Ratings vrs Wolves

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings vrs Wolves

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Given-9-Handling,saves,presance...top, top notch.
Richards-8-Very steady,looks back to his best,very well done,Zabaletta is very unlucky though.
Toure7-had problems like Dunne with the long balls but they are a big side-reliable and risiliant.
Dunne-8-coped with everything thrown at him as useual, who said dunnes days are over?
Bridge-7-steady,slowly getting better,looks a weak link imo,will get better.
S.w.p-7-stops and starts for shauney,will be a valuble squad player this season.
Ireland-8-composed,reliable,cuts defences to shreads,awsome player.
Barry-9-this guy is such an worker,excellent passer,never gives up, i only gave ade motm because of the goal, great signing.
Robinho-7-hot and cold again,will get better in this side,we still aint seen the best of robinho.
Ade-10-awsome once again,amasing creative skills,excelent ee for goal, invaluble team member.
Tevez-7-still lacking match practice but once in the mixer never shunts a tackle,another creative player,will be another invaluble player this season.
Subs.
De Jong-6-i personally do not think he will be a starter this season,might prove me wrong but he doesn't offer much as a creative perspective.
Bellamy-6-Good few bursts of speed,looked hungry, unlucky, another key player i think this season.
Zabaletta-unlucky not to be used, will be wondering what he has done wrong, i hope he stays.

Hughes-8-excelent tactics,Lescoot will shore up the defence x10 as he is excellent in the air, i think he will take Bridges place if we get him.
As we have all said, and i do too, he needs time, i still think if we finish say 6th or 7th.
Next season is the big one for us.
Overall.
Awsomeness ozzes out of us.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Ratings vrs Wolves

Postby lyons07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:28 pm

did you not see the second half?
lyons07
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Nige De Jong

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:32 pm

I think the OP's marks are very generous here, we were outpassed and put under far too much pressure by a Championship standard side in the wrong division for a year.

The quicker we get rid of Micah Richards and Richard Dunne from the line-up the bloody better, both were beyond shocking today IMO, Dunne just simply has not got a clue, he was alright when those around him were the calibre of a Distin, van Blerk, Tarnat, Sun Jihai and many other crap defenders we have had in the past, but now that he is in a side with quality almost right through it, he stands out like a sore thumb as the biggest weaklink and opposing best player, and Micah isn't too far behind either, quite what Hughes sees in him I would really like to know, as I am unable to fathom out, how a player who is a CB by trade and not that great there either, and is possibly the 3rd best RB at the club gets in ahead of the likes of Zabaleta and Trippier (both I would class as better players than him), or even play Nedum out of position like they did on Wednesday in the Nou Camp, and the defense looked a whole lot better then than it did today and they were up against far far superior talented players then, than today.

Given = 7 (great stop in first half, couldn't score more as his goalkicks were not the best, and had next to nothing to do all game, due to Wolves's inabilty to shoot on target).
Richards = 5 (given the run around by Jarvis all game, all the crosses came in from his side of the pitch and was caught out of position on numerous occasions)
Toure = 6 (Not the best today, some tidy touches, but maybe he has played next to Dunne for long enough now, bad habbits are rubbing off, like hoofing to nobody, and panicking when under no pressure).
Dunne = 5 (Lucky to get that many marks, was a shambles throughout and the weaklink of the team by a mile now it stands out, the sooner Nedum is in instead of this lumberjack the better).
Bridge = 7 (Best of a bad bunch of defenders today, won tackles all day on his side, got forward when needed, but unlike the other 3 defended well when required).
Ireland = 7 (Where is the Stevie of last season gone??....missed a sitter, but ploughed on throughout even though he never really got involved in the game enough for me, not at his best, but still good enough, if he didn't have to cover for others all day).
Barry = 6 (Poor game today from Gareth, never got forward enough, missed out on a few tackles in our half and didn't distribute the ball well enough, giving the ball away more often than not).
SWP = 8 (My MOM, was a pocket dynamtite again for City all game, up and down the pitch and worked his socks off for the cause, trying in vain to make something happen and get a killer 2nd goal).
Tevez = 6 (Started well, then faded in the second half due to lack of match time, impressive touch for the goal, works hard, but was not involved in anything 2nd half before being withdrawn).
Robinho = 7 (Dazzled the Wolves defence with some mesmerising skills, created a few chances with balls into runners and the box, should and could have scored at least 2 goals, but easily one of the better players today).
Adebayor = 7 (Flashes from the Togo striker of his abilities, workrate was never in question again, just think the service into him in the 2nd half during the last 25 minutes was diabolical that he would have needed about 3 ladders to win any of the balls played to him from deep, great goal, and should have scored again instead of trying to round the keeper).
Bellamy & de Jong = n/a (neither was effective nor on the field long enough to mark properly, the time that both were on they created nowt and delivered the same).

Hughes = 6 (Was left being questioned tactically again IMO, defensively we have been a shambles on his watch for 15 months and yet nowt has changed, does he ever train or coach these players during the week???, also got marked down today for still not being knowledgable enough to realise that amongst the best 4 defenders at the club, neither Richards nor Dunne feature too highly, and his inability to withdraw any of Wolves's star men was a dissapointment, especially when he again withdrew the only real threat other than SWP for creating a goal in Robinho).

All in all a win is a win, however they come about, this was scrappy and we got rather fortunate in my book to collect the points here, if we are to challenge the better teams this season, then this manager (and I use that term loosely) better start to learn some tactics and organisational skills rapid, as Arsenal are up for us in 2 weeks.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I think the OP's marks are very generous here, we were outpassed and put under far too much pressure by a Championship standard side in the wrong division for a year.

The quicker we get rid of Micah Richards and Richard Dunne from the line-up the bloody better, both were beyond shocking today IMO, Dunne just simply has not got a clue, he was alright when those around him were the calibre of a Distin, van Blerk, Tarnat, Sun Jihai and many other crap defenders we have had in the past, but now that he is in a side with quality almost right through it, he stands out like a sore thumb as the biggest weaklink and opposing best player, and Micah isn't too far behind either, quite what Hughes sees in him I would really like to know, as I am unable to fathom out, how a player who is a CB by trade and not that great there either, and is possibly the 3rd best RB at the club gets in ahead of the likes of Zabaleta and Trippier (both I would class as better players than him), or even play Nedum out of position like they did on Wednesday in the Nou Camp, and the defense looked a whole lot better then than it did today and they were up against far far superior talented players then, than today.

Given = 7 (great stop in first half, couldn't score more as his goalkicks were not the best, and had next to nothing to do all game, due to Wolves's inabilty to shoot on target).
Richards = 5 (given the run around by Jarvis all game, all the crosses came in from his side of the pitch and was caught out of position on numerous occasions)
Toure = 6 (Not the best today, some tidy touches, but maybe he has played next to Dunne for long enough now, bad habbits are rubbing off, like hoofing to nobody, and panicking when under no pressure).
Dunne = 5 (Lucky to get that many marks, was a shambles throughout and the weaklink of the team by a mile now it stands out, the sooner Nedum is in instead of this lumberjack the better).
Bridge = 7 (Best of a bad bunch of defenders today, won tackles all day on his side, got forward when needed, but unlike the other 3 defended well when required).
Ireland = 7 (Where is the Stevie of last season gone??....missed a sitter, but ploughed on throughout even though he never really got involved in the game enough for me, not at his best, but still good enough, if he didn't have to cover for others all day).
Barry = 6 (Poor game today from Gareth, never got forward enough, missed out on a few tackles in our half and didn't distribute the ball well enough, giving the ball away more often than not).
SWP = 8 (My MOM, was a pocket dynamtite again for City all game, up and down the pitch and worked his socks off for the cause, trying in vain to make something happen and get a killer 2nd goal).
Tevez = 6 (Started well, then faded in the second half due to lack of match time, impressive touch for the goal, works hard, but was not involved in anything 2nd half before being withdrawn).
Robinho = 7 (Dazzled the Wolves defence with some mesmerising skills, created a few chances with balls into runners and the box, should and could have scored at least 2 goals, but easily one of the better players today).
Adebayor = 7 (Flashes from the Togo striker of his abilities, workrate was never in question again, just think the service into him in the 2nd half during the last 25 minutes was diabolical that he would have needed about 3 ladders to win any of the balls played to him from deep, great goal, and should have scored again instead of trying to round the keeper).
Bellamy & de Jong = n/a (neither was effective nor on the field long enough to mark properly, the time that both were on they created nowt and delivered the same).

Hughes = 6 (Was left being questioned tactically again IMO, defensively we have been a shambles on his watch for 15 months and yet nowt has changed, does he ever train or coach these players during the week???, also got marked down today for still not being knowledgable enough to realise that amongst the best 4 defenders at the club, neither Richards nor Dunne feature too highly, and his inability to withdraw any of Wolves's star men was a dissapointment, especially when he again withdrew the only real threat other than SWP for creating a goal in Robinho).

All in all a win is a win, however they come about, this was scrappy and we got rather fortunate in my book to collect the points here, if we are to challenge the better teams this season, then this manager (and I use that term loosely) better start to learn some tactics and organisational skills rapid, as Arsenal are up for us in 2 weeks.

Lol that is very harsh imo mate.
All about opinions though :)
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby irblinx » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Given - 9: Another top display from the best keeper in the Prem
Richards - 7: Most of his marks are for the first half, poor in the second but then had to mark two men for most of it
Toure - 8: Class showed, very composed on the ball
Dunne - 7: Had a good game, marked down for a few pointless punts up field
Bridge - 7: Better performance from Bridge
SWP - 7: Again most of his marks were from the first half where he was unplayable, drifted out of the game at times during the 2nd though
Ireland - 7: Dreadful second half, looked as though he'd been up all night celebrating his birthday early, terrible miss too
Barry - 9: Total class from start to finish
Robinho - 7: Moments of class but he needs to practice his shooting
Adebayor - 8: Astounding first half, ok second where his work rate dropped considerably
Tevez - 7: The only player who could really have an excuse for fading in the 2nd half and he did, very promising all the same

Subs.
Bellamy - 5: Injecting a bit of urgency but was wasteful in possession
De Jong - N/A: Don't think he even touched the ball did he?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:54 pm

RIG slating Richards again, what a shocker. :(
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Given - 8
Micah - 7
Dunne - 7
Toure - 7
Bridge - 8
SWP - 6
Ireland - 6
Barry - 8
Robinho - 6
Tevez - 6
Adebayor - 9
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Given 8 - Great save at the end of the first half, did everything else spot on too.

Richards 7 - Good. His man to man defending is getting much better. Still not the best when it comes to making decisions upfield. Not a quality passer of the ball.

Toure 7 - Some key interceptions. Good on the ball.

Dunne 6 - Some clumsy moments but did ok under pressure

Bridge 7 - As usual he's fine at home. Its away from home where he's often the weak link.

Barry 7 - Steady and had good control of the midfield

SWP 7 - Industrious and a threat going forward. Some great touches

Ireland 6 - Missed an absolute sitter and his passing was a bit off. Got into the usual positions though, he'll find his top form again.

Tevez 6 - Worked hard but a off the pace. Will need a little longer to settle due to no pre season and this being his first competitive start.

Robinho 7 - Ran the show supremely for the first 60 minutes then fell away. Some moments of true world class. A joy to watch.

Adebayor 8 - MOM. Led the line brilliantly and scored the goal. Excellent.

Sub

Bellemy 5 - Gave the ball away, missed a sitter and got in shauns way when he was in. Lost the plot completely
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Given - 8
Micah - 7
Dunne - 4
Toure - 6
Bridge - 6
SWP - 6
Ireland - 6
Barry - 6
Robinho - 6
Tevez - 5
Adebayor - 7
the_georgian_genius

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Grob wrote:Given 8 - Great save at the end of the first half, did everything else spot on too.

Richards 7 - Good. His man to man defending is getting much better. Still not the best when it comes to making decisions upfield. Not a quality passer of the ball.

Toure 7 - Some key interceptions. Good on the ball.

Dunne 6 - Some clumsy moments but did ok under pressure

Bridge 7 - As usual he's fine at home. Its away from home where he's often the weak link.

Barry 7 - Steady and had good control of the midfield

SWP 7 - Industrious and a threat going forward. Some great touches

Ireland 6 - Missed an absolute sitter and his passing was a bit off. Got into the usual positions though, he'll find his top form again.

Tevez 6 - Worked hard but a off the pace. Will need a little longer to settle due to no pre season and this being his first competitive start.

Robinho 7 - Ran the show supremely for the first 60 minutes then fell away. Some moments of true world class. A joy to watch.

Adebayor 8 - MOM. Led the line brilliantly and scored the goal. Excellent.

Sub

Bellemy 5 - Gave the ball away, missed a sitter and got in shauns way when he was in. Lost the plot completely

Thats the way it looked to me aswell
Agree with all your observations there
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Given: 9
Micah: 7
Tourè: 8
Dunne: 8
Bridge: 7
Barry: 6
Ireland: 5
SWP: 7
Robinho: 7
Ade: 8
Tevez: 6

Subs - Bellamy: 5,5

Superman was often completely out of position and made a terrible mistake failing the possible two nil in 2nd half.
However all our beloved Blues look very tired at the end of this game. We're only at the beginning of a long, bright season, next games we'll be more brilliant than today!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lionel » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I have read all ratings and the closest to mine was Grobs, I had Richards and Bellamy a mark down from Grobs. It was a good decision from Hughes for Bellamy to come on, but when he did, Craig was shocking.
Lionel
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Lionel » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I have read all ratings and the closest to mine was Grobs, I had Richards and Bellamy a mark down from Grobs. It was a good decision from Hughes for Bellamy to come on, but when he did, Craig was shocking.
Lionel
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Given - 9 - not a foot wrong, save of the season already
Richards - 7 - good going forward but gave their winger too much room in the second half
Toure - 7 - decent game, calm on the ball
Dunne - 7 - gets on with his own game an another decent game
Bridge -7 - again solid defensively, could get forward more, passing could improve
SWP - 8 - one of his better games, needs to make more passes stick though
Ireland - 8 - should have scored but was still a few excekkent defence cutting passes
Barry - 9 - ball retention is top notch, breaks up the play and sets up attacks nicely
Robinho - 6 - dont think he was on it at all today, after being given a rest mid week i am dissapointed in him today
Adebayor - 9 - brillant link up play, drops deep and works hard, deserved his goal
Tevez - 8 - worked hard, his first touch is good but his fitness caught up with him

MOM for me was Ade,

on robinho, he is our luxury player and i would expect him to create more, going forward i thought he slowed up the speed of our attacks, on his day he is unstopable but that was'nt today. maybe its because he was double marked at times or that being a left winger in a 442 does not suit him but wahtever it is i am sure he will sort ot out.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Given - 8 - One of the best saves I have ever seen in the 1st half. Instructed the defence well.
Richards - 5 - Looks unfit to me and left his man far too much space. Not bad going forward.
Toure - 7 - Very calm cool peformance, dealt with Doyle pretty well when he came on.
Dunne - 7 - Decent game from the Dunnie Monster. Dealt with alot of things in the air aswell.
Bridge - 8 - Our best defender for me today, solid at the back great going forward.
SWP - 7 - Great running at there back 4 and created a lot of chances, good game SWP.
Ireland - 6 - Flashes of his quality but missed a siter and looks to deep in his new position for me.
Barry - 8 - Calmed it down when we on the back foot in the 2nd half and linked up with the forwards well.
Robinho - 6 - He tried to his credit but alot of what he tried didn't come off and he backed out of a few challanges.
Adebayor - 9 - Motm for me, took his goal really well and looked brillant leading the attack (again) great signing Hughes.
Tevez - 7 - Still dosn't look 100% fit but had some good moments in the 1st half aswell as a asist.

Bellamy - 5 - Didn't look very sharp when he came on and fucked up when we were on the break.

de Jong - too late to mark -
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I think the OP's marks are very generous here, we were outpassed and put under far too much pressure by a Championship standard side in the wrong division for a year.

Lol that is very harsh imo mate.
All about opinions though :)

I disagree I think his ratings are sound and I would give Bellers a 4 for trying. People give way too much to our players because of their blue tinted eyes :).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Lionel wrote:I have read all ratings and the closest to mine was Grobs, I had Richards and Bellamy a mark down from Grobs. It was a good decision from Hughes for Bellamy to come on, but when he did, Craig was shocking.

What an understatement, he single-handedly gave the Wolves 2-3 counters and did nothing save get in the way of a good effort by SWP. In fairness his energy was great, but he looked so out of place.

As for the rest of the squad, aside from finishing, I thought they looked brilliant as a whole. It will only get better!!
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Given - 8.5

Richards - 7
Toure - 8.5
Dunne - 7
Bridge 8

Ireland - 6.5