De Jong?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: De Jong?

Postby john68 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 am

Just when who had started to give up on SWP?...When?.....You may have done, but don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Please remember that there has been a significant change over the close season. We no longer have a 1st team, we have a squad. It means different players for different challenges. It means, over the season, the players and the formations will change.
A player not being picked one game does not mean he will necessarily play any less a role over the season.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:00 am

Dr Golfball wrote:
Vhero wrote:Feel sorry for De Jong in a way as when we get Lescott and Kompany comes back the lads gonna struggle to get in the team.

I'm not sure who i rate more, Kompany or de Jong. Difficult one that.

I thought they both had decent games against Blackburn tbh. De Jong's distribution was flawless and Kompany didn't give away any silly freekicks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:22 am

I thought Hughes got it spot on yesterday. Maybe more so that ever before for us. It remains to be seen whether that was exception or whether he can keep it going.

The decision to leave extra holding player away and play two up front based on the assumption that Blackburn were going to pass midfield quickly and mostly by booting it long, meaning there was no need for midfield ball winner, especially one that doesn't add anything to our aerial presence.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Kuwait » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:50 am

shawzy wrote:I was shocked de jong didnt play

don't shocked with Sparky ..

* The Elano's story telling us the truth
Kuwait
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Fish111 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Cant argue with tactics or team selection today. Hughes nailed it!!

Agreed goat, good team selection. De Jong was a non-starter because we all know we were gonna get high balls lobbed over our midfield up to Jason Roberts, that's the Fat Sam way!
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:30 am

He was on the bench, but I think with him yawning his head off after about 30 minutes, Hughes was never going to bring him on incase he nodded off in mid-game, I guess that ferry over to Amseterdam can really take it out of you.

Boatlag.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:33 am

paulmclaren wrote:Yeah sorry the forum is miles better.
Bit more sober ow :)
What about big Zab too?
Seriously does not deserve to not be in that starting 11.
Better then Richards imo.
Hughes sure is going to have his hands full keeping this bunch together.

Paul, neither of Nedum, Zab, Petrov, de Jong or Weiss came on yesterday, they were all on the bench along with Taylor, everybody else that was otherwise not having to dry their new Away shirt after the game was at home with their wife, shopping with them, or as in Garrido's case watching from the touchline.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Futbol » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 am

We are developing a good squad and they will need to be patient this year - next year hopefully we will have European Football and it will be easier to keep everyone happy.
Futbol
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Rodney Marsh

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:49 am

Futbol wrote:We are developing a good squad and they will need to be patient this year - next year hopefully we will have European Football and it will be easier to keep everyone happy.

Absolutely mate, there will be games where we need to field De Jong, Barry and Ireland and break down their midfield game - in other games we will want to be more attacking, such as today. Hughes got the tactics spot on today, long may that continue
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum