Where to park on matchday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Where to park on matchday

Postby MHiggi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:27 pm

I don't know the roads round town that well and I've got a mate driving up for the Wolves game so I was wondering where might be the best place to park.

Our plan for the day is to start in Shambles Square before going to The Townley then the ground. How far away does he need to be to get a relatively quick getaway?
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Where to park on matchday

Postby Goataldo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm

I could ask my mate to ask his cousin who lives near Mecca (bingo that is!) to let him park there, we used to a few seasons back, but it's one hell of a long shot! And the lad's cousin's a red.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Burt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 pm

MHiggi wrote:I don't know the roads round town that well and I've got a mate driving up for the Wolves game so I was wondering where might be the best place to park.

Our plan for the day is to start in Shambles Square before going to The Townley then the ground. How far away does he need to be to get a relatively quick getaway?

It depends on if you want to park up and then go to Shambles or park near the ground and walk to Shambles then walk to the ground mate.
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:29 pm

If you want to park in town then walk to the match you can park in any NCP car park but it's a trek to get back to your car after the game. IMO you should get here early, park right near the Townley on the road, which is free and you won't get a ticket, then bus, taxi or walk to Shambles Square enjoy the day and after the match your car is right there waiting for you.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby MHiggi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Fish111 wrote:If you want to park in town then walk to the match you can park in any NCP car park but it's a trek to get back to your car after the game. IMO you should get here early, park right near the Townley on the road, which is free and you won't get a ticket, then bus, taxi or walk to Shambles Square enjoy the day and after the match your car is right there waiting for you.

Sounds a decent plan Fish, and depending on how energetic we're feeling on Saturday we might even just stay at the Townley pre-game instead of trekking over to the Shambles. The atmosphere in Shambles Square before some of the games last season was amazing though (Chelsea and Hamburg in particular).
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum