Poor atmos??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Poor atmos??

Postby Paul68 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:43 am

Think it's maybe our expectations are so high and a bit of dissapointment creeps in when we ONLY win 1-0?
I'm guilty and seriously had to have a word with myself - a win is a win and we have 6pts.

Agree with all the above tho'
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:52 am

If City would have buried half their chances, which everyone was expecting, I think the place would have been rocking.

It's a shame really that peoples expectations have risen so high that a mere 1-0 victory does not suffice.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Paul68 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:59 am

saulman wrote:If City would have buried half their chances, which everyone was expecting, I think the place would have been rocking.

It's a shame really that peoples expectations have risen so high that a mere 1-0 victory does not suffice.

As I said - guilty yer honour - took myself in hand tho' fnar and won't do it again...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am

interesting thread. do fans get teams going or vice-versa?

i went to yankee stadium last year, where the fans are known for getting the team up. trailing the game, i can tell you that is exactly what they did. somehow, 55k people orchestrated themselves and whipped up into a frenzy that sparked the team. they went on and won the game. it was a baking hot sunday afternoon, yet they managed to raise the team. we need some of that.

i watched a reporter the other night saying how the red sox fans tend to react to the team, yankees fans being the other way round. i think we are red soxish, we get going when city perform. nothing wroing with it, necessarily, but not always ideal either. the hamburg match was ideal; yet we lost.

whatever!
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Twobob wrote:dosnt fuckin help when half the cunts leave with 5 mins to go! Ffs! Im fucking embarassd - we won and some twat$ seemed to treat i t like a loss

X factor started tonight, you know how they all love it

Lol thats ok then - id rather have 7000 there and making a noise than a full house waiting for simon fuckface to run on!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 am

s1ty m wrote:interesting thread. do fans get teams going or vice-versa?

i went to yankee stadium last year, where the fans are known for getting the team up. trailing the game, i can tell you that is exactly what they did. somehow, 55k people orchestrated themselves and whipped up into a frenzy that sparked the team. they went on and won the game. it was a baking hot sunday afternoon, yet they managed to raise the team. we need some of that.

i watched a reporter the other night saying how the red sox fans tend to react to the team, yankees fans being the other way round. i think we are red soxish, we get going when city perform. nothing wroing with it, necessarily, but not always ideal either. the hamburg match was ideal; yet we lost.

whatever!

We beat Hamburg mate.

The Hamburg match reinforces your point rather than weakening it.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 am

You could palpably touch the tension as every minute went by and every chance got spurned to put clear blue sky between us and them - the fact is we still dont quite believe - YET! With that tension comes finger nail chewing time and this transmits itself to the players. Had we got a 2nd and a 3rd(as we should´ve) the place would have been rocking
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 am

I cant see how people are sayin it was the result that made the atmos so flat when that result wasnt concluded at the time.It was flat throughout, 20mins,35mins,55mins etc, into the game..I really hope we push that top 4 but it seems,goin off the Wolves game, that our ground has already gone as flat as the likes of Chelsea,Liverpool,Rags and Arsenal(which are really bad)..Just feel some gratitude from the fans would be nice for all that is goin on at the club..We need to voice how much we are enjoying the facelift our great club has had. I can only think the hardcore from last season within the singers have maybe been pushed out as they wouldn't have taken the pisstakin and stick that section took yesterday.Or maybe we just need to let it all sink in??

As said earlier, Id be perfectly happy to have 10,000 fans gettin behind the team and the ones that sit in silence stay at home.

And the players DO play off the crowd in a big way.We can all see that.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum