Stevie's Form

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stevie's Form

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:02 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:It's the system. He isn't playing as advanced, cos we've got 2 strikers. Same with Robinho. Still think 4-3-3 is the best system for our players.

Ireland-de Jong-Barry

Tevez/SWP-Adebayor-Robinho

Same here pal but it is'nt going to change while we keep wining so no complaints from me. I think Robson and Superman will ajust to the new set up soon enough.

It was 4-3-3, or at least 4-3-2-1 the difference is there were one or two players sitting behind Ireland in the various formations last season eg De Jong & Kompany in more of a 4-2-3-1. Yesterday we had SWP-Ireland-Barry more or less side by side so all 3 had attacking & defensive dutys. Barry obviously knows the role better than SWP & Ireland so made better use of his runs/energy but still got forward to put crosses etc in whilst SWP & Ireland knackered themselves out a bit trying to do too much. It wasn't helped because Robbie tired/lazed as the game went on & Tevez' lack of match fitness meant they got a bit overworked in midfield.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum