Legend

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Legend

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:03 am

[youtube]I7BuNzATQsw[/youtube]
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Legend

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:11 am

Do you reckon we'll see anyone this good again?

I always thought of him as once in a lifetime?

Maybe I have fonder memories than reality actually served but I still think he is twice the player that ive seen from anyone else, certainly throughout my three decades as a blue?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 am

sandman wrote:Do you reckon we'll see anyone this good again?

Maybe I have fonder memories than reality actually served but I still think he is twice the player that ive seen from anyone else, certainly throughout my three decades as a blue?

I think he stood out even more mate because of the shite he had to play with (Rosler and Quinn aside.) But imo Robinho is a more talented and more effective player than Kinkladze.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:

I think he stood out even more mate because of the shite he had to play with (Rosler and Quinn aside.) But imo Robinho is a more talented and more effective player than Kinkladze.

I am starting to worry about Robinho, he has started losing the ball a lot and seems to back off to easily in one on ones, Kinky would always take on the man and 9 times of 10 he'd come out of the otherside with a shot / a cross.

Though Robinho's footwork is immense!!
sandman

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:06 am

sandman wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

I am starting to worry about Robinho, he has started losing the ball a lot and seems to back off to easily in one on ones, Kinky would always take on the man and 9 times of 10 he'd come out of the otherside with a shot / a cross.

I think Robinho's fantastic but I don't think he's even close to Kinkladze. There's no aspect of the game that Robinho can do as well as Kinky apart from he's a little bit less greedy! Kinky would pass to the kind of players we've got now though rather than the old pros & donkeys he was playing with then. We also ruined him by giving him too much of his own way at a young age, so he expected it at other clubs when he left. Under the present manager he'd be as good or better player than Messi imo (an opinion shared by 1 or 2 diehard rags I know!).
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby branny » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 am

sandman wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

Wait til we've had a home game before you start worrying.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 am

branny wrote:
sandman wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

Wait til we've had a home game before you start worrying.

Fair comment, he did have those ankle problems, I know from when I used to play rugby I always backed off to avoid risking my dodgy shoulder, hopefully the summer rest will have done him good.
sandman

Return to The Maine Football forum