Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:48 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to make a £10m offer for Real Madrid's Dutch midfielder Rafael van der Vaart. The Times

Meanwhile, Liverpool will sign Greek centre-back Sotirios Kyrgiakos, 30, from AEK Athens for £1.5m.The Times

Everton boss David Moyes will demand £30m from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott. (Daily Mail)

While Everton are close to sealing a £9m deal for Russian winger Vladimir Bystrov from Spartak Moscow. Daily Telegraph

West Ham have until Monday to come up with £7.5m for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh or the deal for the 25-year-old Moroccan international is off.The Sun

Portsmouth's French defender Sylvain Distin looks likely to complete a move to Aston Villa. The Times

And Portsmouth are offering to swap striker David Nugent for Bolton midfielder Gavin McCann and defender Danny Shittu because they cannot meet the Trotters' £3m asking price. (Daily Mirror)

Bolton are preparing a £2.5m bid for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford. (The Sun)

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is lining up a move for Borussia Moenchengladbach's Ivorian centre-back Steve Gohouri, 28, as he fears losing Chris Samba to Tottenham or Everton. (Daily Mail)

Wigan are in talks to with Crystal Palace over the signing of highly rated 18-year-old midfielder Victor Moses. (Guardian)

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez wants Belgian midfielder Ferrie Bodde in a £4m deal from former club Swansea. (Daily Mirror)

Marseille midfielder Elliot Grandin, 21, will start a trial with Stoke on Sunday. (The Sun) The Sun

Sunderland must pay Lyon £7m to make Ghana defender John Mensah's loan deal permanent next summer. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is ready to move for former Celtic defender Bobo Balde, 33, as he prepares to lose £4m-rated German Robert Huth to Stoke or Everton. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle are set lining up a bid for Sheffield United centre-back Matthew Kilgallon in case Steven Taylor leaves in the current transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

Reading have made a £1.6m bid for Watford winger Tommy Smith. (The Sun)

OTHER GOSSIP
Arsenal's Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner, 21, is set to sign a £50,000-a-week contract extension to keep him at the club until 2014.
The Sun

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.gridcrasher.com/index.php/20 ... -burkhardt

AND FINALLY
Blackburn's latest recruit, Spanish defender Michel Salgado, 33, has finally got his dream move to the Premier League - five years after turning down a switch to Chelsea. (The Sun)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:54 am

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to make a £10m offer for Real Madrid's Dutch midfielder Rafael van der Vaart. The Times

Everton boss David Moyes will demand £30m from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott. (Daily Mail)

I think this right here highlights how City are not only being taken for mugs, but also treated as the bad guys for being taken like mugs. van der Vaart is twice the player Lescott could ever hope to be and Liverpool are offering 1/3rd the price.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 am

Slim wrote:

I think this right here highlights how City are not only being taken for mugs, but also treated as the bad guys for being taken like mugs. van der Vaart is twice the player Lescott could ever hope to be and Liverpool are offering 1/3rd the price.

It's often the case when signing English players though & Real are desperate to get rid of Van der Vaart where as Everton don't want to sell, that makes a huge difference. Look at SWP to Chelsea compared to what we paid to get him back.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 am

Slim wrote:

yeah he's one of the best centre halves around
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dronny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 am

Slim wrote:

Slim, you're not really comparing like for like, we need strengthening at the back while vdV hardly fits that bill.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Vhero » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 am

No news on last nights results and the papers views? Shocking 0_o
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:12 am

Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:

Slim, you're not really comparing like for like, we need strengthening at the back while vdV hardly fits that bill.

Also think there are some very rosy views on foreign players. We see some goal flashes on telly, or good clips, usually against pants teams, and assume they will set the Premier alight. Sneider the same- 'Wow, sign him get him etc etc'.

Do we watch them week in , week out? No. And there is a long list of so-called superstars who don't make it here, headed by the mighty Shevchenko!

Reason some of these players are still available is because no-one wants them, after a pretty lousy Madrid campaign last year, in which they played a part.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby pears12 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:34 am

difference between sheva and other world class players is sheva was brilliant player and was bought by abramovich despite it being clear that mourinho didn't want anything to do with him and once mourinho left it seemed sheva's confidence was shot and was never number 1 striker. Any movement by hughes will be for signing he wants and not orchastrated by the sheik, which means he here to do a job and not be friends with chairman
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Kyle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 pm

pears12 wrote:difference between sheva and other world class players is sheva was brilliant player and was bought by abramovich despite it being clear that mourinho didn't want anything to do with him and once mourinho left it seemed sheva's confidence was shot and was never number 1 striker. Any movement by hughes will be for signing he wants and not orchastrated by the sheik, which means he here to do a job and not be friends with chairman

Yeah I am so happy with our owner compared to Abromovich at Chelsea. Yes he gave them lots of money and they won some trophies, but as soon as Abromovich leaves, Chelsea has to pay him back for all the money he "loaned" them. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be pissed at Abromovich for making purchases like Shevchenko which no coach wanted and then just have him sitting around after paying such a rediculious sum of money which the club has to pay back. Yeah we pretty much have the best owners out there.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Lewis Hamilton definitely got rid of the correct WAG when he was in the midst of two-timing
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum