Old City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Old City

Postby Crossie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Old City would go and loose to Wolves on saturday.
All the positivity, good results, happy players, happy fans, an expected win, would result in a dull loss, and everyone would point and laugh and say "typical City".

What can new City do?

Fucking blitz Wolves I hope, they have their first point of the season, they might relax a little, be abit more adventurous, and hopefully get a fucking stuffing 4 or 5-0.

Come on boys push on and put us back at the top of the league
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Old City

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Slim made a relevant comment in another thread. Old City would have lost at Blackburn after the excitement and hope of the early goal.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 pm

True, you can see the grit and determination in our team already. Old City would have scored first against Barca only to go on and lose 4-1.

We have a number of players in the team now who really, really hate to lose whereas years gone by our players mindset was that of 'oh well what can you do?'

With the likes of Given, Toure, Barry, Ireland, Bellamy, Tevez there are six players who never let their head drop no matter what is happening.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Wolves WILL NOT come to Eastlands and play open football,not a chance.

The onus will be on us to break them down big time,difference is we now have much better tools to do the job.

I think we will win but it wont be a hammering maybe 2-0 2-1.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:21 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:With the likes of Given, Toure, Barry, Ireland, Bellamy, Tevez there are six players who never let their head drop no matter what is happening.

Think you can add SWeeP to that as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Scatman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:27 pm

when was the last time old city had a striker who would have had a go from where ade scored the other day?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby TrueBlue82 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:28 pm

after the blackburn and barca games im over the (blue) moon but still worried the old city will rear there head against wolves and bring us all crashing down to reality again. please god dont let this happen.

last nights game, although a "friendly" (and i use that term loosely, you could see messi's dissapointment when he collected the runners up trophy) was a massive win for us especially confidence wise. just hop that one day soon that is the chumps leage final and the same result.

lets beat wolves sat, dont care if its not a thrashing, a 1-0/2-0 would do me, just need to keep this momentum going and not lose a game for a long time. although real test will be when we do how we bounce back.
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:With the likes of Given, Toure, Barry, Ireland, Bellamy, Tevez there are six players who never let their head drop no matter what is happening.

Nope, unfortunately not, his head drops very quickly when the going gets tough which is a shame.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:53 pm

On the flip side, NEW City...........

I was so pleased that WE scored in injury time on Saturday, now that's what the like of Scouse and RAGS have been doing, giving everything until the final whistle and not thinkiing about bath time at 80 minutes.

How many games did Scouse win/rescue something from in injury time last season???

I'm certainly looking forward to more of that this season from our players and who was it? Superman of course!
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

Nope, unfortunately not, his head drops very quickly when the going gets tough which is a shame.

I've seen that too, love the little guy but he is not the gritty determination player that will drag us to a 1-0 `90+2 win when we aren't playing well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum