On the old site i posted a thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

On the old site i posted a thread

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Where i said i would go out on limb about our finnishing position this season.And i stated that if we hit the ground running i thought we could finnish runners up to scouse one.Well guess what guys i still think we will finnish second but to Chelsea.I really think that after seeing them beat Hull in the late stages of there game that they will prove to powerful for everyone this season.Discuss.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: On the old site i posted a thread

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Gillie i will say it again,we wont finish second pal.

4th Maybe or 5th more likely.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:53 pm

gillie wrote:Where i said i would go out on limb about our finnishing position this season.And i stated that if we hit the ground running i thought we could finnish runners up to scouse one.Well guess what guys i still think we will finnish second but to Chelsea.I really think that after seeing them beat Hull in the late stages of there game that they will prove to powerful for everyone this season.Discuss.

a clear challenge to NQDP :)

Myself mate, I believe we have the squad to do it. The onus is now well and truly on Hughes as his tactics are now under the spotlight. Saturday was a very good start tactics wise but we still got quite peppered in our area - a better team would have scored and who knows, may have beaten us.
So to sum up, I reckon 2nd is a bit of a stretch, but I think top 4 is plausible
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Why do you finish every thread you start with the word discuss? Discuss...

BTW - There is not a cat in hells chance we will finish 2nd!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 pm

If we hit the ground running then we should be able to mount a title push!!

I'm going to go for a 3rd place finish
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:10 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Why do you finish every thread you start with the word discuss? Discuss...

BTW - There is not a cat in hells chance we will finish 2nd!

I did not realise i did finnish every thread that way but with this being a forum i thought thats what you did in a forum sorry if it irks you mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Saturday showed that we're already a tougher side than last season. We have several things to find out; if we can defend successfully against football teams rather than Blackburn, if we can come back to win a game from being behind, if we can remain as strong when changing players around, if we're near the top can we keep our nerve?

If we answer the first two those questions positively, then we're definitely in with a shout of 2nd. If we answer all four positively, we're in with a chance of 1st. It's a big ask for a new side but let's see.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Saturday showed that we're already a tougher side than last season. We have several things to find out; if we can defend successfully against football teams rather than Blackburn, if we can come back to win a game from being behind, if we can remain as strong when changing players around, if we're near the top can we keep our nerve?

If we answer the first two those questions positively, then we're definitely in with a shout of 2nd. If we answer all four positively, we're in with a chance of 1st. It's a big ask for a new side but let's see.

100% agree, these are the questions that need answering before getting carried away
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Wooders wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Saturday showed that we're already a tougher side than last season. We have several things to find out; if we can defend successfully against football teams rather than Blackburn, if we can come back to win a game from being behind, if we can remain as strong when changing players around, if we're near the top can we keep our nerve?

100% agree, these are the questions that need answering before getting carried away

Wooders i am not getting carried away mate i think we have a very realistic chance to finnish at least 2nd this season with the squad we have.Imo we have the best attacking threat of anyone in the league and our midfield is as good as the big 4 so really its only our defence that is the weak link.Imo get the defence sorted and its skys the limit.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 am

I think 5th will be our spot this season, maybe it's yrs of failure causing me not to get my hopes up tho.

I do think we ought to push the big 4 though.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 am

gillie wrote:Where i said i would go out on limb about our finnishing position this season.And i stated that if we hit the ground running i thought we could finnish runners up to scouse one.Well guess what guys i still think we will finnish second but to Chelsea.I really think that after seeing them beat Hull in the late stages of there game that they will prove to powerful for everyone this season.Discuss.

You know there is a thread for season predictions sitting right above this one. http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26172

First question is "where will we finish"
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fish111 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 am

No chance of finishing 2nd imo. 4th at best but definately should finish in the top 6. After watching Arsenal give celtic a total footballing lesson last night i would like to review my prediction that if any was to drop from the so-called 'big four' then i now think it will be Liverpool.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum