Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United have been stunned by claims from Nemanja Vidic's agent that the centre-back wants a move to Barcelona. Daily Mirror

However, Vidic's adviser Paolo Fabbri has denied quotes attributed to him in the Spanish media that the Serbian international had been tempted by an offer to join the European champions.Daily Express

Everton boss David Moyes is set to make a £12 million double raid for Tottenham midfielder David Bentley and defender Alan Hutton.

Daily Mirror Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell is seriously considering an amazing switch to Notts County after being offered a player/coach role by County director of football Sven Goran Eriksson.Daily Mirror

Liverpool have made a £2m swoop for AEK Athens centre-half Sotiris Kyrgiakos. The Sun

The Reds are also keeping tabs on Stoke's Ryan Shawcross, although the Potters are desperate to keep hold of the defender.Daily Mail

West Ham defender James Collins has rejected a £5m move to Stoke.The Sun

Hull are set to bid for Aston Villa's unsettled defender Luke Young. Daily Mirror

Forward Victor Moses wants to quit Crystal Palace after being left out of their starting line-up against Ipswich last night. Daily Mirror

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has ruled out a move for Portsmouth goalkeeper David James. Independent

Redknapp is preparing an £8m bid for Celtic midfielder Scott Brown. Daily Telegraph

Hull are also in the running to sign Campbell, but the Tigers are set to miss out on Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo who is set to join Real Zaragoza.Daily Mirror

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce remains hopeful of pushing through a season-long loan deal for Lyon defender John Mensah. Daily Telegraph

West Brom midfielder Jonathan Greening is set to sign for Fulham. Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester City's grand plan for Eastlands and its surrounds
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... -eastlands

Touré revels in sibling rivalry as City prepare to take on Barcelona http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 73940.html

Man City in safe hands with Mark Hughes & Co http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 21409.html

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has told striker Fernando Torres to stop arguing with defenders and focus on scoring. Daily Mail

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says that the rest of the Premier League is envious of Spurs for having Croatian midfielder Luka Modric in their squad. (Daily Express)

Newcastle have opened talks with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat over a possible takeover at St James' Park. Independent

Moat's group though is battling it out with two unnamed consortia for the club.Daily Express

Manchester United are preparing to offer defender Nemanja Vidic a new contract amid uncertainty about his long-term future. The Times

Hull midfielder Ian Ashbee's career is hanging in the balance as he faces surgery on knee ligaments he ruptured last. The Sun

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor insists the club can still succeed this term without Gareth Barry and Martin Laursen. Daily Mirror

Coventry boss Chris Coleman says he needs more funds for players if the side are to push for promotion this season. Daily Star

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.gridcrasher.com/index.php/20 ... ena-barber

AND FINALLY
The Manchester United players have assigned defender Patrice Evra as their pre-match DJ but are demanding when it comes to his music choices. "I have to change it every time," said Evra. The Sun

Chelsea new-boy Nemanja Matic almost signed for Middlesbrough in January but the midfielder was put off by the weather. The Sun

Birmingham's new left-back Gregory Vignal, previously with Liverpool and Portsmouth, was convinced to return to England after receiving advice from Manchester United legend Eric Cantona at a bullfight. The Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Dronny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:58 am

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says that the rest of the Premier League is envious of Spurs for having Croatian midfielder Luka Modric in their squad. (Daily Express)

What a Image
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 am

Holt is really kissing ass these days eh?
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

I'd love it if Vidic fucked off as well! O'Shea or Evans partnering Errrrr Deerrrrrr Derrrr in defence haha quality!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby adebayor25 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

WAG OF THE DAY

that wag is amazing ;)
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Holt is really kissing ass these days eh?

Nice of him to use 're-emergence as a power'. Most of them deny we ever existed!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 am

BBC also reporting that Everton are trying to get Ever Banega on a season long loan from Valencia....

He is one of the best up and coming midfielders in the world. I have been hoping we would bid for him as well. Good cover for Ireland this season. But I suppose we can use Everton as the guinea pig to see if Banega can adapt to the English league, and if he proves himself buy him next summer.... thanks moyes... :-)
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:BBC also reporting that Everton are trying to get Ever Banega on a season long loan from Valencia....

He is one of the best up and coming midfielders in the world. I have been hoping we would bid for him as well. Good cover for Ireland this season. But I suppose we can use Everton as the guinea pig to see if Banega can adapt to the English league, and if he proves himself buy him next summer.... thanks moyes... :-)

Starting to come in useful old Golum.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks Joey, and thanks Gollum.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Dronny wrote:Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says that the rest of the Premier League is envious of Spurs for having Croatian midfielder Luka Modric in their squad. (Daily Express)

lets slap a 20million bid in there and see who's envious then, the bent fucker he is.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

BREAKING BOLLOX
Swedish club Kalmar have intimated that Rasmus Elm's protracted transfer saga could be concluded in the next seven days. The midfielder is a reported target of both Fulham and Everton.Sky Sports

Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell has admitted he will think about extending the loan deal of Blackburn's Keith Treacy beyond January if the midfielder can impress. Sky Sports

Bordeaux striker, and rumoured target of Sunderland, Arsenal and West Ham, Marouane Chamakh is pessimistic regarding his chances of securing a move away from the French club this summer this summer.Sky Sports

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has confirmed he is seeking to recruit Bolton defender Danny Shittu and midfielder Gavin McCann.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Svensational wrote:I reckon Danny Shittu would be a fantastic signing for us, Id love it if we put a cheeky bid in for him!!

We should buy him just for the comedy value in his surname.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:27 pm

adebayor25 wrote:
WAG OF THE DAY

that wag is amazing ;)