BBC Live Text

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

BBC Live Text

Postby bluej » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Which game were they watching?

1536: Hmmm, it seems that, for all their new players, Manchester City haven't learnt from last season. Gareth Barry is struggling as the only holding player in the middle - and he has not been helped by a number of poor passes he has received from his new team-mates. Morten Gamst Pedersen, in particular, is driving Rovers forward.

1617: Blackburn are still on top at Ewood Park, where Shay Given has made another fantastic save to keep out Jason Roberts' downward header which flew through a crowd of players. Manchester City hanging on to their 1-0 lead by Given's fingertips right now.

From Hazel in Preston on 81111: "Blackburn deserve a goal they certainly have given Man City a run for their money."

From Nostradamus on 81111: "No balance in the Man City team, expect a Rovers equaliser by Roberts in the next 10 minutes."

From I82People on 606: "City look very much a John Terry type leader short of being a top four team. They have just got a sort of mindless attack-attack-attack approach."

From Xav on 81111: "I would just like to point out to Nostradamus that Jason Roberts has come off for Franco Di Santo. But I can still Blackburn winning this."

Now I know Blackburn put us under the cosh on a few occasions, but they hardly dominated the game in the slightest, it was just constant punts forward from Robinson/Defence. Whenever the ball was played around it was by us and we always looked the more likely to score.

Still, it's nice to put the boot into all these critics with results like the one we got today.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: BBC Live Text

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:12 pm

There was a good 40 minutes in the game when city hardly saw the ball and blackburn were controlling the game. they were probably fair comments in that time period.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: BBC Live Text

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:36 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:There was a good 40 minutes in the game when city hardly saw the ball and blackburn were controlling the game. they were probably fair comments in that time period.

15 or 20 mins maybe, certainly not 40.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum