How to win friends and influence people

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How to win friends and influence people

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

"We are probably a million miles away from that at this point in time, the scoreline suggests that.

"There is no excuse for not working hard enough and not working towards the gameplan and one or two didn't.

"We were at full tilt with everything we did but they looked in total control. The gulf was there for everyone to see.

"We certainly need better players. We need players that are going to do the job for Hull City to the best of their ability and are going to listen to instructions I give before we go out there.

"We need everyone in the camp singing from the same hymnsheet."

Hull have not won in 12 Premier League games stretching back to March and only once at all in 2009.

They were handed a tough opening to the new campaign with a trip to Chelsea followed by a home clash against Spurs but already there is cause for concern.

"I think we were working but not working with any kind of thought process," Brown said.

"Too many individuals out there weren't listening to instructions, weren't listening to gameplans and consequently they played around us too easily.

"Chelsea away and Tottenham at home were two very difficult games to get anything from.

"Now the pressure is on us to get a point or points on Saturday and the same at Wolves a week later."

Hull's poor start meant they were 2-0 down after just 14 minutes and striker Daniel Cousin was substituted soon after.

The introduction of Geovanni in his place briefly revived Hull and Stephen Hunt pulled a goal back but Spurs were eventually convincing winners as Jermain Defoe completed a hat-trick.

Cousin looked very unimpressed as he was taken off but Brown insisted he had no issue with his performance.

Brown said: "I would be disappointed. He obviously didn't understand it was a tactical decision so he's hurting.

"But I didn't bring him off, the players who let the side down brought Daniel Cousin off."

Looks like Mr Tango has been taking tips of Moyes on how to effectively manage your players!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: How to win friends and influence people

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Looks like we might see him keeping his players out on the pitch at half time again. I think that may have been a turning point for them.

He could be the first manager to go if they don't pick up a win soon.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:Looks like we might see him keeping his players out on the pitch at half time again. I think that may have been a turning point for them.

He could be the first manager to go if they don't pick up a win soon.

I think there's no question at all it WAS a turning point for them - Brown must be rueing his braindead actions that day. Would he have done the same had any of the Sky 4 been 4-0 up at halftime? Would he eckaslike! Total disrespect for our team and I hope that clown continues to get his comeuppance this season.
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm

PS - Hopefully when they're relegated Sky will stop showing that most cringeworthy of moments when Brown sang on the pitch at the end of last season - Aaagh it's painful viewing!
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:00 pm

ugh, can't stand phil brown, all platitudes and cliches ala stuart pearce. all old school 'pull yourselves together, dust ourselves down, take each game as it comes' nonsense. football is not a bteer game because of brown or hull, who will be battered out of this division this year, evidently. good.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby razor400 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 pm

He's like a shit Mourino impersonator.
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby chorleyblue123 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:PS - Hopefully when they're relegated Sky will stop showing that most cringeworthy of moments when Brown sang on the pitch at the end of last season - Aaagh it's painful viewing!

Hopefully they show it if they get relegated. It will show him up as an even bigger tit.
[center]Image[/center]
chorleyblue123
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Horatio Caine

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

He's my 1st manager sacked in the predictions comp the Roar have put on for us, I'm loving this start.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum