Talksport believe - Prem manager has resigned

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Talksport believe - Prem manager has resigned

Postby svengali » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm

I remember the same thing being said before he made a lazarus like return and managed his team to a win at the Bernabau.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby crossan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Its all Bull..................nothing on any sports news stations.............WUM's.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Apparently there was a rumour on Twitter saying that he had quit, perhaps thats where the rumour started and perhaps that is the TALKsport "Source".

Wouldn't surprise me, but then again wouldn't be that surprised to learn that it's true and that he has walked out!!!

Liverpoool in turmoil means no top 4 for them, Chumps league here comes city!!!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby irblinx » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Burt wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:I cant understand the sudden dislike for a manager who stands his ground. Moyes believes in his players and their ability and doesnt want all the hard work put in by his staff and players, ruined by boardroom memebers, who believe selling lescott would be good buisness.

For that reason I admire the bloke, and cant dislike him for not wanting to sell us one of his best defender. It will be sad for football and Everton FC, if its him who as resigned, and it will only be because of the above

That cannot be argued but the fact that he did exactly the same with Lescott at Wolves when they said he was not for sale but caved in to the weight of dough being thrown at them, makes him a hyprocryte of the highest order. He has too many similarities to Taggart IMO and I wouldn't slash on Taggart if he was on fire. The only liquid I would throw on him in that scenario, would be petrol.

Spot on, he's perfectly within his rights to hold on to his player, however making Hughes out to be some sort amoral spawn of the devil has sent him way down in my estimation. Hughes has done nothing that any other manager, including goggle eyes, has not done countless times before and does not deserve the praise that the media have given him for standing up to nasty old City
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby irblinx » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:20 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:Apparently there was a rumour on Twitter saying that he had quit, perhaps thats where the rumour started and perhaps that is the TALKsport "Source".

Wouldn't surprise me, but then again wouldn't be that surprised to learn that it's true and that he has walked out!!!

Liverpoool in turmoil means no top 4 for them, Chumps league here comes city!!!

They were saying that Paddy Power had suspended betting on the sack race but then they are hardly the most reliable source to turn too considering their record of embarrassing early payouts going wrong
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:well said, moyes is not a personable fella or a likeable chap, however, he is a consistant good prem manager who IMO gets the best out of players. I too admire his stance, although he should keep his trap shut at times.

Remember how much time did he improve to sell Shreck to the rags? A week or two, I suppose! And please what's about the never ending Howard's loan from Stretford? How many games against scum did Howard stay on the bench looking to his blue scousers lose? How a Premier League manager get considered as wise denying something like 19 ml £ for a 27 years old good defender?
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm

My inside sources at the beeb say it's Rafa . . . betting is all suspended on him but not Moyley
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby svengali » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 pm

I've just seen his double on SSN arriving at Anfield for tonight's game!
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

svengali wrote:I've just seen his double on SSN arriving at Anfield for tonight's game!

Wouldn't surprise me at all...what transfer budget has he been given? 2 million or something?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:08 pm

So when do we think he will walk if it is him?
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Ive heard its hughes as doesnt feel hes had the financial backing
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Would love either scouse 1 or 2 to lose there managers as it would help us out.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Whassat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:Ive heard its hughes as doesnt feel hes had the financial backing

Haha - quality!
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

So who's for employing Benitez tomorrow?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Vhero » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:So who's for employing Benitez tomorrow?

Shhhh that means we would have to get rid of Hughes and people aren't allowed to talk about things like that around here.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Vhero wrote:Would love either scouse 1 or 2 to lose there managers as it would help us out.

Agree with all the hassle of getting a new man in etc they would drop alot of points.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Slim wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:I cant understand the sudden dislike for a manager who stands his ground. Moyes believes in his players and their ability and doesnt want all the hard work put in by his staff and players, ruined by boardroom memebers, who believe selling lescott would be good buisness.

For that reason I admire the bloke, and cant dislike him for not wanting to sell us one of his best defender. It will be sad for football and Everton FC, if its him who as resigned, and it will only be because of the above

It's not that he wants to keep his defender, that much is fine. It's the fact he is gaining image mileage out of denying the evil oil barons from swooping in and taking who we want.

We put a bid in, they came out and published it just to say they turned us down.
We put another bid in, they did the same.
We didn't put a bid in, they come out and set a fucking ridiculous price.
Hughes mentions he has to talk to the people who can make the deal happening(I thought he meant Cook and his crew) Moyes takes offence and says HE is the one Hughes should be talking to, even though Hughes doesn't negotiate himself.

Moyes has seeked out any opportunity to create and then take the moral highground here, he is as bad as Berlusconi was in january if not worse.

I follow this line and predict him holding a City shirt within 48 hrs subject to personal (which are hard to agree!!) and passing a medical
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 pm

simon12 wrote:
Slim wrote:

It's not that he wants to keep his defender, that much is fine. It's the fact he is gaining image mileage out of denying the evil oil barons from swooping in and taking who we want.

We put a bid in, they came out and published it just to say they turned us down.
We put another bid in, they did the same.
We didn't put a bid in, they come out and set a fucking ridiculous price.
Hughes mentions he has to talk to the people who can make the deal happening(I thought he meant Cook and his crew) Moyes takes offence and says HE is the one Hughes should be talking to, even though Hughes doesn't negotiate himself.

Moyes has seeked out any opportunity to create and then take the moral highground here, he is as bad as Berlusconi was in january if not worse.

I follow this line and predict him holding a City shirt within 48 hrs subject to personal (which are hard to agree!!) and passing a medical

Hope so pal, he will prove to be one of our most important players this season if he signs.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum