barcalona beach party

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

barcalona beach party

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Mods - sticky please!

cambridge blue and Patrick went to Barceloneta beach today to sort out the venue... we've booked a beach bar called "Chinringuito Goa" which for one day only will be renamed "Chinringuito Goal" in our honour. They are putting on extra staff and will be doing some drinks deals for us so me and Patrick have had to put a deposit down so please, please, please do spread the word because if nobody turns up we'll both be majorly out of pocket.

The event is scheduled to kick off at around 3pm (local time) and we imagine that people will start heading off to the Camp Nou at around half seven or eight.

The bar itself is easy to find and is right on the beach... To get there head out of Barceloneta Metro and cross the road towards Passeig de Joan de Borbó. You will pass a spar supermarket on your left hand side. The bar is not the one straight in front of you but is the first on the left about ten meters or so down.

Directions from Barceloneta Metro station are here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=h&z=15

Or for a zoomed in satelllite view that points directly to it follow this link.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 9&t=h&z=19

We've got a five piece band set up, at no cost to you but we would welcome any donations from people who are attending (a euro or two) to help us cover our costs. Patrick and the band will be performing selections from his forthcoming album of City songs which will be available to buy on cd and will also be on Itunes shortly.

I know it probably doesn't need saying but please, please remember that we are guests in their country and ambassadors of our club. There will probably be media from both Spain and England there so by all means have a good time but be mindful not to cause trouble and not to sully the good name of our club by singing m**ich songs. Never forget that one of our own died in that tragedy... and one of the heroes of 1966 was lucky to survive.

For those of you who don't know your history Ex City keeper Frank Swift was one of the eight journalists who were killed in the crash. Frank made 376 appearences for the club which included a staggering run of more than 200 consecutive matches. Frank was a key part of the 1934 FA cup winning side and the 1936-7 league cup winning team.

N.B. For those arriving on Tuesday night there will be an informal meet up at the appropriately named "Manchester Bar" which is located on Carrer Milans, Barri Gotic - just off Placa Catalunya. Basically if you look down the road towards Las Ramblas from Placa Catalunya it's a block or two on the right.

just had a look on b/m and some lads have got a beech party going on, hope some of you can make it, i think that the lads are from the bluemoon forum, i carnt make it, damm
Last edited by CITYSTEVEDON on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: barcalona beach party

Postby mr_nool » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 pm

nice initiative. hope it won't set you and Patrick too much in thee red.

If I were in Barcelona, I'd certainly come.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:40 pm

See you all there - looking forward to it
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Every now and again someone tries to preach about the munich disaster and invariably uses the line, "one of our own died in the tragedy". I find anyone preaching to me about the history of our club extremely patronising and insulting and quite frankly I would now sing those "naughty" songs just because of that. Unfortunately I won't make it to Barcelona so this becomes a non-issue, but I hope this insight reminds you steve that no-one around here is a child(cept maybe lewis) and probably doesn't appreciate being talked down to like one.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Slim wrote:Every now and again someone tries to preach about the munich disaster and invariably uses the line, "one of our own died in the tragedy". I find anyone preaching to me about the history of our club extremely patronising and insulting and quite frankly I would now sing those "naughty" songs just because of that. Unfortunately I won't make it to Barcelona so this becomes a non-issue, but I hope this insight reminds you steve that no-one around here is a child(cept maybe lewis) and probably doesn't appreciate being talked down to like one.

if you read the post, it was a couple of lads from the bluemoon forum who are doing this, and good luck to them for getting this party up and running. and they dont want the bbc north west there and city fans chanting munich songs,
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Svensational wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
Slim wrote:Every now and again someone tries to preach about the munich disaster and invariably uses the line, "one of our own died in the tragedy". I find anyone preaching to me about the history of our club extremely patronising and insulting and quite frankly I would now sing those "naughty" songs just because of that. Unfortunately I won't make it to Barcelona so this becomes a non-issue, but I hope this insight reminds you steve that no-one around here is a child(cept maybe lewis) and probably doesn't appreciate being talked down to like one.

if you read the post, it was a couple of lads from the bluemoon forum who are doing this, and good luck to them for getting this party up and running. and they dont want the bbc north west there and city fans chanting munich songs,

Where does it say in the post that its lads off bluemoon? If I would've seen that I wouldn't of carried on reading...

NOW it does.

So not our Patrick then?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Svensational wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:

Where does it say in the post that its lads off bluemoon? If I would've seen that I wouldn't of carried on reading...

just had a look on b/m and some lads have got a beech party going on, hope some of you can make it, i think that the lads are from the bluemoon forum, i carnt make it, damm

THATS WHERE IT SAYS
Carlo Nash's Debut
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gazmancity » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

SLIGHTY off topic just looking at booking tickets for the game now through the barcelona site! where are all the city fans based, wanna try get in with the crowd but if not within the vacinity! going mtrw - thursday see you all down the beach, gonna be messy!
gazmancity
Negouai's Red Cards

Return to The Maine Football forum