City to be reported over tappin Lescott

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City to be reported over tappin Lescott

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 am

At least we're not tapin him.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:51 am

I love the fact hes looking at Dunne to replace Lescott yet he's threatening to fine us what a tosser.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mrs Given » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 pm

I would have recalled Jo already by now with all the crap that Moyes has been talking in the papers and the abuse he has thrown our way. Don't see why we should do him any favours.
Mrs Given
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Vhero wrote:I love the fact hes looking at Dunne to replace Lescott yet he's threatening to fine us what a tosser.

The man has contradicted himself every single time he has had something to say about this whole "Lescott saga". If he comes in for Dunne after we have signed JL we should tell him to do one.

He really has shown he is the perfect replacement for baconface once he's retired over the last few weeks.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Lescott's not going to say anything (assuming he was actually tapped up) - and anything MH has said in the press has been an answer to a direct question. There's absolutely no case to answer. More s**t stirring by one very bitter little man.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Dameerto wrote:Lescott's not going to say anything (assuming he was actually tapped up) - and anything MH has said in the press has been an answer to a direct question. There's absolutely no case to answer. More s**t stirring by one very bitter little man.

Exactly we havn't done anything wrong anyway...

We try to identify a quality left footed centre half, Hughes decides on Lescott.

We offer Everton £15m, Everton reject it and make it public on there OS.

We then offer Everton £18mill, once again they reject it and make it public.

Lescott hands in a transfer request because he wants to move to us.

Moyes starts moaning to the press that were "disgusting" and we have unsettled his squad.

Everton get hammered 6-1 by Arsenal, Moyes more or less blames it on us and Lescott, hmmm okay.

Lescott gets almightly pissed off with Moyes.

Moyes drops Lescott from the squad and makes him train alone. (great man management there Moyesy babes)

Moyes realising he has fucked up BIG time finally agrees to sell the player.

That's how i've read it all anyway. Where we "tapped up the player" in any of that I don't know.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 pm

We can't have it both ways. We can't complain about others then complain if we get caught. We only know what we are told via the media speculation and the statements made by those involved. Ther may be further information that is not in the public domain.
Moyes has done himself no favour by the manner of his whinging and the overreactive statements he has made. He has made himself look like a very angry child in a tantrum, chucking toys all over the place.

If we should get Lescoott, as semms likely now, whatever any fine or penalty will only be temporary. Lescott's presence in our defence should pay us back in the longer term....Eventually we will win.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:01 pm

The lizard eyed twatto is tryin to fill his hole back in, big time.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Wasn't it Mourinho who started a 'Little Black Book' dossier on Wenger a few years back? I bet Gollum has one aswell, starting with our purchase of Jo when he was in for him. Current last entry would read something like 'Hughes has gone too far, he's now gone over my head to the boss with even more money. To top that, Barry and Wright-Phillips have been chatting Lescott up when he was on International duty. I'm taking this to the FA and when they find proof, I'll be another 10 mil better off and the points they get deducted might give us a chance to go above them? NB. When will Taggart finally get out of my seat, this place is a shit hole!'
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Noodle » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Someone give Kim or Ahmedinejad a bell, nuke Liverpool. Scousers should be shot at birth

I think scouseland might have been secretly nuked in the '80s. It would explain alot.
No point nuking it now anyway. You'd only do about 10 quids worth of damage.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:23 pm

john68 wrote:We can't have it both ways. We can't complain about others then complain if we get caught. We only know what we are told via the media speculation and the statements made by those involved. Ther may be further information that is not in the public domain.
Moyes has done himself no favour by the manner of his whinging and the overreactive statements he has made. He has made himself look like a very angry child in a tantrum, chucking toys all over the place.

If we should get Lescoott, as semms likely now, whatever any fine or penalty will only be temporary. Lescott's presence in our defence should pay us back in the longer term....Eventually we will win.

yr still drunk on cheeseburgers it sounds like old man.

cheers

p.s. over for the Arse match, me. Mine's a pint!
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Grob » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Shouldnt there be an up between tappin and lescott??

Or has someone at the club actually tapped Lescott? Maybe thats why he wants to come
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 am

john68 wrote:We can't have it both ways. We can't complain about others then complain if we get caught. We only know what we are told via the media speculation and the statements made by those involved. Ther may be further information that is not in the public domain.

True, but we can only go on what we see and hear. We know that we've been victims, we know that every one of our recent transfers or targets (bar Lescott) was dealt with via official channels.

Everton announced that we'd bid for Lescott and then complained that we'd unsettled him. To me this seems like empty sabre rattling concealing the facts so that Everton fans can feel that they had no choice but to sell him.

Our general modus operandi has been silence with respect to transfers while other clubs have been the ones doing all the talking (where there's been major coverage at all). There's every reason to believe that we haven't done this transfer any differently and that it's been above board. The circumstantial evidence points that way, it's only the rants by Moyes that make us look any different.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:15 am

The point I'm trying to make is that there has been nothing in the public domain that points to us doing anything wrong.
Even if we followed the full story as acted out in the media, there appears to be no grounds for Everton to complain about us.
Publicly we seem to have behaved impeccably.

That is what we do know...There could be so much that we don't know. If a complaint is put in against us, the full facts will be studied by the authorities. I can't see Everton risking an official complaint if they have no evidence.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:40 am

Grob wrote:Shouldnt there be an up between tappin and lescott??

Or has someone at the club actually tapped Lescott? Maybe thats why he wants to come

Richards and Bridge? backline roast.

OR

Tevez and Zabs -- Argie roast...they are beef--lovers.

OR

Ade and Benjani -- African spit roast.

ONE MORE

Robinho and SWP -- little guys revenge roast.

i prollee can think of more.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:30 am

Mrs Given wrote:I would have recalled Jo already by now with all the crap that Moyes has been talking in the papers and the abuse he has thrown our way. Don't see why we should do him any favours.

I think the favour is not recalling jo.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:15 am

How can we be tapping him up by making a bid for him??

I think Moyes has had too much sugar on his cornflakes this morning.

Tapping up for that dope is when a side agrees a contract prior to making a bid for another clubs player, and seem as how we have still to agree personal terms I would say we haven't quite done that just yet......only my opinion on that theory though!.

Having said that for £24m I think we should be getting a top class proven International defender who is first choice for his nation, not a back-up defender at that level for that much, still a one legged-hopper would be more useful than Dunne at present, so it is a improvement.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby bluemoon man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Lescott's not going to say anything (assuming he was actually tapped up) - and anything MH has said in the press has been an answer to a direct question. There's absolutely no case to answer. More s**t stirring by one very bitter little man.

Exactly we havn't done anything wrong anyway...

We try to identify a quality left footed centre half, Hughes decides on Lescott.

We offer Everton £15m, Everton reject it and make it public on there OS.

We then offer Everton £18mill, once again they reject it and make it public.

Lescott hands in a transfer request because he wants to move to us.

Moyes starts moaning to the press that were "disgusting" and we have unsettled his squad.

Everton get hammered 6-1 by Arsenal, Moyes more or less blames it on us and Lescott, hmmm okay.

Lescott gets almightly pissed off with Moyes.

Moyes drops Lescott from the squad and makes him train alone. (great man management there Moyesy babes)

Moyes realising he has fucked up BIG time finally agrees to sell the player.

That's how i've read it all anyway. Where we "tapped up the player" in any of that I don't know.

Let's face it the only way that this came out was cos' Everton were "quoted" as saying that thye had received an offer - which is what you do when you want to buy a player - make an offer for him. Moyes wanted to keep him but hasn't appreciated it from the players point of view. JL wants to play for a bigger club, he stands more chance of winning something and improving his chances of staying in the England side for next years World Cup.
In a nutshell we've gone about it in the right way, unsettled their club and left Moyes with just over a week to get someone else in. He's known that JL was going as he's been looking at defenders himself - I say "give" them Jo aswell he'll do more harm than good!
bluemoon man
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: stephen Ireland

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 am

apparently the tapping up reports are "wide of the mark"

I reckon Kenwright is eager for Moyes to stop making a twat of himself myself.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 am

Wooders wrote:apparently the tapping up reports are "wide of the mark"

I reckon Kenwright is eager for Moyes to stop making a twat of himself myself.

I reckon so. Maybe I'll go on the Everton TEAMTALK page for a laugh?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum