The goal that never was....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The goal that never was....

Postby xavi6 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:17 am

Check this out from the Crystal Palace game yesterday -

[youtube]ywdYMsYfJg0[/youtube]
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Re: The goal that never was....

Postby HeyMark » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 am

Read about this on teletext earlier, that is shocking! Further proof that video replays are needed, or even the proposed extra official on the line
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 am

Worse than the phantom goal last season, shocking.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:34 am

I saw this on SSN - Warnock was fuming on the touchline, I thought he was going to lamp someone.
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:07 am

I really don't understand why the football authorities are so reticent to embrace new technologies in order to progress the game. I don't understand why the football authorities are so reticent to instigate solutions to obvious problems.
If this lot had been in charge of our game, we would still be using rope crossbars.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Curlie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 am

Oops!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Leedsblue » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 am

Yes, but it upset Warnock so not all bad
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 am

Curlie wrote:Oops!

To say the least. Appalling decision. Its not good enough at any level, let alone a professional Championship game.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 am

john68 wrote: we would still be using rope crossbars.

They were the days!

Seriously though, how could they possibly not see that went in?? What did they think it bounced off to come shooting back out like that?? It really does beggar belief how inept some of these officials are. Goals are what football is about and they should introduce some sort of technology to stop clangers like this.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 am

You can't really use that as an excuse for campaign for introduction of new technology. If referee and linesman really miss that thenthey ought to get their ref lisences revoked.

Personally I like the game as it is and I am very much anti-change of rules and/or introduction of modern technology. Football is one of the last places in the world where there's still room for human mistakes and I like it. Soon it will be just bunch of robots kicking the ball. What would we discuss about then?
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:46 am

Maybe not technology then NQDP, just a refferral to a 4th official to say whether it's gone in or not. It would take seconds and the correct conclusion would be arrived at.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby mr fu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 am

john68 wrote:I really don't understand why the football authorities are so reticent to embrace new technologies in order to progress the game. I don't understand why the football authorities are so reticent to instigate solutions to obvious problems.
If this lot had been in charge of our game, we would still be using rope crossbars.

They won't introduce rules/technologies that can't be used at grass roots level. Premier League Football and pub football are governed by the same rules and regs apparently!?!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 am

Fish111 wrote:Maybe not technology then NQDP, just a refferral to a 4th official to say whether it's gone in or not. It would take seconds and the correct conclusion would be arrived at.

I'd consider it but I fear it will lead to videos being examined for every off side and freekick and corner and penalty. Soon we will be looking at four hour stop start games with clock stopped the same way as in American football.

But I know I'm in minority here among football supporters and majority want new technology to be introduced.

mr fu wrote:
They won't introduce rules/technologies that can't be used at grass roots level. Premier League Football and pub football are governed by the same rules and regs apparently!?!

That's actually very important for me. I like the fact that whether you play in sunday league, in pub league or in Premier League, in desert, in North Pole or in City of Manchester Stadium, the game is essentially the same.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:59 am

I find it incredible that the opposition did not inform the referee that it was a goal.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 am

christ hope that doen't happen to us, imagine if palace lose out on promotion by a point
i also find it disgusting none of the bristol city players or management said anything to the ref cheating twats
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:51 am

That was simply unbelieveable, I cannot believe that on Youreonskysports yesterday that they were questioning whether or not the need for "goal line technology" should be introduced, WTF....who the hell needs technical stuff to determine if that crossed the line or not, only 4 blind pricks couldn't spot that had crossed the line, it wasn't even close, it actually HIT THE BACK OF THE GOAL....cannot really get any clearer than that, I am glad that ref wasn't at City's game yesterday or else our game would have ended 0-0, and I wouldn't be as happy as I am this fine sunny morning.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:55 am

HeyMark wrote:Read about this on teletext earlier, that is shocking! Further proof that video replays are needed, or even the proposed extra official on the line

Mark, surely your not being serious and actually believe that video replays or an extra official should be required to see if THAT had crossed the line?, it actually HIT the back of the net, there can be no excuse for the FOUR officials to not see that, I usually dispise Warnock, but I have to say I agree with him fuming at them here, it wasn't even a close call, it was that obvious, the Palace fan who flew to the moon even jumped up in celebration.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:01 am

If it had happened to anyone else other than Warnock then I might have felt sorry for them, as it is, I think every goal that Palace ever score should be disallowed until that twat resigns and leaves football forever.

Can't believe Warnock had the fucking gall to complain about lack of sportsmanship from Bristol City, this coming from the same manager who ordered his players to get sent off and feign injury to get a game abandoned. He's a cunt of the highest order.

As for the Bristol City players telling the ref it's a goal, why the fuck should they? It's not their job to tell the referee if the balls over the line or not. If a defender gets away with a foul on a striker you wouldn't expect them to pull the ref to one side and go 'actually I did foul him there if you want to send me off and give them a penalty'.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 am

dazlebluefrog wrote:christ hope that doen't happen to us, imagine if palace lose out on promotion by a point
i also find it disgusting none of the bristol city players or management said anything to the ref cheating twats

Exactly what I thought.

The ref only had to look at the player's reactions to determine what had happened.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 am

Never ever thought I'd feel sorry for Warnock but that was an appalling error by all of the match officials and I have to agree with him about the Bristol City players and officials. They must have known what the fallout would be after the game from the tv pics and the right thing to do would've been to either tell the ref it was a goal, or to let Palace walk through and score an equaliser

At least it's taken the heat off Moyes slightly !
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum