2009/10 Season Diary Entry Number 1: Blackburn Away

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2009/10 Season Diary Entry Number 1: Blackburn Away

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:43 pm

Gillie get your finger out...
Original Dub

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah come on Gilbert. You give all the hype, but it's empty promises.
I gave you enough ideas on Saturday for you to be thoroughly entertaining.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 pm

2009/10 SEASON DIARY ENTRY NUMBER 2: Wolves Home 22 August 2009.

I got to the stadium at 11am glorius sunshine and already loads of blues milling around.I called in the Citystore to have a look at the new away shirts fully intending to buy one but i changed my mind and decided to wait till Christmas so i can get the wife to get it for me as a prezzie off the kids.

So i take a stroll round the ground and i was surprised at how many people were waiting behind the barriers outside the main entrance at 11.10 am waiting to see the players arrive there were probably about 40 in total.So i sat down and had a fag just to kill some time before heading off to the Townley for the MCF.net meet up.

When i get to the Townley at 11.25 am the pub was still shut and nobody was about so i sat at one of the bench tables and waited for the pub to open.As i sat at the table a taxi drew up and 2 guys in the new awary shirt alighted and they came over and sat opposite me on the next table i said alright to them and realised from them answering me that they were both Irish.So i asked if they posted on this site one said i do but my mate is a lurker.The one that posts turned out to be Original Dub and his mate Paul the lurker.The pub opened about 11.45 and we got the beers in.

During the next couple of hours more people of the site turned up at the Townley all the regulars and quite a few i had not previously met Manxblue, Bear60,Lythamblue,Onecapwhitey and his lad Blueboylewis and more who for some reason i cant remember.Piccs turned up about 2ish and we left for the game about ten to three.

We got in the stadium just before kick off and the place seemed rammed.The match started and the team seemed in total control from the off.We were playing some quality stuff and on 17 mins we got our breakthrough a superb through ball by Tevez from just outside the area set Adebayor up for his second goal in two starts as he hit a cracking low drive into the bottom corner of the Wolves net.The crowd went wild and i think we all believed we would score 4 or 5 with some of the class football we were producing.More chances followed Robbie hitting a rasping shot from a tight angle that Hennesey the Wolves keeper did well to push round his post and Tevez should have scored after being put through by Barry.The scoreline at half time was 1-0 but could have been 4-0 our only alarm in the first half was a great shot from Wolves midfielder Henry which Given saved brilliantly.

The second half started much as the first with City well on top and we kept squandering our chances how Stevie missed his only he will know.As the half wore on Wolves got more into the game and i think the crowd sensed this as the atmosphere went very quiet and the visitors almost grabbed a point late on when Keogh cracked a fierce shot against Citys bar with Given totally beaten.at the final whistle i breathed a sigh of relief but iwas far from happy that we seemed to lack a killer instinct in front of goal today.

........................Given........................................

...Richards....Toure.......Dunne(capt).......Bridge...........

...SWP......Ireland........Barry................Robinho.......

..............Tevez.............Adebayor.........................

Subs.
De-Jong(85mins).
Bellamy(73mins).
Zabeleta.
Onuoha.
Petrov.
Weiss.
Taylor.

Attendance 47,287.

Went back to the Townley for more beer and a disscussion about the game at which point i got called a moaning bastard by Piccs coz i was not overjoyed by the game.Left the Townley to go to the Brittania hotel in town with Original Dub and Paul the Lurker and what do i do well i was very drunk and i ends calling Peter Barnes Gary Owen.I sat next to him waffling away kept calling him Gary and he never said a word until i got up to leavewhen he said its Peter btw.What a grade a twat i felt.The moral is dont get 2 pissed as you never which Legend you may meet.

Gillie(Michael).
P.S. Sorry its taken so long but my old memory does not work very well when i have had a skinful.Now who wants to do Palace match.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

So with no one doing the entries for Palace or Portsmouth the diary idea is dead i guess a shame imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Was a good idea gillie, shame about that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 pm

Slim wrote:Was a good idea gillie, shame about that.

In hindsight it should have been made sticky i suppose.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:15 am

Is a great idea and must be someone of here who went pompey who could do a belated one, would be great to look back on all these in may (hopefully)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Is a great idea and must be someone of here who went pompey who could do a belated one, would be great to look back on all these in may (hopefully)

I wonder if Kippax would do the Pompey one as he is bound to have been there?.Also would the mods consider making this thread sticky and who wants to do the Arsenal game.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum