Talksport believe - Prem manager has resigned

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Talksport believe - Prem manager has resigned

Postby blootoof » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:11 pm

(if true)could it be boggle eyes?
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Talksport believe - Prem manager has resigned

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Who's boggle eyes?!
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Could be David Moyes???
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Aargh..........

Just of out to see a client.......... i'll have to look at traffic lights on blackberry to see who it is!

Paul Hart or Moyes me reckons
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Please let it be Moyes. Sanctimonious, hypocritical, long ball merchant.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Be funny if it was Moyes because Kenwright has decided to sell Lescott behind his back.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby blootoof » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Burt wrote:Who's boggle eyes?!

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:30 pm

blootoof wrote:
Burt wrote:Who's boggle eyes?!

Silly old git I am. I should ave known.

Hope it is him. The hypocritical fucler is Taggart's ideal replacement at the swamp.
Burt

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I cant understand the sudden dislike for a manager who stands his ground. Moyes believes in his players and their ability and doesnt want all the hard work put in by his staff and players, ruined by boardroom memebers, who believe selling lescott would be good buisness.

For that reason I admire the bloke, and cant dislike him for not wanting to sell us one of his best defender. It will be sad for football and Everton FC, if its him who as resigned, and it will only be because of the above
eastlandsblue

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Well everyone should settle down...Talksport were four weeks ahead on the Tevez news, so it will be a while before we find out yet! ;)
Manx Blue

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

well said, moyes is not a personable fella or a likeable chap, however, he is a consistant good prem manager who IMO gets the best out of players. I too admire his stance, although he should keep his trap shut at times.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dronny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:I cant understand the sudden dislike for a manager who stands his ground. Moyes believes in his players and their ability and doesnt want all the hard work put in by his staff and players, ruined by boardroom memebers, who believe selling lescott would be good buisness.

For that reason I admire the bloke, and cant dislike him for not wanting to sell us one of his best defender. It will be sad for football and Everton FC, if its him who as resigned, and it will only be because of the above

I agree with the above, he is only doing what we would want our Manager to do in the same circumstances. Also, it will provide the shit stirrers with more ammo for "City destroying footie"
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Burt » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:I cant understand the sudden dislike for a manager who stands his ground. Moyes believes in his players and their ability and doesnt want all the hard work put in by his staff and players, ruined by boardroom memebers, who believe selling lescott would be good buisness.

That cannot be argued but the fact that he did exactly the same with Lescott at Wolves when they said he was not for sale but caved in to the weight of dough being thrown at them, makes him a hyprocryte of the highest order. He has too many similarities to Taggart IMO and I wouldn't slash on Taggart if he was on fire. The only liquid I would throw on him in that scenario, would be petrol.
Burt

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 pm

It's not that he wants to keep his defender, that much is fine. It's the fact he is gaining image mileage out of denying the evil oil barons from swooping in and taking who we want.

We put a bid in, they came out and published it just to say they turned us down.
We put another bid in, they did the same.
We didn't put a bid in, they come out and set a fucking ridiculous price.
Hughes mentions he has to talk to the people who can make the deal happening(I thought he meant Cook and his crew) Moyes takes offence and says HE is the one Hughes should be talking to, even though Hughes doesn't negotiate himself.

Moyes has seeked out any opportunity to create and then take the moral highground here, he is as bad as Berlusconi was in january if not worse.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Dronny wrote:

I agree with the above, he is only doing what we would want our Manager to do in the same circumstances. Also, it will provide the shit stirrers with more ammo for "City destroying footie"

I disagree strongly. He's treating it as a pissing contest & it's been bad for the club. He could've sold him for lots more than he's worth, replaced him & srengthened the team in several areas. If Robbie was to do the same as Lescott, every single one of us would want hughes to sell him & be going spare if he didn't & we lost 6-1 at home.

Moyes is taking it pesonally & trying to prove a point, that Everton don't have to sell to clubs like City & risking Everton's whole season on the outcome being positive. Would you sign for Everton now if you were a future star player who had ambitions to play regular Champ's league when you see that even if you play for years & someone offers twice what you're worth, the manager will try to keep you there forever? Terrible management
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby roadkill2487 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

a little offtopic, but is anyone having trouble loading videos on the OS?
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm

i can see where you are coming from but not with this cunt.

did he make anywhere near the same amount of bullshit, slanderous comments about the rags when bacon went after rooney? did he balls.

he's thrown his toys out of the pram bigtime, and he only has himself to blame for the corner he has been backed into with his ridiculous "i'm in charge of everything at this club" comments. he typifies this "holier than thou" attitude that so many everton fans have.

just because you have "the people's club" on a few fucking scarves dont make you better than anyone else, everton have done their business in the exact same way we have done. fuck them.
The Man In Blue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:03 pm

Dronny wrote:

Is he really doing what we would want our manager to do? Why then do the majority of Everton fans , as far as I can see, want him to let Lescott go for the inflated money we have already offerred? I actually think Kenwright probably wants the money for the good of the clu but has to be seen to support his manager or risk him resigning.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dronny wrote:

Is he really doing what we would want our manager to do? Why then do the majority of Everton fans , as far as I can see, want him to let Lescott go for the inflated money we have already offerred? I actually think Kenwright probably wants the money for the good of the clu but has to be seen to support his manager or risk him resigning.

Spot on Doug, most Everton fans are desperate for Joleon to leave and it would be better for the club in the long run to have the £20mill rather than Lescott.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby paddyblue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm

lescott has been dropped from evertons europa league match, mean the move is very close
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum