McCarthy has a swipe at us (Of sorts)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

McCarthy has a swipe at us (Of sorts)

Postby City1970 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Looks like our old CB is having a go as well now, about how we have changed things.

Its a shame cos I always liked him. I would of liked him more if he had butted K**ne when they kicked off at each other at the world cup in 2002.

http://www.4thegame.com/club/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/news/244595/mccarthy_takes_swipe_at_city.html
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Re: McCarthy has a swipe at us (Of sorts)

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm

aside from bellemy, de jong and bridge in a notoriously tricky january transfer window who have we overpaid for exactly? I expected better from Mick to be honest, he'd have loved to have been given the oppo to manage us through all this
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby City1970 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Wooders wrote:aside from bellemy, de jong and bridge in a notoriously tricky january transfer window who have we overpaid for exactly? I expected better from Mick to be honest, he'd have loved to have been given the oppo to manage us through all this

Maybe its the amount of players we have bought, for the amount we have bought them for.

When Scummers, or scouse buy two players for £50 Mil its ok, perfectly acceptable. We buy 5 players for £95 mil, and were suddenly the bastards of the prem.
City1970

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Club he once loved????

He played three (I seem to remember four??) seasons for us. We were in second division, then got promoted, stayed there barely for one season and then we were relegated. Dick. Does that arsewipe really think WE miss being constantly relegated and being shit???

And how the fuck does he "love" us? He didn't came through youth set up (was bought somewhere, can't remember) and then moved to Celtic.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Barnsley he came from.

To an extent he is right. Clubs would rather sell to us becasue they know we have got more money than anyone else.

To an extent he's talking through his sheepshagging yorkshire arse, as they are not in the market for the same players we are.

Bless him. No doubting he was a good centre-half for us back in the day but now he is nothing. Most Blues under 30 will only know him as a bloke who once had an argument with an Irish rag.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Why does he feel the need to open his big gob? Then trotting out the same ol unumaginitive Sky 4 crap propaganda. No need for it at all.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Club he once loved????

He played three (I seem to remember four??) seasons for us. We were in second division, then got promoted, stayed there barely for one season and then we were relegated. Dick. Does that arsewipe really think WE miss being constantly relegated and being shit???

And how the fuck does he "love" us? He didn't came through youth set up (was bought somewhere, can't remember) and then moved to Celtic.

Just taking his turn at having a swipe mate don't let it get to you, he was one of the most average players to have played for us. Actions always speak louder than words, we will show this on Saterday i'm sure.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Why does he feel the need to open his big gob? Then trotting out the same ol unumaginitive Sky 4 crap propaganda. No need for it at all.

He was probably asked. But of course in the report it makes it look as if he brought the subject up.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Club he once loved????

Barnsley of course!

Remember going to Millwall when he was manager to watch a game as I was in London. Boy did they hate him.

We'll get a lot of this before home matches this reason. 'Reasons for losing' coming out in advance.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City1970 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Sky Exec - Hey mick, have a go a city for us, and we will make sure that your team get a few more live games this season, and of course, extra revenue.

Mick M. - But I played for city for a few seasons, and i dont want to upset the fans.

Sky Exec - Yeah but think of the players you can bhuy, next year with the extra money. If you stay in the prem next season, you will have some real money to buy top players. Plus Fergiscum will probably love you, and send you some of his players on a free or loan. How about it?.

Mick M - Right. OK. What do you want me to say???
City1970

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

To be fair to Mick, he doesn't actually say anything too bad. We've had threads on this very site discussing how we have changed in our approach, being more professional in all our dealings, and how we are not going to be 'same old City' etc.
He doesn't actually say he thinks it's a bad thing.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Murph » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:To an extent he's talking through his sheepshagging yorkshire arse, as they are not in the market for the same players we are.

Spot on. Roy Hodgson was asked a few weeks ago if City were making the transfer market more difficult? He said yes, but not for the likes of us, because we aren't in the market for the type of players that City are in for. He then added the clubs who City are making life more difficult for are the likes of the rags, chelsea, dippers and arse. Perhaps Mick is trying to cover up his own shortcoming's this window by trying to shift the blame on us.
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 pm

keep em coming. This type of bullshit will drive us on even more.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Fish111 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm

He's hardly having a swipe imo. I think he's just bemoaning his own clubs position and their ability to buy or keep players. I cannot see how our transfer dealings would have affected Wolves transfer policy, we are hardly going to be going for the same players were we. I cannot see him phoning up a journo telling them he needs to get something off his chest about City. The game with Wolves is this weekend as he's obviously been asked a leading question about us and thats his response, jealous and easy journalism as usual.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum