Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester City are set to make a renewed £20m cash-plus-players offer to Everton in an attempt to finally land defender Joleon Lescott. The Sun

Jamie Redknapp's weekend watch: Everton should let Joleon Lescott leave
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0OQBp7Mke

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has told Manchester United and Chelsea to forget about signing him after pledging his future to the German club. The Sun

Liverpool are considering a bid for Bilbao's £10m-rated central defender Fernando Amorebieta. The Sun

The Reds have also enquired about Dynamo Kiev central defender Pape Diakhate and have been quoted a price of £7m. Daily Mail

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is ready to hand in a transfer request in order to force through a move to Everton. The Sun

Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is hoping to join Newcastle if Taylor leaves St James' Park.
Daily Mail

Stoke have agreed a £5m fee with West Ham for central defender James Collins.
The Sun

The Potters will also increase their £2.5m offer for Middlesbrough defender Robert Huth.
The Daily Mail

Manchester United could beat Liverpool and Everton to the signing of Stoke centre-back Ryan Shawcross.
Daily Mail

Portsmouth are chasing Amajita's South African striker Dino Ndlovu.
The Sun
Hull hope to complete the £12m signing of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo in the next 24 hours. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are interested in Manchester City winger Martin Petrov as well as Sunderland's Kieran Richardson. (Daily Mail)

Spurs, meanwhile, have denied making a £10m bid for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown.
Full story: Daily Mail
Burnley will look to tie up a deal for Manchester United right-back Richard Eckersley before the two sides meet on Wednesday. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Arab businessman Soulaiman Al Fahim's takeover of Portsmouth is in danger of collapsing. (Daily Mirror)

Norwich City want Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins to be their next manager following the sacking of Bryan Gunn. (Daily Mirror)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... -gregoraci

AND FINALLY
Manchester City's Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has offered Oasis stars Liam and Noel Gallagher free Latin dance classes in exchange for a music masterclass for his band Piola Vago.
Daily Mirror The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 am

interesting about taylor - I take it Everton have made an offer that Newcastle rejected then? Could it be they aren't taking no for an answer by any chance? Disgusting.
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 am

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is ready to hand in a transfer request in order to force through a move to Everton. The Sun

Damn you wooders, i was gonna post the same thing. It's disgusting conduct from Moyes.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 am

Arab businessman Soulaiman Al Fahim's takeover of Portsmouth is in danger of collapsing. (Daily Mirror)

Gotta love it no?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:39 am

Vhero wrote:

Gotta love it no?

I have a bunch of hate reserved for those drum bashing inbreds, sinking ships have a total of 12 rats already left.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:40 am

Slim wrote:

Damn you wooders, i was gonna post the same thing. It's disgusting conduct from Moyes.

Yeah I know....I wonder how Taylor knows that Everton are interested

I've certainly heard nothing from Newcastle that they have turned down any bids from Everton

I'm sure he's not had "his head turned" by an unofficial approach from Merseyside. That would be destabilising for Newcastle as they get their critical season underway. That would be disgusting. I'm glad that Davey Moyes is above that kind of disgraceful conduct. Actually maybe it was another club official....oh no, sorry, I forgot "he's in charge of transfers at Everton" so it must be him then the beady eyed hyprocritical twat
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby City1970 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:41 am

Slim wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Gotta love it no?

I have a bunch of hate reserved for those drum bashing inbreds, sinking ships have a total of 12 rats already left.

Lovely. You can have my hate for the dog shit city, pompey fat knackers too.
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am

ant london wrote:
Slim wrote:

Yeah I know....I wonder how Taylor knows that Everton are interested

I've certainly heard nothing from Newcastle that they have turned down any bids from Everton

I'm sure he's not had "his head turned" by an unofficial approach from Merseyside. That would be destabilising for Newcastle as they get their critical season underway. That would be disgusting. I'm glad that Davey Moyes is above that kind of disgraceful conduct. Actually maybe it was another club official....oh no, sorry, I forgot "he's in charge of transfers at Everton" so it must be him then the beady eyed hyprocritical twat

Yeah and I am sure we are not a million miles away from questionable behaviour here, but at least we're not claiming some moral highground. Moyes is a dirty shite who claims the sun shines out his Gollum hole.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 am

Somehow I recon if Tevez' band go to Oasis for music lessons it'll end up the other way 'round. Or there'll be some of the slowest, straightest, ploddiest, unsexiest latin music of all time written in the near future.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 am

Agreed, we've obviously been up to some behind the scenes shenanigans to sound JL out but I'm pretty sure that is a fact of life in football transferland

BUT we've offered them more than a fair price, then an OTT price and will ultimately pay pretty much way over the odds (esp when one considers the 12 million we paid for Gareth Barry....who, one year of contract left or not, is a far superior talent) to land Lescott. We kept the whole thing behind closed doors....and had they conducted themselves properly (ie. not denying a player who wants to leave his wish and then compounding that stupidity by forcing him to play at the weekend when he'd asked to be left out...effectively shooting themselves in the foot) I'd say they would have ended up with a few million more than we'll now end up getting him for.

Idiots
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby david yearsley » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:32 am

I think we´d be better going for Shawcross - for me the best young out and out defender available and we need a no-nonsense brave type of player - don´t know if he´s left footed though - could be a drawback
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 am

That's a very good shout, honestly I think all this focus on Lescott has blinded us, he's not the messiah!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:48 am

Wonder what Noel and Liam's reply will be?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 am

Lescott's no Dave Watson but I'm sure he'll do a very good job for us once he settles in & also he'll make us much more dangerous at attacking corners, alongside RSC. That in itself is quite an asset. Without good corners, Everton are bottom 6 & teams like the rags, Chelsea often get the 1st game-opening goal from a corner/set piece; Lescott causes a lot of problems scoring or upsetting defenders. It's something we need to do if we're to compete with the top teams.

I worry though if we let Dunne go & these blokes don't click straight away, we have nothing to fall back on & the season could be wasted whilst they get their act together.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 am

john@staustell wrote:Wonder what Noel and Liam's reply will be?

Different to what it would've been six months ago!
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am

If Petrov is going to throw his toys out of the pram and cannot be bothered to stay and fight for a place, then City should move him on, De Jong told it like it was yesterday in the press, when he said that all members of the squad will be needed at times throughout the season, and he will be ready for when he is required, and will try to force the manager to select him more through good performances and make it hard to leave him out.

However, with Petrov, great player though I think he is, if he wants off, then get shut of him, we don't want or need any bad eggs in the dressing room, thinking of themselves first before the club, this is a team game, and they (ALL of the players) should act as a team and a group that are together in battle....but Petrov should NOT BE SOLD to another English side, tell Spuds or anyone else to fuck off when they come calling, by all means let him go if he so desperately wants, but not to a club in this country and certainly not to that bent tw*t Redknapp at the Yids.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:05 am

Petrov should not be allowed to move to Spuds or any other English prem team for that matter, if he doesn't want to be part of the team, and isn't as committed as the likes of de Jong and a vast many others are, even if they don't play on game 1 of the season, then get rid of him, we don't want or need any players who think and put themselves before the club and the clubs needs.

DO NOT SELL to a English side, abroad in Spain, Italy, Germany etc, yes, but the UK tell him and his "suitors" to do one on that idea.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 am

Didn't you just make that point in your previos post?
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby adebayor25 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 pm

that wag is mighty fine ;) talk about with him for the money though.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

adebayor25 wrote:that wag is mighty fine ;) talk about with him for the money though.

Exactly what I was thinking, she's a stunner though
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum