a new dawn...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

a new dawn...

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 am

well, we've seen plenty of these quickly become false. some observations on why this has a different feel.

put aside the immense mega-wealth. hilarious though it is. and is the main reason why this is no false dawn. it's for real, these arabs mean it and khaldoun looks THE kingmaker to me. anyway...

you buy a citroen, you get a citroen. you buy a bmw, you get a bmw. you buy samaras, you get a slow shitbag. you buy sibierski and you get a man with no football talent whatsoever, and no, he was shite in the air too. you buy tevez and you get tevez. i thought he was brilliant in the first half. he's one of those players who holds it and then finds one of your own players. he will be huge for city. as for adebayor, that fella is a massive specimen and could form a devatating due with tev, ala toshack and keegan. city have bought real quality and are shopping at the bmw dealership.

ireland is, officially, the new johnny giles, one of the all-time greats. i cannot say much more to heap praise on stevie than that. he is an amazing footballer and is, what, 20? i'd give him a 10 year deal today.

given is the best we have had since corrigan. if he could take more control of crosses, he'd be better than joe. and joe was a fantastic keepr.

toure is pure, unadulterated class. i thought he stood out saturday and did last night. arsenal are absolutely crazy for selling him and ade, totally out of their minds.

onuoha could captain england. years ago, i thought he was better than richards, even when micah was in his early pomp and ned was injury prone. i think we can all see now that ned is, in fact, class. what a player he is and what a player he is going to be. awesome power.

too many good things to list here. best city side, on paper, since 77, maybe including 77. they finished runners-up that year. this could be the best side we have had (could be, we'll see) since the 68 team. happy days!

our wing options are incredible, we have internationals everywhere and world class acts in each area of the team. the clincher is this...city are the quickest side in the league. our front 6, whichever combo, is devastatingly quick. pace = wins. it's the premier leagues most simple equation. no pace, forget it. city have it in spades.

whatever happens, city will take someone for 7 or 8 this year. could be hull at home, birmingham, portsmouth. someone is going to get it, for sure, 100%.

michael.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: a new dawn...

Postby trueblue64 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 am

Fuck me I had a hard on reading that, but yes it is true I feel we will do something great this season.
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:37 am

You facking Minx,you just gave me a hard on.

Right come finish me off.

;-)
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 am

s1ty m wrote:well, we've seen plenty of these quickly become false. some observations on why this has a different feel.

put aside the immense mega-wealth. hilarious though it is. and is the main reason why this is no false dawn. it's for real, these arabs mean it and khaldoun looks THE kingmaker to me. anyway...

you buy a citroen, you get a citroen. you buy a bmw, you get a bmw. you buy samaras, you get a slow shitbag. you buy sibierski and you get a man with no football talent whatsoever, and no, he was shite in the air too. you buy tevez and you get tevez. i thought he was brilliant in the first half. he's one of those players who holds it and then finds one of your own players. he will be huge for city. as for adebayor, that fella is a massive specimen and could form a devatating due with tev, ala toshack and keegan. city have bought real quality and are shopping at the bmw dealership.

ireland is, officially, the new johnny giles, one of the all-time greats. i cannot say much more to heap praise on stevie than that. he is an amazing footballer and is, what, 20? i'd give him a 10 year deal today.

given is the best we have had since corrigan. if he could take more control of crosses, he'd be better than joe. and joe was a fantastic keepr.

toure is pure, unadulterated class. i thought he stood out saturday and did last night. arsenal are absolutely crazy for selling him and ade, totally out of their minds.

onuoha could captain england. years ago, i thought he was better than richards, even when micah was in his early pomp and ned was injury prone. i think we can all see now that ned is, in fact, class. what a player he is and what a player he is going to be. awesome power.

too many good things to list here. best city side, on paper, since 77, maybe including 77. they finished runners-up that year. this could be the best side we have had (could be, we'll see) since the 68 team. happy days!

our wing options are incredible, we have internationals everywhere and world class acts in each area of the team. the clincher is this...city are the quickest side in the league. our front 6, whichever combo, is devastatingly quick. pace = wins. it's the premier leagues most simple equation. no pace, forget it. city have it in spades.

whatever happens, city will take someone for 7 or 8 this year. could be hull at home, birmingham, portsmouth. someone is going to get it, for sure, 100%.

michael.

Lets hope it's Wolves on Saturday!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 am

Top post and pretty much sums up what every City fan is thinking at the moment

I actually get butterflies in my stomach when I think of Satuday against Wolves...it's like my old bird City has had an extreme makeover and is looking like when I first fell in love with her but better
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 am

Quality post.
Unfortunately, being only twenty three, I can only compare the current squad to the shite we’ve all had to watch for the past few years. And really the past squads do not compare one bit. When we first moved in to COMS we were playing in Europe with David Seaman in goal and Sun Jihai and Sommeil in defence! We’ve come a hell of a long way since then.

I honestly never thought I’d see City win a trophy and in the back of my head there’s still that mentality of ‘Oh it’s City, something will go wrong’ but I’m more optimistic of us winning something these days. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 am

Difficult to compare players from different generations and different circumstances - foreign players etc.

Let's stick with the Star Wars analogy - 'A New Hope', because as we all know the 'Return of the Jedi' (good City players) ends with the total collapse and destruction of the Evil Empire and Darth Taggart.

Cool!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sweenyuk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

We really need to crank up the atmosphere on Saturday against Wolves. We are looking at a full house again and if we can rasie the roof then Wolves will be a walk in the park for our players. The determination of our defence last night was excellent and at home to a weaker team we would expect to play an attacking formation. Roll on Saturday, I can't wait
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:28 am

I quite like this new dawn business.
It feels better than all the other new dawns we've had.

I do actually think there might be some significance in last night.
I was reading in the Telegraph on Saturday (I'd swiped it off another passenger on the train back from Newcastle) that last season Filth took 58 points out of 60 against sides in the bottom half of the table. It was suggested that this was where they won the title and it more than compensated for not doing so well against the other Sky 4 clubs.Well they aint gonna do that this season. ( maybe Burnley will finish top half I suppose)
I have suspected they haven't replaced the players they needed to, and it looks like they have might have lost the ability to be flat track bullies. In the meantime, friendly or otherwise, we have had two very decent results away from home. And we think we're gonna get better.
Come On Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I quite like this new dawn business.
It feels better than all the other new dawns we've had.

I do actually think there might be some significance in last night.
I was reading in the Telegraph on Saturday (I'd swiped it off another passenger on the train back from Newcastle) that last season Filth took 58 points out of 60 against sides in the bottom half of the table. It was suggested that this was where they won the title and it more than compensated for not doing so well against the other Sky 4 clubs.Well they aint gonna do that this season. ( maybe Burnley will finish top half I suppose)
I have suspected they haven't replaced the players they needed to, and it looks like they have might have lost the ability to be flat track bullies. In the meantime, friendly or otherwise, we have had two very decent results away from home. And we think we're gonna get better.
Come On Blues.

I love the way you don't want us to think you read the telegraph!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 am

Cough cough, union man buying the Torygraph? That would never do.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Cough cough, union man buying the Torygraph? That would never do.

beats the grauniad, a once great paper ruined by david lacey and the army of rag worshippers that write in it these days.

i take the point about difficulties comparing different generations, but it is worth doing for fun. back in 77, we used to expect to win games, that was the thing. same now, i am expecting city to win, attack and play with skill and speed. and they will. why? because we buy bmw's not citroens, it's how it's done. it's what the rags and the others have done, so we are following suit. sprinkle some quality home growns, ie what the rags did, and away we go.

except for 1 minor detail...we are richer than europes top 50 clubs ADDED TOGETHER. with billions of change.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Seems like the club got a hard on aswell. You are up in the fans section s1ty!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Post of the year sir!.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:44 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Seems like the club got a hard on aswell. You are up in the fans section s1ty!!

Okay, one of the old farts was up there as well apparently....I cant fucking find a damn thing apart from Noel's first game, where's the fans bits?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Slim wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Seems like the club got a hard on aswell. You are up in the fans section s1ty!!

Okay, one of the old farts was up there as well apparently....I cant fucking find a damn thing apart from Noel's first game, where's the fans bits?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/

In one of the boxes on the home page. You can use the "this is your city" section at the bottom to add or remove sections.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby viking the Odd » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Yep, all is wonderfull,but why would I and most city fans not be supprised if we lost at home to Wolves on Saturday, It's going to take along time to possibily re-adjust my ' Typical City' attitude. I am not one for rollercoaster, I just want a fantastic journey, We deserve it....
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

I wonder if they will put up my response to it.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

I wonder if they will put up my response to it.

Certainly reflects the views of the fans. You might be in with a shout!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Cheers Maine Man.

Viking, that is the mentality we used to have but in the past we would have lost against Blackburn, maybe we would have knocked in the early one and the fans would go nuts over another false dawn. Then Blackburn would turn the screws and we'd crack, they'd follow it up with another and our heads would hang and all that expectation would be shot to pieces before it got started. But we got the win and I think we can absolutely follow it up on Saturday. In the past we'd struggle and draw or scrape out a 1-0 win, with the talent we have I see no reason we can't put 2 or 3 past Wolves.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum