city fan in critical condition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

city fan in critical condition

Postby adebayor25 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 pm

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... e/?ref=rss

Manchester City fan critical after M61 crash on way to Blackburn Rovers game

1:12pm Monday 17th August 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »

A football fan is in a critical condition and two others are in hospital after a serious road smash brought traffic to a halt on the M61 near Chorley.

A Ford Focus estate careered out of control on the northbound carriageway, two miles from Bolton West Services, at around 10.30am on Saturday, police said.

The car rolled over several times on the embankment before coming to a rest in lane one of the motorway.

The three Manchester City fans were travelling to their team’s game against Blackburn Rovers, at Ewood Park, Blackburn.

Two passengers, both men, aged 32, were thrown from the car as it turned over.

The driver got out of the vehicle after it stopped moving and was said to be walking around “dazed”.

Firefighters from Horwich were first on the scene and found the driver and his two passengers close to the car.

Crew commander Craig Lunt said: “Members of the public stopped to help and managed to help calm one casualty who was suffering from a head injury. They did a good job. A doctor who was passing also stopped to provide assistance.”

One of the passengers, who was last night still in a critical condition, was airlifted to the Royal Preston Hospital and the other two men were also later taken to the same hospital by ambulance.

The incident caused severe traffic delays in both directions.

Police closed the northbound carriageway and later closed southbound lanes for a short time to allow the North West air ambulance to land. Northbound lanes were reopened at around 1pm.

One driver said: “There were about half a dozen police cars and several ambulances. It looked like a very bad accident.

“We were stuck for around two hours.”

An investigation is now underway into the cause of the accident and police are appealing for witnesses.

Anyone with information should call Lancashire Police on 08451 25 35 45.

hope he's alryt, and speedy recovery.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: city fan in critical condition

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 pm

We got caught in the traffic on the M61 - heard the reports that 3 people had been airlifted to hospital but didn't know it was City fans. Sounds like a real bad crash by all accounts to. :-(
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

hope they are all ok.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Hope they get well.

Seatbelts would've been usefull again though.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Hope they get well.

Sometimes not actually....my old man was involved in a really bad smash when I was a kid (similar sounding to this, high speed, car rolled down an embankment). His friend was wearing his belt and was crushed to death inside the car....my dad wasn't and was thrown out as the car tumbled....he survived. Sounds like the two thrown clear in this case may have been fortunate

In any event, hope everyone recovers
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:44 pm

ant london wrote:

Sometimes not actually....my old man was involved in a really bad smash when I was a kid (similar sounding to this, high speed, car rolled down an embankment). His friend was wearing his belt and was crushed to death inside the car....my dad wasn't and was thrown out as the car tumbled....he survived. Sounds like the two thrown clear in this case may have been fortunate

That happened to my cousins,the police actually said if they were wearing their seatbelts their legs would have been crushed and amputated but because they werent wearing belts their reactions moved their body and legs into a safer position.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby miss-mancity » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
ant london wrote:

That happened to my cousins,the police actually said if they were wearing their seatbelts their legs would have been crushed and amputated but because they werent wearing belts their reactions moved their body and legs into a safer position.

It can go both way...
I lost one second cousin not useing the seatbelt & my other second cousin survived not useing the belt...
:-/.
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 am

Well yes, there are exceptions to rule. Like some people have suffered severe neck injuries or damage to their hearing because of airbags. But overall I prefer to use seatbelts and have loads of airbags in the car. And I hope other Blues do as well. Rags on the other hand.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum