City to be reported over tappin Lescott

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City to be reported over tappin Lescott

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:04 am

Aint got a link, just seen it on SKY news.

What gets me, if that red nosed mune was in for him , he would of got him for as little as 15 mill, the boggle eyed fergie bum lickin cunt.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Re: City to be reported over tappin Lescott

Postby Leedsblue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:12 am

One thing being reported, another in being found guilty.

verdict: No case to answer
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:17 am

Very hard, almost impossible, to prove. Remember the Cashleygate? They were in same restaurant 'by coincidence' and since Arsenal couldn't prove otherwise, nothing came out of it.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:25 am

how are they going to prove it, lescott isnt going to say yes if hes ours now, moyes evens wants us to have a points deduction and a 10mil compensation. i know what i would do, wait to the transfer window is over, then call jo back.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 am

.Everton to demand FA dock Manchester City points over Lescott scandal
Published 23:13 22/08/09 By Simon Mullock
Recommend (4)

Everton will this week lodge a formal complaint with the FA alleging that Manchester City made an illegal approach for Joleon Lescott.

The Blues are set to ask the FA to investigate their claim that Manchester City made an illegal approach for Joleon Lescott – and will demand £10m in compensation and a points deduction if the Eastlands club are found guilty.

City finally landed the England defender in a £24m deal last night after having two previous bids rejected by the Goodison Park club.

But the cash-rich Sky Blues will also be hit with a huge compensation claim from Everton if the inevitable FA investigation finds that they broke any rules.

They could also be faced with the prospect of a points deduction.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that Everton have compiled a dossier of evidence which they believe will prove City rode roughshod over rules governing the conduct of clubs in the transfer market.

An insider at Goodison said their case was “nailed on” and Moyes – who refused a transfer request from Lescott on the eve of the new season – revealed that the 27-year-old had initially refused to play in last week’s 6-1 home hammering by Arsenal.

Moyes has been scathing of the way City and their manager Mark Hughes have pursued Lescott.

He said: “Joleon told me on the Friday before the Arsenal game that he didn’t want to play.

“I told him that I had no other options or choices and so I chose to play him.

“In the end that worked against me so I took the decision to leave him out for the Europa Cup game during the week.

“I would always have preferred to have kept the player. That would have been my choice because he’s a good player who can play two positions.

“But his behaviour has forced us into this position. He jeopardised the team spirit in the dressing room. You could see how we were against Arsenal.

“Joleon's attitude has been so poor that it has had an adverse effect on the whole squad.

“If a player is going to behave in the manner he did then we have no choice but to keep him away.”

The FA have vowed to crack down on any clubs who are found guilty of making illegal approaches for players.

In 2002, Liverpool made a £1m out-of-court settlement to Middlesbrough after being fined £20,000 by the FA for the way they conducted the £5.5m transfer of Christian Ziege from the Riverside to Anfield.

Boro had initially demanded a compensation figure of £7.5m.

Four years ago it was Chelsea in the dock after manager Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon met with Ashley Cole without the permission of Arsenal.

Mourinho and Cole were fined £200,000 and £100,000 respectively and Chelsea had to pay £300,000 as well as being hit with a suspended three-point deduction.

Ironically, Chelsea threatened to report City for making an illegal approach for John Terry earlier this summer but decided not to act when the England skipper opted to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Moyes, meanwhile, will now look to chairman Bill Kenright for guarantees that the cash raised on Lescott will be handed over for player recruitment.

The Merseysiders must first pay Wolves £2.4m after agreeing to a 10% sell-on clause when Lescott moved to Goodison from Molineux two years ago.

Moyes said: “I would hope that any money we raise will be handed over for new players, but I haven’t been given any assurances on that and so you never know what will happen.

“Even if I do get the money to spend it will be very difficult to bring in players in the next week before the transfer window closes.”

Moyes could look to do business again with City during the week after identifying Richard Dunne as the man to replace Lescott.

Dunne has rejected offers from both Sunderland and Stoke in recent weeks after being told by Hughes he can not be guaranteed a first-team place.

The Irishman is City’s longest-serving player, having arrived from Everton for £3m nine years ago, and wants to fight for his place at Eastlands.

But he also knows that he needs to be playing regularly in the Premier League with the Republic of Ireland still hopeful of qualifying for the World Cup.

Everton are also interested in Newcastle’s Steven Taylor, but have not yet lodged a bid for the England Under-21 international
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby bluej » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 am

He can fuck off if he wants to sign Dunne and report us for tapping up. We shouldn't have anything more to do with that club, given their behaviour during this.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby pears12 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:47 am

give it a rest everton.. i say sign lescott, bring back jo from loan send him to hull for the rest of the season.. then sign timmy cahill in january
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Paul68 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 am

I'm confused.... City made a bid for a player who had asked for a transfer... wheres the tapping come into it?
scuse my ignorance but i refuse to read any scumbag newspapers...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 am

If our actions have been bit shady then I'd suggest we offer them Dunne for say six million as sweetener. That way everyone is happy.
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Paul68 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:If our actions have been bit shady then I'd suggest we offer them Dunne for say six million as sweetener. That way everyone is happy.

Then accuse Moyes of meeting with him in a hotel and demand 20 million in comp! plus points deducted.... oh do they have any?
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 am

They take the f*cking piss them dippers!!!

Think we should take Jo back and send him somewhere worthwhile!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 am

Its going to be spicey when we play them

Isnt it abit hypocritical that they are reporting us for tapping up, but then go and try to unsettle Dunney?

I dont think we have done anything wrong officially that could be used as evidence. According to someone on Bluemoon the deal was agreed a long time ago - early summer , but Moyes kept changing his mind on the value and the deal structure.

Bottom line - Fuck off Gollum
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:44 am

Reported my arse.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am

wah, wah, wah. moyes is a little bastard whinging baby twat.

oh, there goes the rattle from his pram. the twat.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Chinners » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:09 am

Anyone else think this is all bollox and was worked out weeks ago just so that Moyles gets no stick from their fans? . . theres too many contradictions in the whole thing between the clubs for it to be true imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby simon12 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:14 am

I hope Newcasle do him for tapping up Taylor the whining twat. Is it me or does he always look pilled out of his head?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 am

Total tosh once again from the Mirror - would you seriously think about reporting a club who are about to bankroll your summer signings to the tune of 24m(even bigger tosh) - think about it! I hope we turn the screw right upto the last minute of deadline day , buy someone else THEN they can report us!
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Andy, lincs » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 am

To say Chelsea got away with it isn't quite true. If memory serves me correctly they got a £300,000 fine and a suspended 3 point deduction. Still, City have not been photographed having a chit chat with Lescott as was the case with Ashley Cole. I think they will find it very difficult to pin anything on us. We bid for a player twice which was deemed to be less than the clubs valuation. The player wanted to move and handed in a tranfer request then the clubs negotiated a price deemed acceptable to the selling club. The only cloudiness is Moyes bleating how unfair it is that a player wants to move from his precious club. Nothing to see here.......I hope!
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:51 am

We should report everton to trading standards - 24mil? Fuck me thats blatent rip off!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 am

Someone give Kim or Ahmedinejad a bell, nuke Liverpool. Scousers should be shot at birth
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum