Everton v Arsenal late kick off

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Everton v Arsenal late kick off

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:54 am

HeyMark wrote:Arsenal were truly immense, shows all these people who were writing them off that when they play like that they're still one of the best teams in the league.

Jo was absolutely terrible today.

I find that hard to believe
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I was totally skocked when I saw this on MOTF last night. Yes, Arsenal were good and took their goals well, but Everton was fucking gash.
Could be a very difficult autum for them if they lose the next couple of games as well.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Trautmann wrote:It would seem that both Villa and Everton have come out of the off-season seriously weakened.

Villa doesn't surprise me at all, Barry was massive for them almost always MoTM so seeing him sign for us I was expecting them to struggle unless they signed a good replacement. I don't really understand Everton though, they are largely unchanged from last season, could it be that all the Lescott talk has really affected them that much? Funny if true!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

irblinx wrote:
Trautmann wrote:It would seem that both Villa and Everton have come out of the off-season seriously weakened.

Villa doesn't surprise me at all, Barry was massive for them almost always MoTM so seeing him sign for us I was expecting them to struggle unless they signed a good replacement. I don't really understand Everton though, they are largely unchanged from last season, could it be that all the Lescott talk has really affected them that much? Funny if true!

Like Moyes said in his post match interview, that lineup was practically the same one that finished their league campaign last season and got to the FA cup semi's - they're in turmoil right now.
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum