a new dawn...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: a new dawn...

Postby Rae4685 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Would be extra special for me if we stuff wolves cos the owners of the company where I work are big fans there all goin the match so ill get to enjoy there misery on sunday morning in the sales briefing! Or ill get sacked for smiling!!! Either way it'll bw worth it. These are good good times!!!!!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Shegelu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 pm

s1ty m wrote:well, we've seen plenty of these quickly become false. some observations on why this has a different feel.

ireland is, officially, the new johnny giles, one of the all-time greats. i cannot say much more to heap praise on stevie than that. he is an amazing footballer and is, what, 20? i'd give him a 10 year deal today..

The pass Sooperman did to set up Petrov's goal was pure class. Stevie should be with us for life like Giggs at the Rags.

given is the best we have had since corrigan. if he could take more control of crosses, he'd be better than joe. and joe was a fantastic keepr.

I agree, Given's reactions are razor sharp. I'll bet he's well made up that he got out of the black&whites in time.

toure is pure, unadulterated class. i thought he stood out saturday and did last night. arsenal are absolutely crazy for selling him and ade, totally out of their minds.

I still can't believe how Toure managed to cover both micah's and dunny's asses on saturday. They need to up their game to keep in the team with him.

onuoha could captain england. years ago, i thought he was better than richards, even when micah was in his early pomp and ned was injury prone. i think we can all see now that ned is, in fact, class. what a player he is and what a player he is going to be. awesome power..

Ned is like a rock. I don't think we need lescott myself. Just start Ned more often & leave Dunny as sub.

too many good things to list here. best city side, on paper, since 77, maybe including 77. they finished runners-up that year. this could be the best side we have had (could be, we'll see) since the 68 team. happy days!

Def the best side that I've known in my life. 77 team was just when I started to watch football, so I can't comment on them. But we now have the least amount of lightweights ever. Our only weak points now are in defence of course. Everyone talks about central defence weakness, but I reckon our fullbacks are also pulling light right now, particularly in attack. Both Micah & Bridge are supposed to be worldclass but Micah still hasn't regained his form of 18 months ago and Bridge has never been consistent. If they can up their game, then we got a Champions League side.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Seems like the club got a hard on aswell. You are up in the fans section s1ty!!

eh, what, eh? lol. can't find a thing maine man...please advise.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

s1ty m wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Seems like the club got a hard on aswell. You are up in the fans section s1ty!!

eh, what, eh? lol. can't find a thing maine man...please advise.

Just go on the main page & scroll toward the bottom right hand corner, there's a box with 'fans point of view' & it links to your post on here.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:08 pm

got it, thanks blues.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ronk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Lets hope it's Wolves on Saturday!

Let's hope that it's a month from today.
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:37 pm

ronk wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Lets hope it's Wolves on Saturday!

Let's hope that it's a month from today.

I'm greedy. Lets hope it's both - and a few more as well.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:Difficult to compare players from different generations and different circumstances - foreign players etc.

Let's stick with the Star Wars analogy - 'A New Hope', because as we all know the 'Return of the Jedi' (good City players) ends with the total collapse and destruction of the Evil Empire and Darth Taggart.

Cool!

What an apt name for the red nosed twat, Darth Taggart. Well done John, that made me piss myself laughing
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:48 pm

I love how the media slated us when we got taken over saying the owners would move the club futher away from the average fan but theve actully brought it 10 times closer!. Nice one City.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Funny thing this season - Im old enough to have seen many new dawns at City but its easy to see why this one is different. Most new dawns are just a new owner promising to invest a few million or a new manager with an impressive cv

This time we have a new manager who is rich enough to make us what he wants - and he wants us to be amongst, if not the, best team(s) in the world

The only thing that is holding us back is the our progress up the ranks of elite football clubs.

When we can offer new signings europe we will sign better players, champs league even better and a title or two and we will sign the best - the best in the world

I really do believe that our journey over the next few years will be sensational and that our rise to the worlds football elite is unstoppable

but.......

Last saturday waiting for kick off away to rovers I was already asking mother if she was likely to be offering a boil wash service any time in the near future.

You see every time we have had a new dawn since the late 70s it has always been a false dawn. My memory is still too good and my sense of self protection is still too strong to actually allow me to really believe that this is actually it.

But we won 0-2 and then 0-1 and now im starting to hope - and thats the way i like it - within the next few years we will start to expect - and that will be a shame - I have never envied the top 4 who can finish 2nd and still be classed as underachievers

We have a very enjoyable 2 or 3 years ahead of us - make the most of them - they will be very very special memories
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum