Carlos: Fergie Is Scared Of City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos: Fergie Is Scared Of City

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

I'm loving all this winding up of the senile old twat. It can't be long before he completely loses it and is carted off to a padded cell!

[urlnp=http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/23/1456066/sir-alex-ferguson-is-more-afraid-of-manchester-city-than-he]LINK[/urlnp]

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has had another dig at his former employers by insisting that manager Sir Alex Ferguson will not admit how much he fears the Citizens.

The Sky Blues’ summer spending has created a formidable squad at Eastlands, a squad which the Argentine believes is spreading fear throughout the Premier League.

Speaking to the Sunday People, Tevez insisted that Ferguson calling City a “small time club” was dangerous and that the club would prove why on the pitch in the Manchester derby.

That Ferguson criticises City is dangerous for him and his objectives this year,” explained the striker.

Perhaps he is more afraid of us than he lets on and he is trying to break our concentration. The answer will come on the pitch in the first derby game in September.”

Tevez also insisted that he preferred Mark Hughes’ management style to Ferguson’s and that he was excited about the new season.

“Ferguson is history in my career. Mark Hughes just concentrates on working and training, not getting involved in the business of other club,” said the Argentine.

"Hughes is closer to the players than Ferguson and he talks some Spanish, which is good for me.

"He has been a player and you notice that in how he treats the players. My evaluation of him is positive and I'm excited about the season ahead."

The 25-year-old also admitted he did not fear competition for places at City and said that he was convinced his new club could challenge for the title.

“We have a lot of strikers at City but that happens at Manchester United as well and at other clubs,” he added.

“It is a long season in England and there has to be room for everyone.

"We have started the season well but know that what counts is how the season ends - that is how we will be judged.

“There will be a lot of candidates for the title - and City are among them.”
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Carlos: Fergie Is Scared Of City

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 am

I have to say though C.T. after 3 years in England that you have to rely on Les´s Spanish is to me a tad embarrassing!
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 am

david yearsley wrote:I have to say though C.T. after 3 years in England that you have to rely on Les´s Spanish is to me a tad embarrassing!

Maybe he just means it's nice to be spoken to in a language he actually understands instead of that ridiculous gibberish that Baconface had been shouting at him.

Some good comments from Tevez there but I do worry that he's taken all this a little too personal. Baconface will just come out with some comment before the Derby that'll rattle him into being a fuckin lunatic rather than the skilled footballer that we need.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 am

I like the cut of his jib

Although I think it's now time for him and Ade to shut up about how badly they have been treated and just concentrate on matters City. I've heard more than enough bleating about Fergie/Arsenal fans now thanks
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby blootoof » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 am

I just hope the red nosed, broken biscuit smellin piss-head stays alive long enough to witness us winnin somethin.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:37 am

david yearsley wrote:I have to say though C.T. after 3 years in England that you have to rely on Les´s Spanish is to me a tad embarrassing!

I agree. In Holland, you have to learn the language to stay. If you don't make an effort, you can fucl off. And rightly so. Given the fact this guy earns millions and only 'works' a few hours a day you'd think he'll have enough time to learn the language.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

I agree. In Holland, you have to learn the language to stay. If you don't make an effort, you can fucl off. And rightly so. Given the fact this guy earns millions and only 'works' a few hours a day you'd think he'll have enough time to learn the language.

ahhh...if you were him you'd no doubt have your wick dipped in English lessons instead of being balls deep in Argie models i'm sure. Same for me as well of course.

cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 pm

blootoof wrote:I just hope the red nosed, broken biscuit smellin piss-head stays alive long enough to witness us winnin somethin.

I'll settle for the 2nd bit where we win something this season & he doesn't manage to fulfill the 1st bit.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Burt » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blootoof wrote:I just hope the red nosed, broken biscuit smellin piss-head stays alive long enough to witness us winnin somethin.

I'll settle for the 2nd bit where we win something this season & he doesn't manage to fulfill the 1st bit.

Yes indeed. I like this one a lot:o)
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum