Moaners won't be tolerated

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Moaners won't be tolerated

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:46 pm

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/25 ... ands_.aspx

I wonder if he is talking about Robbie in the bit that is bolded?

Manchester City star Stephen Ireland has warned his teammates that no one is guaranteed a starting XI berth at the club and should they find themselves on the bench or even out of the match day squad, moaning will not be tolerated. Following the glut of arrivals namely Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor and Gareth Barry from Arsenal and Aston Villa respectively, competition for places is expected to be as fierce as ever, but Ireland suggests only hard work and endeavor coupled with good performances will lead to consistent selection.

Ireland told the club’s official website: ““It's going to be difficult for players at times this season,”

“Some will get upset when they're left out. They will think they should be playing.”

“But people on the bench can either work hard and try to get back in with their football or they can sulk. It's up to them, isn't it?”

“Some people tend to say that they can't do any more to impress the manager. Well they can.”

“Some players may not get in to the team until January but then maybe they'll stay in from then on and be a big influence on the season.”

“Look at Nedum Onuoha last season. That's what he did. But I think I know how these players will respond.”

“The manager will pick the best team for each game and there will be changes, we know that.”

“We have to deal with those decisions like adults and work harder to prove that he was wrong.”
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Moaners won't be tolerated

Postby Lionel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Lets end this rotation bollocks once and for all. Yes he will tinker for each game when injuries and suspensions play a part, other than that max number of tatical changes will be 2. No more. Anyone who thinks Hughes will play Zabaleta for one game and Richards for another is off their rocker, it will be more of a case of you have the shirt, play well enough to keep it for 90% of the time.
Lionel
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Lionel wrote:Lets end this rotation bollocks once and for all. Yes he will tinker for each game when injuries and suspensions play a part, other than that max number of tatical changes will be 2. No more. Anyone who thinks Hughes will play Zabaleta for one game and Richards for another is off their rocker, it will be more of a case of you have the shirt, play well enough to keep it for 90% of the time.

Could you have a word with Ireland and tell him then?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Lionel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Lionel wrote:Lets end this rotation bollocks once and for all. Yes he will tinker for each game when injuries and suspensions play a part, other than that max number of tatical changes will be 2. No more. Anyone who thinks Hughes will play Zabaleta for one game and Richards for another is off their rocker, it will be more of a case of you have the shirt, play well enough to keep it for 90% of the time.

Rotation for Ireland will mean a rest in the League cup.
Lionel
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 pm

Lionel wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Think you need to have a re-read of the article. Ireland wasn't talking about himself. He is talking about the whole team and essentially saying that because of the size of the squad, not everyone will be playing every week and you can either accept that and try harder to get in the team, or moan (which won't be tolerated!!). Hope that helps.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 pm

D'oh! I thought you meant on here.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lionel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Lionel wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Think you need to have a re-read of the article. Ireland wasn't talking about himself. He is talking about the whole team and essentially saying that because of the size of the squad, not everyone will be playing every week and you can either accept that and try harder to get in the team, or moan (which won't be tolerated!!). Hope that helps.

Re~reading the article is pointless, I was not writing about what Ireland, just giving my own views.
Lionel
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Fish111 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 pm

With one or two exceptions i think we all know the best starting eleven. Form and injuries will dictate who will be rotated if necessary. I also think we will put our strongest team out even in the Carling Cup as it is one trophy we can definately win this year.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Fish111 wrote:With one or two exceptions i think we all know the best starting eleven. Form and injuries will dictate who will be rotated if necessary. I also think we will put our strongest team out even in the Carling Cup as it is one trophy we can definately win this year.

We THINK we know the best starting 11 but we may be wrong. I'm absolutely certain there'll be lots of rotation of players & I'm sure Hughes has promised the players that it will happen & that they'd all get a decent amount of games before they signed. It will keep the team fresh & allow us to perform better than the teams with smaller squads.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:16 pm

i thought you meant moaners wont be tolerated on here, i could see some on here having a fit
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm

I would like to repost this when we buy a player that drops Ireland to the bench. Very easy to come out with that crap when you name is etched in stone in the starting XI.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Slim wrote:I would like to repost this when we buy a player that drops Ireland to the bench. Very easy to come out with that crap when you name is etched in stone in the starting XI.

I have a feeling you wont need to, Ireland will work hard and not moan..... hence the article!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:I would like to repost this when we buy a player that drops Ireland to the bench. Very easy to come out with that crap when you name is etched in stone in the starting XI.

I have a feeling you wont need to, Ireland will work hard and not moan..... hence the article!

If he WAS in Garrido's place at the moment, you can bet that article would not be seen.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

If he WAS in Garrido's place at the moment, you can bet that article would not be seen.

De Jong said something similar when he was left out so it's not neccessarily true that Ireland wouldn't feel the same way. If a player's left out every game then of course it would be different but several of the current squad have said they welcome the challenge.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Hmm so you think Ireland is wrong to say what he has on the basis that he would moan and whinge if he got dropped?

I think you are wrong and if Ireland's form dropped off he would e xpect to be dropped.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Fish111 wrote:With one or two exceptions i think we all know the best starting eleven. Form and injuries will dictate who will be rotated if necessary. I also think we will put our strongest team out even in the Carling Cup as it is one trophy we can definately win this year.

I would bet not one person on here picked the actual starting 11 for the BBurn match
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:03 pm

IT,S NATURAL TO MOAN IF YOUR NOT PLAYING...IT,S CALLED HUMAN NATURE.

IRELAND BELEIVES IN THE IDEAL WORLD WE LIVE IN - UNFORTUNATLEY IT,S THE REAL WORLD AND IN IT PLAYERS THAT DONT PLAY OFTEN WILL FUCKING WHINGE.

ID BE ONE OF THEM IF I WAS A PLAYER - THERE AGAIN ID BE PLAYING WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT...BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby paddyblue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 pm

gonna be difficult for hughes,besides the squad and the bench against blackburn, he could have kompany,rsc,johnson and probably lescott to consider, so some good players wont even make the bench
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Hmm so you think Ireland is wrong to say what he has on the basis that he would moan and whinge if he got dropped?

I think you are wrong and if Ireland's form dropped off he would e xpect to be dropped.

So Garrido was dropped for lack of form?

Try reading what you are quoting.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Garrido was replaced/ dropped because he wasn't /isn't good enough it all amounts to the same thing. IF he WAS in Garrido's place now i.e. in the reserves with the character he has I feel it is more than likely he would be saying very similar things about needing to play better to get back into the side. So apart from splitting hairs your problem is what?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum