Calum Davenport

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Calum Davenport

Postby Steve » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Did I just hear that right, him and his mother were stabbed in their home last night. In hospital and critical? Terrible stuff. Good luck lad, pull through.

Is this really true?
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Re: Calum Davenport

Postby Steve » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Serious, not critical. Don't know if that is significant

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1764772,00.html

incredible though.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Steve wrote:Serious, not critical. Don't know if that is significant

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1764772,00.html

incredible though.

Serious would imply it's not life threatening, which is a small crumb of comfort. Dreadful to hear, though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Bloodyl.
Some jealous people about these days.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Absolutely frightening story.
Hope he and his mum get well soon.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:59 pm

In your own fucking home? These cunts should be jailed for life. No, in fact scratch that, hung.

I need to get my hands on some stun guns and start selling them in Britain with all this shit going on I'll make a fortune.
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Shocking stuff this I wish him all the best.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Apparently one of the attackers was Davenport's sister's boyfriend. Fucked up.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 am

they reckon he might lose a leg. Shocking, my thoughts go out to him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby pears12 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:20 am

what a bunch of scum-bags to stab someone in their own home.. I hope they get jailed for a very very long time
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby roadkill2487 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:38 am

whats up with all the stabbings that happen in the UK? We use guns in the USA...

all jokes aside, I hope him and his mum get better. it's insane what still happens in this world today.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 am

Career over, very sad thing to happen to a professional.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beanieboy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 am

shocking,...especially in your own home. hope the guy comes out of it ok......the only suitable punishment for scum cunts like that is being hung by their bollocks and repeatedly sliced with a razor and rubbed with salt over a period of a year.....and finish it up with a gang rape and slaughtering by wild dogs
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 am

2 lads have been questioned one has been charged with attempted murder i think, shocking all round
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Beanieboy wrote:shocking,...especially in your own home. hope the guy comes out of it ok......the only suitable punishment for scum cunts like that is being hung by their bollocks and repeatedly sliced with a razor and rubbed with salt over a period of a year.....and finish it up with a gang rape and slaughtering by wild dogs

Brutal..Iv heard that many years ago, in Germany or something, if someone really fooked about they would hang them upside down and saw from their arse downwards.Becuause they are upside down the blood is still flowing to the head which stops them from passin out..GRIM!! That would prob also be suitable enough for them.Im sure if they brought something like that back people would suddenly start behaving themselves..

Hope he gets well and can play again.Terrible thing to happen to anyone and shows that there are so many nutters out there.Stabbings are far too commen these days and its mad that someone could do such a thing!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Esky » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 pm

West Ham's Calum Davenport May Have Leg Amputated After Stabbing Attack
The career of the West Ham man may come to a tragic end following the horrific stabbing attack yesterday…
23-Aug-2009 12:30:21 PM
EPL:Calum Davenport , West Ham United - Blackburn Rovers (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
EPL:Calum Davenport , West Ham United - Blackburn Rovers (PA)
Doctors are fighting to save the left leg of West Ham defender Calum Davenport after he was stabbed several times by thugs yesterday morning, while relatives have told Goal.com that he will never play football again.

The 26-year-old Davenport and his mother Kim, 49, were both attacked outside their homes in Springfield Avenue, Bedford at 5am yesterday morning. Calum was stabbed several times in both legs and was rushed to hospital along with his mother.

A main artery in Calum’s left leg was severed, causing him to lose pints of blood, and he was forced to undergo emergency surgery yesterday as doctors battled not only to save his leg but also his life.

There are still fears that Calum may have to have his left leg amputated, with the next 24-48 hours being crucial, while relatives have told Goal.com that the West Ham star “probably will never play football ever again”.

Goal.com sources have learned that the attackers deliberately targeted Davenport’s legs in an attempt to end his professional career. The motive for the attack is unclear, but it has been suggested that Calum was involved in a family row shortly before the incident and that he had told his sister Cara, 28, who was also at the house at the time of the attack, that he "didn’t like the crowd she was mixing with”.

Reminiscent of a gangster movie, there is currently a police guard outside the private hospital room Calum is being treated in. The ex-Coventry player’s mother is also in a “serious” condition in hospital with stomach wounds.

Two men are currently in police custody connected with the attack. A 19-year-old man and a 25-year-old man, the latter who has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Completely vile and repugnant. Truly hope these people get their dues as soon as possible - in no way can this case be left to go without conviction.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Esky wrote:West Ham's Calum Davenport May Have Leg Amputated After Stabbing Attack
The career of the West Ham man may come to a tragic end following the horrific stabbing attack yesterday…
23-Aug-2009 12:30:21 PM
EPL:Calum Davenport , West Ham U***d - Blackburn Rovers (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
EPL:Calum Davenport , West Ham U***d - Blackburn Rovers (PA)
Doctors are fighting to save the left leg of West Ham defender Calum Davenport after he was stabbed several times by thugs yesterday morning, while relatives have told Goal.com that he will never play football again.

The 26-year-old Davenport and his mother Kim, 49, were both attacked outside their homes in Springfield Avenue, Bedford at 5am yesterday morning. Calum was stabbed several times in both legs and was rushed to hospital along with his mother.

A main artery in Calum’s left leg was severed, causing him to lose pints of blood, and he was forced to undergo emergency surgery yesterday as doctors battled not only to save his leg but also his life.

There are still fears that Calum may have to have his left leg amputated, with the next 24-48 hours being crucial, while relatives have told Goal.com that the West Ham star “probably will never play football ever again”.

Goal.com sources have learned that the attackers deliberately targeted Davenport’s legs in an attempt to end his professional career. The motive for the attack is unclear, but it has been suggested that Calum was involved in a family row shortly before the incident and that he had told his sister Cara, 28, who was also at the house at the time of the attack, that he "didn’t like the crowd she was mixing with”.

Reminiscent of a gangster movie, there is currently a police guard outside the private hospital room Calum is being treated in. The ex-Coventry player’s mother is also in a “serious” condition in hospital with stomach wounds.

Two men are currently in police custody connected with the attack. A 19-year-old man and a 25-year-old man, the latter who has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Completely vile and repugnant. Truly hope these people get their dues as soon as possible - in no way can this case be left to go without conviction.

What's even worse is that it's in their own home. The mental scars he could have from this, albeit if he survives, will be horrific. Your own home is supposed to be the pinnacle of safety. If you're not safe in your own home where are you safe?

I think with these kind of people we should just hang them. Why should we pay taxes to provide cunts like these PS3's in their jail cell.

I don't even want to fund moldy bread for these twats.
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Return to The Maine Football forum