How The Club Has Changed - Mail Article

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How The Club Has Changed - Mail Article

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:31 pm

dazby wrote:
Slim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:cheers kk, i missed this one when it was first postedand thought that it was an excellent read.
robinho seems quite down to earth (if you ignore his 30 goal this season comment), and hughes does come across as very professional.

That Robbie though, he believes he can score 30, win everything, we NEED players like this changing the attitude of the club, rather than our usual "typical city" player attitude that gave us such inconsistent results. Time to step out of the shadow of the swamp and his attitude is the way out.

Last season Slim you were having a go at myself and other posters when I was saying that I believe that Leslies best work last season was off the pitch. This article validates my opinion.

a) You spout so much crap it's hard to remember.
b) We got a manager to get results on the pitch, not off.
c) He moans about a pipe, goes away for hols, comes back and the entire training ground is fixed...Clueless big concern? The pipe is gone now. Big picture? SU-FUCKING-PERB.
d) I credit the changes to the facilities to those writing the cheques, Hughes may have moaned about this or that, but he wasn't the one fixing it and he wasn't the one paying for it, how you manage to give him credit here is astounding.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 am

Slim wrote:a) You spout so much crap it's hard to remember.
b) We got a manager to get results on the pitch, not off.
c) He moans about a pipe, goes away for hols, comes back and the entire training ground is fixed...Clueless big concern? The pipe is gone now. Big picture? SU-FUCKING-PERB.
d) I credit the changes to the facilities to those writing the cheques, Hughes may have moaned about this or that, but he wasn't the one fixing it and he wasn't the one paying for it, how you manage to give him credit here is astounding.

From the owners' point of view I think it more than possible that they consulted the manager about what his ideal training environment would be. After all you don't have a dog and shit on the carpet yourself.

If the facilities are as good as anyone's by the end of this improvment, I would give some credit to everyone who has contributed to their development. Whether I like the manager or not, I can't believe he has not made any kind of contribution to this at all, seeing as it is basically his shop floor.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:03 am

You are right he did make a contribution. He said he couldn't take new signings to the training facility, he complained about a pipe.

You want to look at credit, Cook saw a fan soaked to the bone getting a ticket, the next week an awning was in place to keep people in line out of the rain. I doubt Cook was out there with a rivet gun, but you just know he got someone to handle it and get it done.

Hughes saw an exposed pipe, did he get someone on it? No, in fact his next contribution after complaining about it was oh look, the pipe is gone. I'd be more inclined to believe that Cook was the driving force behind the training overhaul than Hughes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 am

Has anyone heard any more about the mooted building of a new mega office and training complex on the site of Clayton Aniline?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 am

am i the only one who read this and thought, THANK FUCK THEY DIDNT GET THEIR OWN WAY!!!

City’s previous owners, who were from Thailand, had wanted to incorporate the odd elephant into the club badge.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 am

irblinx wrote:Has anyone heard any more about the mooted building of a new mega office and training complex on the site of Clayton Aniline?

is that at Eastlands?

if so, from what i know that is very much true
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 am

london blue 2 wrote:am i the only one who read this and thought, THANK FUCK THEY DIDNT GET THEIR OWN WAY!!!

City’s previous owners, who were from Thailand, had wanted to incorporate the odd elephant into the club badge.

Hasn't Coventrys badge got twin Elephants in it?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:am i the only one who read this and thought, THANK FUCK THEY DIDNT GET THEIR OWN WAY!!!

I don't think they're twins, just closely related.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beeks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

*Hi Hat* BA-DUM
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

*Hi Hat* BA-DUM

I thank you!
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Slim wrote:You are right he did make a contribution. He said he couldn't take new signings to the training facility, he complained about a pipe.

You want to look at credit, Cook saw a fan soaked to the bone getting a ticket, the next week an awning was in place to keep people in line out of the rain. I doubt Cook was out there with a rivet gun, but you just know he got someone to handle it and get it done.

Hughes saw an exposed pipe, did he get someone on it? No, in fact his next contribution after complaining about it was oh look, the pipe is gone. I'd be more inclined to believe that Cook was the driving force behind the training overhaul than Hughes.

I am inclined to believe that you (and you are not alone in this by a long, long way) are simply dead set against giving a certain man any credit for anything ever. Or that you are on a wind-up, of course.

Who is more likely to be the owners' choice to oversee the development of new training facilities?

Is it:

A) Garry Cook, who does a bit of marketing and makes stupid fucking statements about stopping promotion and relegation, embarrassing us all in the media with his lack of any clue whatsoever about what the fucking hell football is;

or is it:

B) Mark Hughes, who played football at the highest level for the filth, Barcelona, Chelsea and Bayern and won a variety of titles, cups and European competitions, plus has managed two teams to the top half of the top league in Europe and nearly took one of the shittest teams in European football to a major finals.

Answers on a postcard to:

Laa-laa-laa-I'm-not-listening
Perth
WA
'Stralia
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum