next 5 games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next 5 games

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:09 am

Fuck it we're gonna win all 5!
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 am

wolves home Lose
portsmouth away Draw
arsenal home Lose
utd away Win
hammers home Lose

Sorry, Cookie - but that's typical City.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:32 am

i would go for 11 points, i think we can win against wolves, pompy, west ham, arsenal and get a draw at the swamp
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Beeks » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:44 am

Wolves home - Win
Portsmouth away - Win
Arsenal home - Draw
Utd away - Lose
West Ham home - Win

I'm going with this
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:01 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Wolves home - Win
Portsmouth away - Win
Arsenal home - Draw
Utd away - Lose
West Ham home - Win

I'm going with this

Same. I would give away any of those wins to change that loss into a win however.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:38 pm

wolves home 3
portsmouth away 3
arsenal homes 1
utd away 3
hammers home 1

11 /15
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mr_nool » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:31 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:wolves home 3
portsmouth away 3
arsenal homes 1
utd away 3
hammers home 1

11 /15

i was just gonna post that exact prediction. i think we will hammer united.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Svensational wrote:Wolves (H) 3 points
Pompey (A) 3 points
Arsenal (H) 1 point
U***d (A) 1 point
West Ham (H) 3 points

I think we'll get 12 points over the next 5 games hopefully! Id really like to say we'd take 3 points from Arsenal but after yesterdays performance I think it will be a tough match!

Your math is impressive. We get a bonus point for being so damn sexy?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Leedsblue » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:14 pm

adebayor25 wrote:how many points do you think we will get in the next 5 games ?

wolves home WIN
portsmouth away? WIN
arsenal homes? DRAW
utd away? LOSE
hammers home ? DRAW

8/15
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 am

Wolves - 1-0 win
Pompey - 2-0 win
Arse - 0-0 draw
manure - 1-0 defeat
Hammers - 1-1 draw

8 points.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Oooh Vonky Vonky » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:28 am

We will be lucky to get another point ..........just remember who we have signed.

According to other fans who have given us their honest and unbiased assessment of their former players over the summer:

Adebayour - Lazy money grabber wont put effort in
Toure - Malaria ridden crock - finished
Tevez - Headless chicken wont hit a barn door from 2 yards
Barry - Nothing player who will add nothing to the team

That allied to the fact we have a load of primadonnas all over the park and a crap defence.

I tell you we are doomed.

so Zero points i think

( But funnily enough from what i saw on sat afternoon..........i think more think 10 points !! )
Oooh Vonky Vonky
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:41 am

Slim,
Just nipping back to my "We can win 'em all" post earlier...Do I really believe it?...Yes Mate!...and why not?

We are more than capable of beating all those teams (including the rags, at the swamp).

Whether we will or not, is another matter, but on a match to match basis, we can do this. I wonder how many looked at the group of games, thought similar to me, then knocked a point off here and there "just because of past levels of expectation"?
This a a brave new World...with a brave new City. We start with a blank sheet and a squad that is the equal of any in the League. For all those who think we can't, "WHY NOT"?
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

john68 wrote:Slim,
Just nipping back to my "We can win 'em all" post earlier...Do I really believe it?...Yes Mate!...and why not?

We are more than capable of beating all those teams (including the rags, at the swamp).

Whether we will or not, is another matter, but on a match to match basis, we can do this. I wonder how many looked at the group of games, thought similar to me, then knocked a point off here and there "just because of past levels of expectation"?
This a a brave new World...with a brave new City. We start with a blank sheet and a squad that is the equal of any in the League. For all those who think we can't, "WHY NOT"?

Because I am able to see team strengths and can assess what we SHOULD be able to do. If we win against the filth I will be over the moon twice over because of Tevez's hatrick and because I never banked on it.

There is nothing wrong with realistic expectations and pleasant surprises.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am

On a daily basis, I pick up rags who despite losing their tranny and Tevez, have total beief that they will once again win the League. Their only reason for this belief is their trust of taggart and a confidence in a weakened squad based on what has happened in the past. Their consideration of why City must fail has more to do with "City never win anything" than any analysis of the present situation.

I constantly speak with city fans who have the reverse mentality. I can see no reason why we don't have as good a chance as any other team. I refuse to allow disappointments of previous years to taint my present thinking. The same way as I feel they are arrogant to think their recent history affects the reality of the present.
john68

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 am

john68 wrote:On a daily basis, I pick up rags who despite losing their tranny and Tevez, have total beief that they will once again win the League. Their only reason for this belief is their trust of taggart and a confidence in a weakened squad based on what has happened in the past. Their consideration of why City must fail has more to do with "City never win anything" than any analysis of the present situation.

I constantly speak with city fans who have the reverse mentality. I can see no reason why we don't have as good a chance as any other team. I refuse to allow disappointments of previous years to taint my present thinking. The same way as I feel they are arrogant to think their recent history affects the reality of the present.

We have to jump on this 'reverse mentality' thing now, before the new players catch the disease. Robbie & Hughes have been refering to it for quite a while & Robbie recons it's changed now so lets try & help it along by not being scared of expectations. It doesn't mean mouthing off, it just means being optimistic that we can do it. I think we can, doesn't mean we will but we most definitely can.

If we don't win these games then that doesn't mean we can't expect to win the following ones; that's what rags think & eventually it happens for them as it will for us. Positivity around the club spreads to the players, as does negativity. We're going to win the league. It's just a matter of when. Let's try & do it now, we've got the players to score against anybody & that's a bloody good start.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:41 am

Football is a theatre where the audience can actually change the events on the stage.
10 years ago, losing to Stoke at half time. The crowd came alive, cheered and chanted, got behingd the team. The whole energy of Maine Rd changed. The team were lifted. It was the moment when Joe Royle noted the "penny had dropped" and the season changed.
The Kop was worth a goal to L'Pool in the 60s. That is a weapon they seem to have discarded.
Summerbee noted that players "visibly wilted" when they had to play along the Kippax touchline.
In the piece by Henry Winter (posted by Ant), Stephen Ireland makes it clear that the City fans at Ewood Park fed the team with energy, on Sunday.

Our fans' mentality IS VERY IMPORTANT, It is crucial that we dump the previous years' emotional baggage and create a new positive vehicle on which to ride to future success.
Can we win the next 5 games?...YOU FUCKING BET WE CAN!!!!!
john68

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 am

john68 wrote:Football is a theatre where the audience can actually change the events on the stage.
10 years ago, losing to Stoke at half time. The crowd came alive, cheered and chanted, got behingd the team. The whole energy of Maine Rd changed. The team were lifted. It was the moment when Joe Royle noted the "penny had dropped" and the season changed.
The Kop was worth a goal to L'Pool in the 60s. That is a weapon they seem to have discarded.
Summerbee noted that players "visibly wilted" when they had to play along the Kippax touchline.
In the piece by Henry Winter (posted by Ant), Stephen Ireland makes it clear that the City fans at Ewood Park fed the team with energy, on Sunday.

Our fans' mentality IS VERY IMPORTANT, It is crucial that we dump the previous years' emotional baggage and create a new positive vehicle on which to ride to future success.
Can we win the next 5 games?...YOU FUCKING BET WE CAN!!!!!

Remember Allison talking about how our players had lost the game before going on the pitch when they played the rags & vowed that it wouldn't be the case ever again. That seemed to work out ok.

On paper our current squad has more of an advantage over the rags than Allison's did imo. The only difference is they've had much more time together. If we can put it together quickly they're screwed. So lets win the next 5.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby adebayor25 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 pm

id go for at least 10 out of a possible 15.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:32 pm

adebayor25 wrote:id go for at least 10 out of a possible 15.

Remembering that L'Pool only lost 2 games all last season, getting only a two thirds points return is not good enough to win us the League.
We must start to pressurise the others from the start.
john68

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:37 pm

john68 wrote:
adebayor25 wrote:id go for at least 10 out of a possible 15.

Remembering that L'Pool only lost 2 games all last season, getting only a two thirds points return is not good enough to win us the League.
We must start to pressurise the others from the start.

Yes, but with the win already in the bag that gives us 13/18.

Still not good enough really, but it's a start.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum