Mr Dunne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mr Dunne

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Not sure if we need another debate?? things are well understood

Great guy - done a great job for CITY - we have been very lucky to have such a wonderful servant - a real gent

At this time we have just won the lottery and now have the ability to compete at a higher level than previously then it follows (like with many other players) that he will not be able to hold down a regular 1st team role - its just life - does not make him a bad person / player.

He has lost a yard of pace and is not able to make up for that though guile / reading the game etc - so it is the right time to 'gently' remove him from the 1st team once we have signed Lescott - as no one argue that Toure and Lescott should not be our first choice CBs - but retain him as our club captain and make sure that he sees out the remaining time with us with the dignity and respect he deserves

I have been one for wanting to see 2 CBs come to the club and for Dunne to become a squad player - but .......................

If we had not won the lottery and were not now a MUCH BIGGER club - then he would likely still be a 1st choice - so lets not rubbish him please
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Kladze » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Kladze wrote:
saulman wrote:Agree with the opening post. Dunnie should stick around and accept that if we buy a player better than him, then he will be benched.
We should buy a player that's better than him because he's a weakness that teams will be looking to exploit this season.

I do hope he's still at City for his testamonial though.

If Dunnie were to read remarks like this I wonder just how condescending and patronising he'd find them.

why would he?
i hope he gets a testimonial, its an honour in my opinion. he deserves one.

I know what you and others are saying Bingo - it's just that it could easily be misconstrued as "He's crap but he's done his best for us so let's allow him to die like an old soldier".
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 pm

dunne gets alot of stick but the simple fact is the way we play our CB's are always exposed. Bridge defends too narrow and never gets out to block the wingers cross, and with only 3 in midfield there is no one tracking back. micah still needs babysitting. it will take an exceptional CB to look good in our line up.

i know its hard to judge againist blackburn, as they just lump the ball forward, but againist a decent playing side i think dunne will be OK now that all the resposibilty is not on him. he justs wants to play his own game and get on with it
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dawn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:00 pm

the main thing is not to include dunne in any deal for lescott,jo maybe but not richard.
dawn
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Midnight Blue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:05 pm

4 times player of the year and only 29 years old, he still has a lot to offer don't give up on him yet.
Midnight Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Attractive Football

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum