Burnley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Burnley

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

Not a big fan of the town, the team or the fans.

'cept for tonight mind.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 pm

how have they managed to get away with the terrace behind the net?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:51 pm

razor400 wrote:What happened at City last time Burnley beat the scum in the top flight?

We won the league cup that year methinks, beating the filth 4-0 on the way.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 pm

they didn't really deserve to beat Birmingham last weekend either

Tottenham are a worry though...
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

razor400 wrote:
gillie wrote:
razor400 wrote:What happened at City last time Burnley beat the scum in the top flight?

Now you are teasing Razor mate.

I thought you were the gamesmaster gillie.

RAZEim pissed mate i cant renember my arswe from my elbow.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm

9secondlegend wrote:how have they managed to get away with the terrace behind the net?

They have been given special dispensation by the F.a, for this season to get it up to scratch
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Wooders wrote:they didn't really deserve to beat Birmingham last weekend either

Tottenham are a worry though...

Spuds are looking good & have depth in their squad. Filth aren't & don't. I'll settle for that for now.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Crazy_Cabbie wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:how have they managed to get away with the terrace behind the net?

They have been given special dispensation by the F.a, for this season to get it up to scratch

It's 'cause Burnley is in a time warp - their ground is actually legal back in the '50's.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby razor400 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:07 pm

gillie wrote:
razor400 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Twas 1968, mate. According to John, a very good year.
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Crazy_Cabbie wrote:

It's 'cause Burnley is in a time warp - their ground is actually legal back in the '50's.

haha made me chuckle.
last time i went there we stood down the side and the seats were steam heated (i think!)
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:18 pm

just texted my rag mate (who bated me last night with the ever insightful "Blackburn would have beaten you if you didn't have a keeper")
"Barca are a peice of piss to beat! Haven't seen the Burnley score yet, I bet you smashed them didn't you?"

no response... lolz
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 pm

razor400 wrote:
gillie wrote:
razor400 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Twas 1968, mate. According to John, a very good year.

Oh right yes. I was thinking of the last time they played 'em which was '76 I think.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:36 am

Knew we could count on Steven Jordan to do us a favour.
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:45 am

I have been convinced for the past couple of seasons that we are starting to see the decline of the rags. They may have won trophies but their form has not been great, Many games have been won by crucial goals by the tranny that has disguised how poor they have played.They have picked up many points that were completely undeserved. Their tranny has gone and for them, his goals are irreplaceable. What we are starting to witness is the rags getting what they deserve.

I look at their squad and we have nothing to fear from them...except our own fear of surpassing them and the confidence to do so.
When the penny drops, as it did in 1968, we will leave them in our wake. It is in our own hands...or minds.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:41 am

Hear hear John, hear hear!

Bacon not finding world class replacements for Tranny and Tevez, be it due to arrogance or lack of funds, is going to cost them goals and points this year, no doubt about it. You get the feeling that last season, Tevez or Tranny would have got them out of trouble late on in this one, and they'd have either got a point or grabbed all 3 with a 95th minute goal. They do still have magic in the ranks with Rooney and very occasionally Berbatov but thats about it. Scholes and Giggs are getting past it, Owens lost his pace and finishing ability, Valencia is unproven, Vidic wants to leave, Coke head keeps getting injured, Chuckle 1 is a tosser, Nani's shit, god only knows where Hargreaves is, and Foster is an accident waiting to happen. Oh what a terrible shame. :-D
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Steve » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 am

john68 wrote:I have been convinced for the past couple of seasons that we are starting to see the decline of the rags. They may have won trophies but their form has not been great, Many games have been won by crucial goals by the tranny that has disguised how poor they have played.They have picked up many points that were completely undeserved. Their tranny has gone and for them, his goals are irreplaceable. What we are starting to witness is the rags getting what they deserve.

I look at their squad and we have nothing to fear from them...except our own fear of surpassing them and the confidence to do so.
When the penny drops, as it did in 1968, we will leave them in our wake. It is in our own hands...or minds.

Right there with you John, and I have repeated the bit in bold to anyone interested in football who listen over the last couple of years. I really think they'd be stuck this season if Rooney got injured.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 am

Over the years we have looked at Arsenal an even Chelsea and thought..."They play some great football"
How many times have we looked at the rags and thought..."Fuck me the stuffy bastards have got away with it again"

Though their record of achievement would seem to show otherwise, they have in fact stolen games they should have lost. Picked up draws from almost certain defeat. For all he was a mardarse, the tranny got them points...NOT ANY MORE.

They have also been guaranteed "not to lose at the swamp" by the negative attitude of too many sides who go there frightened to attack the rags...so never do. It won't take many defeats before teams will stop being petrified of them and actually attempt to score at the swamp.

They are a "BUST CLUB", they can ill afford to strengthen their squad and their reliance on the fear factor is coming to an end.

BOO!!!! THEY DON'T SCARE ME!!!!
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Kuwait » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:51 am

WHAT A FUNNY SHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

OOOHH THATS SO HAAAAAAARD

I WANT TRONALDO :(

AND TEVEZ TOO

THE SHOW IS OVER
Kuwait
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:58 am

john68 wrote:Over the years we have looked at Arsenal an even Chelsea and thought..."They play some great football"
How many times have we looked at the rags and thought..."Fuck me the stuffy bastards have got away with it again"

Though their record of achievement would seem to show otherwise, they have in fact stolen games they should have lost. Picked up draws from almost certain defeat. For all he was a mardarse, the tranny got them points...NOT ANY MORE.

They have also been guaranteed "not to lose at the swamp" by the negative attitude of too many sides who go there frightened to attack the rags...so never do. It won't take many defeats before teams will stop being petrified of them and actually attempt to score at the swamp.

They are a "BUST CLUB", they can ill afford to strengthen their squad and their reliance on the fear factor is coming to an end.

BOO!!!! THEY DON'T SCARE ME!!!!

Well bugger me, I've just woke up & it's still 1-0 to City & Burnley.

If the rags are serious about winning the PL & aren't completely screwed financially, they'll now sign some more players, as it's been proven to them already that their squad isn't good enough. I await developments with interest.

Will the PL have the bottle to put this bunch in the place they deserve though, as Burnley did, or will they play against them with the same fear as if they were playing Best Law & Charlton like Birmingham did? That's the question. Even Burnley gave away the obligatory last min of the half penalty, purely out of rag myth panic. If rags had scored, they'd've ended up with another undeserved victory as Burnley would've cracked 2nd half.

It's not just City that needs to have the right mentality, it's everyone else in the PL not giving the rags cheap points like Brum did.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 am

The scum have owners who have sold them down the river and a manager who is clearly losing the plot.

I almost feel sorry for them.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum