The goal that never was....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The goal that never was....

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:48 pm

this happened at coventry in the late 70's and, guess what, it was palace again. i was at the match at the opposite end of the ground when clive allen blasted one in from a 25 yard free kick. it hit the stantion and came out. everyone and i mean everyone except the ref could see it was a goal, even from the opposite end. the players reactions gave most of it away. palace lost 3-2 as well.

that one yesterday was much worse, imho.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:08 pm

What ever the rights and wrongs about Warnack, the Bristol City players shoul've gifted Palace a goal to make up for it. The integrety of the game is more important than any other issues. You play hard, you play fair.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:What ever the rights and wrongs about Warnack, the Bristol City players shoul've gifted Palace a goal to make up for it. The integrety of the game is more important than any other issues. You play hard, you play fair.

I agree with you on this.It was done quite recently but i cant remember the teams involved apart from it might be Chesterfield or Carlisle who where one of the teams involved.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Oooh Vonky Vonky » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 am

ON a slightly different point.....................what is the difference of a side claiming a goal when we really know the whole ball did not cross the line ?

Is it not the same thing ?

I remember City vs Liverpool and David White 'scoring' one that never crossed the line for a late winner............I took it and have never felt guilty about it since...........thems the breaks in sport.
Oooh Vonky Vonky
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Chinners » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:38 am

Terrible decision but apart from Baconface I couldn't think of another manager I'd more like it to happen to.

I really hope Tevez plays in the cup match against Palace and scores . . . we can have a right laugh at Warnock if it does
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 am

gillie wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:What ever the rights and wrongs about Warnack, the Bristol City players shoul've gifted Palace a goal to make up for it. The integrety of the game is more important than any other issues. You play hard, you play fair.

I agree with you on this.It was done quite recently but i cant remember the teams involved apart from it might be Chesterfield or Carlisle who where one of the teams involved.

The Bristol City manager said yesterday that he would have let them score a free goal, as he has done in the past, but was told by the referee and 4th official at the time that it was not allowed because of a foul.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum