Poor atmos??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Poor atmos??

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:45 pm

SORRY TO BE NEGATIVE was In the 3rd tier of the east stand in the end block next to the south stand. Was it due to being high up or was the singers and south stand shite for atmos today?? Seemed like we was being out sang big time by Wolves and didnt seem to come back with any chants of our own..Not overly important as we played well in the first half and got 3points.Its just the fact that I used to stand in singers and loved a good chant and the atmos. I cant get a seat there now.Has it been taken over by old buggers with 1,000,000 loyalty points?? Hope it isn't a sign of things to come.I said to the guy next to me that it could well be due to our fans not really knowing what to expect and was anticipating things.

We need more atmos at eastlands..like what it was like against Hamburg..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Poor atmos??

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 pm

It was incredibly flat both on the pitch and in the stands for the second half. I can't help that the fans could have lifted the players or the players could have lifted the fans with a bit more effort.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 pm

as i was in the north stand 2day, the atmos was ok, even the north stand was singing
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 pm

King Kev wrote:It was incredibly flat both on the pitch and in the stands for the second half. I can't help that the fans could have lifted the players or the players could have lifted the fans with a bit more effort.

Yeah.Was expectin it to be electric but instead it was almost embarrassing. Whats happened!! I see Wolves chanting at our 'singers' section and our lads there gave nothing back!! had a great time with banter and gettin behind the team in that section in the past and would always give better than we got.Didnt see any of that today :-(...

Wolves fans givin it SSSsshhhhhhh.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 pm

dosnt fuckin help when half the cunts leave with 5 mins to go! Ffs! Im fucking embarassd - we won and some twat$ seemed to treat i t like a loss
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Twobob wrote:dosnt fuckin help when half the cunts leave with 5 mins to go! Ffs! Im fucking embarassd - we won and some twat$ seemed to treat i t like a loss

There wasnt a chance in hell I could have left early today, I dont anyways but cant see how anyone can when its only 1-0 and both sides look like they still have a goal in them..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 pm

I thought the atmosphere was shite today you're right...South Stand hardly sung fuck all...I was in 109 east stand with the Mrs today and around there seemed to be the only people making an effort but it was still lacklustre...was disappointed as I was hoping for more being a sell out
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Isn't it the case that the COMS is not designed to help create atmosphere at a football match. It was primarily built for athletics where cheering and singing is not important.

Because of the way its made a lot of the noise goes away from the pitch . In older grounds and stadia made for football, the stands and roofs are designed to reflect noise inwards. If we get a new tier added then the we can change the whole atmosphere by building it into the design.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Blue in the face wrote:Isn't it the case that the COMS is not designed to help create atmosphere at a football match. It was primarily built for athletics where cheering and singing is not important.

Because of the way its made a lot of the noise goes away from the pitch . In older grounds and stadia made for football, the stands and roofs are designed to reflect noise inwards. If we get a new tier added then the we can change the whole atmosphere by building it into the design.
Not at all. I remember when the designs for the stadium were first released and much was made about the acoustics of the arena being designed so that the noise stayed within the bowl.

We can't blame the stadium, we have proved in the past that it is possible to create a good atmosphere there.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby One cap Whitey » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 pm

I thought it was very quiet, especially considering it was a full house. There was a lot of tension in the second half though, we never really had the game won and I don't think that helped.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I think its prob the worst I have ever seen/heard it. Twenty odd thousand at last seasons UEFA cup games made a hell of a lot more noise.. So what happened?? Singers seemed shite!! Have they all been pushed out a replaced by boring gits or something?? We really need to make some noise in future and let the players know how excited and grateful we are with what is happening at the club..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Dazzacity wrote:I think its prob the worst I have ever seen/heard it.

christ dazza when did you start going coz there have been upteen embarrassements at the new place
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Twobob wrote:dosnt fuckin help when half the cunts leave with 5 mins to go! Ffs! Im fucking embarassd - we won and some twat$ seemed to treat i t like a loss

X factor started tonight, you know how they all love it
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:I think its prob the worst I have ever seen/heard it.

christ dazza when did you start going coz there have been upteen embarrassements at the new place

Yeah true, but was really expectin more today. I moved from the south and for the past couple of seasons to sit in singers.Last season I thought it was great in there at basically every game I went to.Everyone singin and chantin together and gettin behind the team, those chants of "Oh when the blues.go marchin in"over and over, goin on for a 15mins. Just seemed very flat when I looked down there today like its lost its bollox. Hope its just down to fans havin to get back into the swing of things again. Was utter bollox in 3rd tier as far as atmos goes but I expected that. Great view though!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby spiv » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I taped that, cant wait to watch it tomorrow i hear there is some right dross on it.
Dazza, east stand upper is not the best for atmosphere, I sat up there once and i got told to sit down.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 am

spiv wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I taped that, cant wait to watch it tomorrow i hear there is some right dross on it.
Dazza, east stand upper is not the best for atmosphere, I sat up there once and i got told to sit down.

Yeah..I kind of expect it to be a little flat way up there,but it was poor all around the ground today.Was just expectin it to be electric today and it ended up being the complete opposite.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:09 am

King Kev wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:Isn't it the case that the COMS is not designed to help create atmosphere at a football match. It was primarily built for athletics where cheering and singing is not important.

Not at all. I remember when the designs for the stadium were first released and much was made about the acoustics of the arena being designed so that the noise stayed within the bowl.

We can't blame the stadium, we have proved in the past that it is possible to create a good atmosphere there.

Correct. People look around for anything to blame but themselves.

I find it interesting when people who sit on their arses and don't sing go off on one when they see players not putting a shift in. You get back what you put in and City fans are not what they used to be.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:41 am

Today was my first game as a season ticket holder (been to loads of games previously each year scattered around the stadium), my ticket is in 128, and it was very quiet. I got my ticket there on advice from some friends, is was so quiet there though, I seemed to be one of the few joining in songs and chants, normally I try and get tickets around the away fans, I fear I may have got my seasoncard in a bad area :-/.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 am

won't it have something to do with our opponents?
a good portion of songs will be about the other team or players.
what exactly is there to sing about Wolves?
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Grob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:15 am

I wouldnt expect the fans to be truely up for a 1-0 victory over a team we are expected to beat.

When the result is of paramount importance, or the opponents are in direct competition with us, or the result is life or death, the atmosphere will reciprocate.

Every game cant be like Hamburg at home.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum