decisive for Ireland attacking corners.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 pm

That's a shame, this site's ground banner is nicely framed behind lescott but its out of focus.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 pm

His shirt should say: "Jo' 'cott"
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum