Match Day Programme

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Match Day Programme

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 am

The Goat has a column init called "Read the Goat" amongst other things.
Buzzing to hear that the club have kept in touch with all the boys from the hard times. Should be a very interesting read every other week.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Match Day Programme

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:28 pm

everything the club does is class now, garry cook knows what he's doing...

feed the goat!!!
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:12 pm

I can't believe they sold out of programmes! :o(
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:28 pm

King Kev wrote:I can't believe they sold out of programmes! :o(

ive got 1, if you want it £10 ha ha ha
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby rick1894citizen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:41 pm

I know yeah, couldn't be arsed queing whilst i had beer's to get but went in store afterwards and they'd sold out :o(
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beeks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Programme is quality! It's like a fooking book...very weighty!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Programme is quality! It's like a fooking book...very weighty!

Indeed best programme in the Prem.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Programme is quality! It's like a fooking book...very weighty!

Don't suppose anyone could let us know what Read The Goat had to say could you??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:

A couple of Red Dippers I know wish their prog was as good as ours.....and that was from last season.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 am

Manx Blue wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

A couple of Red Dippers I know wish their prog was as good as ours.....and that was from last season.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't last season's version voted best football programme in the Prem (/UK)??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:42 am

The club shop sell them kev if you really want one.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:16 am

ant london wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

Don't suppose anyone could let us know what Read The Goat had to say could you??

No probs Ant pal, this is what he had to say...

Read The Goat

Bet you weren't expecting to hear from me in your matchday programme! Well, here I am and it's great to be working for the club again - in any type of capacity - and i'm happy to say i'll be here all season giving my views on the blues in my new colum.
I don't have to say that City are never far from my heart and i've kept up with everything that's been happening since I left England for Bermuda - and it seems it's all been happening!.
The eyes and ears of the world have been on City in the past few months and everyone's got thier opinion on how we're going to do. So it's great that i'll be able to share my thoughts with you over the coming season.
For me, the most exciting thing is going to be watching how Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor settle in. It's funny because my old pal Kyle Lightbourne is an Arsenal fan and for the last few years I've always said how highly I rated Adebayor to him, never realising he's be a City player one day.
I think he is a terrific buy and if he can produce the same quality and form he showed in an Arsenal shirt Hughes has got himself one hell of a player. He has that element of suprise to his game - an unpredictability that can produce moments of brilliance from seemingly harmless situations.
As for Carlos Tevez... Well, for me, he can't fail. He's got the one thing English fans - and particularly City supporters love, and that's endeavour. I think the fans will love him because even if he's not having the best of games with the ball, his effort and the never-say-die attitude he shows each time he plays will make him an instant crown favourite.
I can tell you that the Man United fans here in Bermuda weren't happy with him leaving the Reds - and if any doubters out there wondering about an ex-United player prospering at City, just remember I started out at Old Trafford and things didn't turn out too badly for me, did they?.
I also have a great deal of admiration for Kolo Toure who will bring a wealth of leadership and experience to the City defence this season - I think he'll be a real asset in the coming months.
And Gareth Barry looked like he'd been patrolling our midfield for years on his debut at Blackburn and, again, I think signing a player of such quality is a real coup for the club.
So how are things going to pan out? Well, time will tell, but if we can make a real good start - and i'm talking about something like six wins from our first eight - I'm telling you, this team could really fly this season.
We'll need to beat Wolves today to keep the momentum going from the win at Blackburn and though I don't want to predict a result every week, i'll go for a 3-0 win this afternoon. Put a fiver on it and, it you win, have one on me!. See you against Arsenal...
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks very much for doing that 10G, really appreciate it

Ah, class to hear from Shaun....I'll always fondly remember the Goat as long as I live....no matter how many megastars we sign. He was and is a class act.

What a great signing by the club to get him doing this.....think it's safe to assume he'll be doing it for free (or if not, that his fee goes to some charity or other). A true gentleman
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum