Training 21/8

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training 21/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 pm

The good news today was that we effectively have a full squad to pick from for tomorrow and all were out training. Just Johnson and RSC not training. It was an afternoon session today and those 2 might have done some work earlier but the news later was that they are both progressing well. Johnson isn't getting reactions so I am starting to get really hopeful.

All the warm up routines as usual and everyone seemed in excellent spirits. Hell if they aren't now what chance is there! They finished with the keep ball circles which were great fun and even Martin Petrov was having a laugh ( sorry Martin) Before moving into some football practice they just kicked a ball around in 2's and 3's and in the goal nearest me SWP was shooting with Ade in goal! His attempt to wrong foot him from a penalty failed miserably with SWP saying " look at ths size of your legs" as his excuse for a crap pen.

The football was mostly all about attacking in waves away from us into the other goal and by this time the heavens had opened. It was a real monsoon and made a few watchers give up but a few of us stuck it out in the trees with one brolly to share. I did offer to get inside the fence and cover Hughes but it was turned down. A horrendous thunder clash made us question being there with a brolly , under trees and next to a metal fence!! Still they wouldn't let us inside and they say they care about the fans!

After the attacking work a little time was spent on defending long throws. I got the impression that it was something that will have been covered inside and this was follow up on the pitch.The it was back into a quick game scenario for a few minutes before it all ended. A few then stayed back for some shooting practice as others left. SWP/Ade/Rob/Weiss/Bellers amongst them.

Another good session and MB gave us a few minutes of his time. They are all buzzing with the 2 games so far and even tho Barca was only a friendly is was a great exercise which has so may benefits and augurs well. Apparently the Sheik ( not sure who or which one ) was at the game in Barca and they scheduled to meet him in the morning at the training ground there.They were there in 44 degrees in the open air and he turned up late! All a bit tiring but great to have the meeting.

The game experience will also have been great too. Barca look to win that game as the records show and it is a big deal for them with a massive crowd and introductions to the crowd of all sorts of people associated with the club. A shout to Vlad from somebody when he came close brought a very broad smile and a thank you.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training 20/8

Postby City1970 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks for that Doug.
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 pm

As always cheers for the report!

QQ... when you said full squad did that include Vinnie?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby shawzy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Cheers DH..Just thought id point out it is the 21st today hehe
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:06 pm

shawzy wrote:Cheers DH..Just thought id point out it is the 21st today hehe

DOUGLAS OUT!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

thanks.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:As always cheers for the report!

QQ... when you said full squad did that include Vinnie?

No not yet. He is ahead of schedule but still will be a few weeks
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Murph » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

City's sky text page were saying Ade and Robbie were doubts for Wolves, thanks for putting the record straight Doug. Excellent report as per..
Murph
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Murph wrote:City's sky text page were saying Ade and Robbie were doubts for Wolves, thanks for putting the record straight Doug. Excellent report as per..

Probably because they were left out of the Barca match, usual lazy SSN reporting.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Murph wrote:City's sky text page were saying Ade and Robbie were doubts for Wolves, thanks for putting the record straight Doug. Excellent report as per..

Looks like I will have Bellers after me then
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Slim wrote:

DOUGLAS OUT!

Doh! Is it possible to change thread headings?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Slim wrote:

DOUGLAS OUT!

Yeah, just edit the top post.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Top post as ever DH thanks.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Slim wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Slim wrote:

DOUGLAS OUT!

Yeah, just edit the top post.

Indeed. Top post DH.
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Training 21/8

Postby trout man » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Top post Doug, thanks. Its great getting these personal insights into the club and players.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Where was my mention Roy haha. Nah it was the ultimate boss of Dubai at the Nou camp wasnt it. Someone nicknamed the shake or is that his real name haha. Something about him being the crown prince of Dubai or something, I dont know but Bowen said something like that. Petrovs little evil giggle too in training every time he scores haha. And you forgot to mention haha while we was standing under the tress and we heard the thunder and NMT responded with the words yooooooooooooo. Haha that made me leaugh.

Anyway yes it was a good training session and everyone looked fit and healty and raring to go by the sounds of it.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Where was my mention Roy haha. Nah it was the ultimate boss of Dubai at the Nou camp wasnt it. Someone nicknamed the shake or is that his real name haha. Something about him being the crown prince of Dubai or something, I dont know but Bowen said something like that. Petrovs little evil giggle too in training every time he scores haha. And you forgot to mention haha while we was standing under the tress and we heard the thunder and NMT responded with the words yooooooooooooo. Haha that made me leaugh.

Anyway yes it was a good training session and everyone looked fit and healty and raring to go by the sounds of it.

10 days and it will be a year since the takeover and some people still can't differentiate between AD and Dubai.

Sheikh, Mission Failed !!
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Where was my mention Roy haha. Nah it was the ultimate boss of Dubai at the Nou camp wasnt it. Someone nicknamed the shake or is that his real name haha. Something about him being the crown prince of Dubai or something, I dont know but Bowen said something like that. Petrovs little evil giggle too in training every time he scores haha. And you forgot to mention haha while we was standing under the tress and we heard the thunder and NMT responded with the words yooooooooooooo. Haha that made me leaugh.

Jesus Christ Lewis, will you stop laughing at your own posts!!

You laughed at yourself FIVE TIMES in this post alone.

Nobody is that fucking funny mate :)
Original Dub

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Jesus Christ Lewis, will you stop laughing at your own posts!!

You laughed at yourself FIVE TIMES in this post alone.

Nobody is that fucking funny mate :)

Nah i am not laughing at my own posts mate. I am just laughing at that exact moment Dub but yes i will stop if it makes you happy.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum