What's His Problem FFS???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What's His Problem FFS???

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm

I know it's The Sun and i shouldn't get wound up over it but it's starting to really piss me off, not a single bit of credit from Antony Kastrinakis - What a cock straight from the off:

MARK HUGHES is right when he says people want him and his Arab paymasters to fail.
But the Manchester City boss should look at himself in the mirror and ask some really hard questions.
His own behaviour in the Joleon Lescott saga explains why City have so far failed to capture the nation's imagination.
If City had built NOT bought a side they could easily have become the country's favourite second team.
Everybody loves an underdog. City are many things these days but underdogs they are not.
Despite Emmanuel Adebayor's quickfire opener, City won a game they could easily have lost more thanks to chance than Hughes' design. His team were caught flat-footed too often at the back by route-one football. They got away with it thanks to classy Shay Given and Rovers' wayward finishing.
Benni McCarthy and Jason Roberts had a string of chances, particularly in the first half.
Sparky will get the sack unless the Arab plaything gets a Champions League berth. Obscene spending brings excessive pressure.
Robinho, Adebayor, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Craig Bellamy running at break-neck speed on the break are an awesome sight and City should already be considered among the title contenders.
The big question is can Hughes make them gel and keep everybody happy in a dressing room full of prima donnas? The way he greeted Robinho almost apologetically when the Brazilian was subbed suggests the Welshman knows that Blackburn stopped Robinho and City by not allowing them the space to explode into action. The fighting spirit of Keith Andrews and debutant Steven Nzonzi gave the run of the midfield to Blackburn. Sam Allardyce's side dominated the first half after Adebayor's early opener. Yet the visitors should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck after that boost from the off.
It wasn't just the timing of Adebayor's third-minute strike, it was the lightning speed and lethal precision in the Togo star's combination with Wright-Phillips that should have put the fear into Blackburn.
But Hughes' men never really gathered momentum as Rovers were too cute at the back.
So instead of landing the knock-out punch, City traded blows and went the full 12 rounds before winning this fight by a split-decision. Rovers fans must be thinking after this performance that they will be safe by February. Allardyce's cohesive unit stick to what they know best, graft and guile. On another day they would have had the points.
Stephen Ireland praised City's travelling supporters for driving the team on.
There is a sharp contrast between contempt for those in charge at Eastlands and sympathy for their magnificent, gut-wrenching support. Their passion spills on to the pitch. A couple of them let their enthusiasm get the better of them when Ireland - their home-grown idol - scored the clinching goal in injury time and got on to the pitch before being bundled away by over-eager stewards.
Certainly the way Bellamy ran his opponent ragged and ran himself into the ground before giving way to Carlos Tevez midway through the second half is testament to the commitment of Hughes' players to the cause.
Blues fans taunted 'Fergie sign him' at the sight of Argentina star Tevez in a City shirt and the neutrals could not help but smile.
Sadly though, despite the result, Hughes' post-game comments about Lescott left a sour taste. The England defender may well sign for City after all.
Yet those in charge at Eastlands must get their heads round the fact that some things cannot be bought.
Like the hearts and minds of a country that must surely hope the Arsenals, Villas and Evertons of this world, who spend within their means, get one over Sparky and his owners.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Re: What's His Problem FFS???

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:55 pm

he can fuck off

we've been everyone's second team for bastard years....where did that get us? tea and bloody sympathy

I want pots and winners medals. Hearts and minds of the country, what a load of arse. City are doing a brilliant job at winning the hearts and minds of those who count....City fans
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

I read that today too and thought it was bitter as fuck...especially the 'built not bought a side'

Erm...how do you do that exactly without buying players?

I had no idea the top 4s teams are made entirely of youth acadamy players

I mean FFS
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Fish111 wrote:Certainly the way Bellamy ran his opponent ragged and ran himself into the ground before giving way to Carlos Tevez midway through the second half is testament to the commitment of Hughes' players to the cause.

Given, Richards, Dunne, Toure, Bridge,Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Barry, Robinho (Tevez 69), Adebayor,Bellamy.

Who did what now?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Perhaps Antony Kastrinakis should get his head around the fact that we don't really care what the rest of the country thinks about us and that his good guys haven't won a trophy in ages.

As for the Lescott saga, are the Moyes cheerleaders honestly trying to make us believe that we are doing anything different to every other team in the world?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

well, it seems that his problem is that City have spent money on players and refused to continue in the "plucky underdog" role that he claims we were loved for by the so called neutrals.
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Why did you bother reading it in the first place Wooders? That shit will rot your brain.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Just another piece of DRIVEL in line with most of that rags rantings. Why let the truth get in the way of shite.
Get used to it people...there'll be plenty more from where that came from.

God bless him...fancy having to write shite like that for a living. I'll bet he was cringing at every word he had to type.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Bizarre reporting - what I don't get with newspapers nowadays is that they seem to let their journo's loose to write whatever they want. Tomorrow or the next day you'll more than likely see a report by a different journo in the same paper saying how great it is City are challenging the status quo.

In the past everyone had to toe the paper's official line. Maybe its a good thing letting them have their own say on things but when reading things like this I wish the news was reported how it use to be, nice and tight with at least one if not two sub-editors reviewing articles before they were published.

Regarding the actual game, if any of the Sky4 had won a game like we did, and they do all the time, the press would say a typical performance which underlines the champions elect mentality of seeing a game through to the end and weathering the home side's storm.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Martinez » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm

We could have lost the game if it wasn't for Blackburn's wayward finishing and Shay Given???? Cheers for that Einstein, in that case United could have easily lost to Birmingham as well. In fact, I reckon most teams would struggle if they had to play without a keeper, against a front- two who never missed a shot.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Had the misfortune to listen to Alan Green doing the Arsenal game whilst I was driving Saturday evening.

For some reason he kept referring to us, saying you 'can't build a team by throwing in a load of players, you have to build be adding one or two a year'.

So by inference then we should limit ourselves to 2 players only per summer because then we will build a better team. What a load of bollox and what a cock that man is!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:16 pm

What a tosser
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby saulman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Fish111 wrote:If City had built NOT bought a side they could easily have become the country's favourite second team.

That's an absolute classic, that is. Who does he think Mark Hughes is exactly? Dr. Frankenstein? How on earth are you supposed to aquire players with which to build a team?

I actually stopped reading there. The team on Saturday had Richards, Ireland and SWP in the starting line up with more academy products on the bench.

Build, don't buy. What utter bollocks.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Goataldo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Haha, he'll get headhunted by The Mirror writing anti-City drivel like that.

Seems to be a combination of writing crap to get a reaction (succeeded there then, me included), playing devil's advocate, and being a complete cretin. What do you expect though - quality incisive journalism? It's The Sun!

Let them whine, I couldn't care less if we're loved or hated.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:57 pm

when there is a big signing or a big announcement at coms, Hughes wants to say to this dick, and before we start you can fuck off. that will teach him
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Blue in the face » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:03 pm

What a jealous little man. What does he expect us to do with our money? Put it in a bank?

If he won the lottery does he think he wouldn't spend it to make his life much better than the shit he's living now?

CUNT
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby PaulC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:07 pm

john68 wrote:Just another piece of DRIVEL in line with most of that rags rantings. Why let the truth get in the way of shite.
Get used to it people...there'll be plenty more from where that came from.

God bless him...fancy having to write shite like that for a living. I'll bet he was cringing at every word he had to type.

He's not intelligent enough.
PaulC
De Michelis's Pace

Postby simon12 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 pm

But Hughes' men never really gathered momentum as Rovers were too cute at the back
Apart from the 2 goals that is

They got away with it thanks to classy Shay Given
Thats why you buy a keeper isn`t it

Rovers' wayward finishing.
Benni McCarthy and Jason Roberts had a string of chances, particularly in the first half
So your not questioning fat sams choice of strikers then?

Allardyce's cohesive unit stick to what they know best, graft and guile
Wasn`t someone quoted "kick them"

On another day they would have had the points.
I agree. If they were the better team.

Yet those in charge at Eastlands must get their heads round the fact that some things cannot be bought
Blackburn, rags and Chelsea?

Yet those in charge at Eastlands must get their heads round the fact that some things cannot be bought.
Like the hearts and minds of a country that must surely hope the Arsenals, Villas and Evertons of this world, who spend within their means, get one over Sparky and his owners.

No just you, you biased rag cockend
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Stoped reading once it said we should have built our side instead of bought it. He's obviously refering to us pre-ADUG then. Just how would that have been possible? build a team with what? peanuts? cause thats all we had under Shinawatra that's for sure. We have spent well and BUILT a side, you need money for this. It's what modern football is.

Writing shit like that is the reason the tosser works for The Sun, they can't stand the fact that we are building a side that will tear apart there precious "top" 4. Referting to bollocks like that after a great away win shows just how desperate they are for us to fail like Hughes said.

There's only going to be one winner in this battle, and it won't be the fucking media, it will be Manchester City, and when they will be up are arse in a few years (like the top 4 now) and there desperate for interviews and what not, we will tell them exactly where to go.

Wouldn't wipe arse with the likes of The Sun.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Futbol » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:24 pm

No just you, you biased rag cockend

So how much are Arsenal and Everton in debt??? doesn't look like spending within their means to me.
Futbol
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Rodney Marsh

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum