Hughes in for 5m 15 year old

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hughes in for 5m 15 year old

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 am

Like the look of this! Especially the last sentence.

Boss wants £5m 15-year-old

Published Date: 16 August 2009
Manchester City boss Mark Hughes wants to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Tobias Figueredo, who has yet to make his debut.
City recently secured first option on the player, rated one of the hottest prospects in Portugal, according to the News of the World.

At the same time, they gave the go-ahead for Sporting to take Ecuador striker Felipe Caicedo on a season-long loan.

City had scouts watch Figueredo during last term, as he completed his first full season in Sporting's junior team.

He is expected to make his first-team debut next year and can move to City next summer, with Caicedo likely to remain in Lisbon.

Figueredo said: "This is big news for me."

City have privately admitted that their initial period of lavish spending will give way to a policy of recruiting the world's elite talent between the ages of 16 and 20.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Hughes in for 5m 15 year old

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:42 am

Good to see we are spearheading the big clubs trying to sign top U16 talent as this was always where UEFA's "clever" homgrown rule would lead top clubs.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Hughes in for 5m 15 year old

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:46 am

As well as this fella, (if we are taking the future gems approach) we should also IMO be looking to recruit the likes of Mesmut Ozil, Douglas Costa, Neymar and Javi Martinez to name a few.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Return to The Maine Football forum