Matchday Soondai

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Matchday Soondai

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:12 pm

I think its a little too early to start reading season fortunes just yet, unless you have a crystal ball and set of tarot's on hand.

Arsenal aside, the Sky4 looked very sluggish and it was really the "win even when you're crap" mentality that saw Chelsea and the Filth through, I suspect had they faced Tottenham today and played the same, they would have ended up in the losing column as well.

Aston Villa is a shock, because Wigan are a god awful side and O'Neill should have prepared better for their style of play which was zero surprises on what they usually turn out. (Rodellega's goal was a blinder though)

I think Everton are focused elsewhere at the moment and if a tug of war is coming between Moyes and Wright, they could be in for more of the same. They will in the middle there, hammer someone out of the blue and let's hope it isn't us, cause they really have every reason to now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Slim wrote:I think its a little too early to start reading season fortunes just yet, unless you have a crystal ball and set of tarot's on hand.

Arsenal aside, the Sky4 looked very sluggish and it was really the "win even when you're crap" mentality that saw Chelsea and the Filth through, I suspect had they faced Tottenham today and played the same, they would have ended up in the losing column as well.

Aston Villa is a shock, because Wigan are a god awful side and O'Neill should have prepared better for their style of play which was zero surprises on what they usually turn out. (Rodellega's goal was a blinder though)

I think Everton are focused elsewhere at the moment and if a tug of war is coming between Moyes and Wright, they could be in for more of the same. They will in the middle there, hammer someone out of the blue and let's hope it isn't us, cause they really have every reason to now.

Good post Slim.
Its good to see 3 of the top 4 playin shite in the 1st match but would make sense to judge after at least 10 games.
I read the Tarot fairly well..Not tried them on footie games though :-)
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Slim wrote:I think its a little too early to start reading season fortunes just yet, unless you have a crystal ball and set of tarot's on hand.

Be surprised & disappointed if Wigan play shite football this season as Martinez has taken over from Theliphant & he's a football purist.

Good thing about scousers losing imo is that they can't survive without Chumps Lg so will be under immense pressure straight away if us & Spuds start well. Full scale scouse whinging panic is just 1 more bad result away.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:14 pm

hahahahha scouse1 lost. hahahaha. Shame it was to the spuds. hahaha
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City