Moaners won't be tolerated

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Moaners won't be tolerated

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:IT,S NATURAL TO MOAN IF YOUR NOT PLAYING...IT,S CALLED HUMAN NATURE.

IRELAND BELEIVES IN THE IDEAL WORLD WE LIVE IN - UNFORTUNATLEY IT,S THE REAL WORLD AND IN IT PLAYERS THAT DONT PLAY OFTEN WILL FUCKING WHINGE.

ID BE ONE OF THEM IF I WAS A PLAYER - THERE AGAIN ID BE PLAYING WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT...BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face Carl
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:IT,S NATURAL TO MOAN IF YOUR NOT PLAYING...IT,S CALLED HUMAN NATURE.

IRELAND BELEIVES IN THE IDEAL WORLD WE LIVE IN - UNFORTUNATLEY IT,S THE REAL WORLD AND IN IT PLAYERS THAT DONT PLAY OFTEN WILL FUCKING WHINGE.

ID BE ONE OF THEM IF I WAS A PLAYER - THERE AGAIN ID BE PLAYING WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT...BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.

IS IRELAND OUR CAPTAIN NOW? I THINK THESE KIND OF COMMENTS SHOULD ONLY COME FROM CLUB CAPTAIN IMO.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Garrido was replaced/ dropped because he wasn't /isn't good enough it all amounts to the same thing. IF he WAS in Garrido's place now i.e. in the reserves with the character he has I feel it is more than likely he would be saying very similar things about needing to play better to get back into the side. So apart from splitting hairs your problem is what?

Garrido has zero chance to get into the current lineup, I would go as far as to say that both Nedum and Zabs would be preferred by Hughes at leftback, we have this young kid Zander and god help him if Lescott signs cause that's just another player sitting ahead of him. Even if Garrido was in blinding form, he is already cast and unless we have a horror run of injuries won't get anywhere near the first team.

Now if Ireland were IN THAT SPOT this article would not be seen. If you think a loss of form and Garrido's situation is splitting hairs then I think you need to look up the phrase "splitting hair".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Slim wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Garrido was replaced/ dropped because he wasn't /isn't good enough it all amounts to the same thing. IF he WAS in Garrido's place now i.e. in the reserves with the character he has I feel it is more than likely he would be saying very similar things about needing to play better to get back into the side. So apart from splitting hairs your problem is what?

Garrido has zero chance to get into the current lineup, I would go as far as to say that both Nedum and Zabs would be preferred by Hughes at leftback, we have this young kid Zander and god help him if Lescott signs cause that's just another player sitting ahead of him. Even if Garrido was in blinding form, he is already cast and unless we have a horror run of injuries won't get anywhere near the first team.

Now if Ireland were IN THAT SPOT this article would not be seen. If you think a loss of form and Garrido's situation is splitting hairs then I think you need to look up the phrase "splitting hair".

I think it's pretty obvious to everybody that Ireland is refering to players who ARE in with a chance of playing, fighting for a place rather than moaning, as opposed to ones who are on the verge of being sold. Who cares if they complain? Nobody obviously.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious to everybody that Ireland is refering to players who ARE in with a chance of playing, fighting for a place rather than moaning, as opposed to ones who are on the verge of being sold. Who cares if they complain? Nobody obviously.

Apparently at least one person cares. Funny accent, wears his hairdo on his face, puts articles about moaners into the press.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 pm

OK Slim if you want to make a stupid point I will agree with you.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

IS IRELAND OUR CAPTAIN NOW? I THINK THESE KIND OF COMMENTS SHOULD ONLY COME FROM CLUB CAPTAIN IMO.

Lol even better finding something to complain/moan about when Ireland is being positive. We want lots of leaders in the team and not just one and if this is one way of showing we have them it's fine to me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:OK Slim if you want to make a stupid point I will agree with you.

Oh wait, you've got me all turned around on the subject.

God you are such a woman.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Lol even better finding something to complain/moan about when Ireland is being positive. We want lots of leaders in the team and not just one and if this is one way of showing we have them it's fine to me.

WHOS FUCKING MOANING? I SAID IMO THE CLUB CAPTAIN SHOULD COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT ONE ABOVE...IT WASNT A WHINGE.....I COULD GIVE YOU PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF WHINGING BUT THAT WASNT ONE.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Definitely the type of article you would want to hear from your player of the season.

Every top player should think like this and there's nowhere to hide now so once a main player for us is trying to drive the club forward in the press its ok with me.

Negative press is not. I don't want anything negative in the press coming from our own players and I'm sure that's what Ireland is also saying...

Make no mistake about it, this interview was given to hopefully avoid a repeat of the public bitching that Elano did last season... And that's just fine with me.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WHOS FUCKING MOANING? I SAID IMO THE CLUB CAPTAIN SHOULD COME OUT WITH A STATEMENT LIKE THAT ONE ABOVE...IT WASNT A WHINGE.....I COULD GIVE YOU PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF WHINGING BUT THAT WASNT ONE.

Perhaps Ireland thinks so too & wants the job?
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:58 pm

MAYBE VICE CAPTAIN - I THINK TOURE SHOULD BE CAPTAIN, HE,S PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE AND IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE BASED ON HIS PAST.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:01 pm

"I COULD GIVE YOU PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF WHINGING ." Aint that the truth
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:"I COULD GIVE YOU PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF WHINGING ." Aint that the truth

SAYS HE - THE MOST BIASED PRO HUGHES BLUE ON THIS SITE.

SEE ... WE CAN GO AT THIS ALL DAY.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:07 pm

He's talking about Petrov in my opinion (at the risk of sounding like Im on a crusade against him)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's talking about Petrov in my opinion (at the risk of sounding like Im on a crusade against him)

Wouldn't suprise me mate.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Dameerto wrote:He's talking about Petrov in my opinion (at the risk of sounding like Im on a crusade against him)

Wouldn't suprise me mate.

Thinking about it. I agree.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Thats the first name that came to mind when I read it.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Thats the first name that came to mind when I read it.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 am

For those of you who believe that squad rotation is some new fangled modern idea, dreamt up by the likes of Taggart, the Tinkerman and the Spanish Waiter....dream on.

Though we quote the famous 11 that won us the league in '68. Mercer and Allison actually used 21 players in that league campaign.
In 1937, when we were first crowned champions, we used no less that 25 players in that campaign.

Injuries, tactics, loss of form and other reasons, cause a natural turn round of players in any season. That is why strength in depth is needed to be successful. Players well understand the situation and know the score, that at some point they will not be in the team for a variety of reasons. Players on the periphery also know that if they are good enough, they will get their chance to wear the shirt.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum