Saturday's gossip Bollox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's gossip Bollox

Postby Chinners » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:08 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Arsene Wenger says Barcelona have as much chance of signing Cesc Fabregas as Arsenal have of signing Lionel Messi.Irish Independent

Newcastle midfielder Damien Duff is due in London to finalise a transfer to Fulham. (Sky Sports News)

Chelsea are poised for a £42million bid for Atletico Madrid's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero. Sun

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is still trying to persuade Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen to join him at Upton Park. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa could move for Tottenham's out-of-favour winger David Bentley, but only as a back-up player.
Times

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has made an enquiry about Aston Villa's England winger James Milner, who cost £12m from Newcastle last August. Sun

Everton are trailing Spartak Moscow winger Vladimir Bystrov, 25, and are interested in a loan deal for Valencia's Argentine midfielder Ever Banega, 21. The Toffees are also watching giant defender Isaac Vorsah, who plays for German club Hoffenheim.Daily Mail

Middlesbrough are ready to sell German centre-half Robert Huth to Stoke City in a £2.5m deal. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle want Bolton defender Andy O'Brien, 29, to return to St James' Park to solve their defensive crisis. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Harry Redknapp says David Bentley still has a future at Tottenham - as long as he does not step out of line again after his recent drink-driving incident. The Sun

Everton boss David Moyes has accused Mark Hughes of using underhand tactics to unsettle Joleon Lescott and claimed that it had cost Manchester City any chance of landing their latest target. Daily Mail

Former Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is set to become the new manager of Norwich, who sacked Bryan Gunn less than a week into the season.Daily Mail

Paul Hart believes the proposed takeover of Portsmouth will not happen, plunging the club into yet more uncertainty on the eve of the new Barclays Premier League season.Times

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... harrington

AND FINALLY
Defender Anton Ferdinand is planning a Michael Jackson goal tribute is he nets for Sunderland in the Black Cats' Premier League opener at Bolton. "I'm not too sure how it will work out, I actually thought of putting a glove in my sock to pull out if I score," said big Jacko fan Anton.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's gossip Bollox

Postby Vhero » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:12 am

Gotta love the bit about Moyes he claims we have no chance at first then says we ruined our chances? The guys clearly lost it..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 am

Looking at that WAG, this is the first time I will have ever said this and actually meant it, but....

Thanks Joey!!!
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:21 am

What Moyes, and Chelski before him, are failing to acknowledge is that City are now under a constant media microscope. As soon as we make a bid for a player the press go into overdrive and print non-stop stories about it and never let up on asking Hughes to comment. Moyes is used to most of his comments being printing in the Echo whereas if Hughes farts it'll be on the back pages across the world
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:50 am

What the hell is such a stunning WAG doing with a complete knobstain that is Joey Barton? This world never ceases to amaze me
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 am

craigmcfc wrote:What the hell is such a stunning WAG doing with a complete knobstain that is Joey Barton? This world never ceases to amaze me

Money and fame?
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 pm

craigmcfc wrote:What the hell is such a stunning WAG doing with a complete knobstain that is Joey Barton? This world never ceases to amaze me

she likes it rough?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Return to The Maine Football forum