Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:54 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester City have been linked with a move for Boca Juniors midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme.
IM Scouting

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is hoping a £10m bid will be enough to reunite him with Chelsea playmaker Joe Cole. Redknapp gave Cole his debut in senior football during his time at West Ham. Sunday Mirror

Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenas is being considered by Aston Villa as a replacement for Gareth Barry, who moved to Manchester City earlier this summer. News of the World

Portsmouth are willing to sell midfielder Niko Kranjcar should any other club match their £8m valuation of the Croatia international. Sunday Mirror

Burnley are to offer Newcastle midfielder Nicky Butt a route back into the Premier League with a two-year deal at Turf Moor. News of the World

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is ready to dip into the Championship again with a £3.5m bid for Bristol City midfielder Marvin Elliot. (News of the World)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez's summer spending is over after being informed that there is no more money left for him after the capture of defender Sotiros Krygiakos. Mail on Sunday

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill wants to reinforce his defence with the capture of Manchester City's Richard Dunne for £6m and Portsmouth's Sylvain Distin for £4m. (Sunday Express)

Villa are also locked in discussions to swap defender Luke Young for Hull centre-back Michael Turner. Sunday Mirror

David Beckham's contract with LA Galaxy contains a get-out clause that he could activate at any time. Sunday People

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland has said he is flattered to be linked with a host of top clubs but he will stay at Craven Cottage for the time being. (Various)

Everton and Blackburn face competition from Spanish side Sevilla in the chase for the signature of 24-year-old SK Brann winger Erik Huseklepp. (News of the World)

Leicester striker Matty Fryatt has come into the sights of Hull City manager Phil Brown as he looks to bolster his strike force. News of the World

Tottenham are weighing up moves for Celtic midfield pair Scott Brown and Aiden McGeady, with the Parkhead club valuing them at a total of £10m. News of the World

Stoke will attempt to lure Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones to the Britannia Stadium with a £12m bid. (Sunday Express)

Striker Henri Camara, who has been without a club since leaving Wigan last season, could be snapped up by Portsmouth. News of the World

OTHER GOSSIP
Chelsea captain John Terry has dismissed his long-term agent Aaron Lincoln. His decision comes after a summer of speculation linking the defender with a big-money move to Manchester City. (The Sunday Times)

Everton are likely to report Manchester City to the Premier League over their persistent pursuit of defender Joleon Lescott. (Various)

Chelsea are facing a Football Association investigation after a training ground friendly against United Arab Emirates side Al Hilal erupted into a mass brawl. News of the World

Portsmouth have been forced to renegotiate payments to other clubs and agents with Sulaiman Al-Fahim's protracted takeover still not finalised. (The Mail on Sunday)

David Gold and David Sullivan will attempt to buy West Ham after agreeing to the £80m sale of Birmingham City to Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung. News of the World

Arsenal are keen to improve the terms of midfielder Cesc Fabregas's current Emirates contract, worth around £90,000 a week, to ward off interest from Barcelona. News of the World

The pitch at Wembley Stadium will be relaid for a sixth time since the venue reopened in 2007 after the U2 concerts held at the venue over the weekend damaged the surface. (Sunday Express)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ngton-kerr

AND FINALLY
Neighbours of Wayne Rooney and wife Coleen are unimpressed with the couple's redesigned home and gardens. The Prestbury property has their initials inlaid in the entrance hall's marble floor. (The Mail on Sunday)

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand says his annual goal-scoring contest against brother and Sunderland centre-back Anton will "probably" take place again this season. Last term's rivalry ended in a draw with neither sibling registering a single strike. (The Independent on Sunday)

Just six days ahead of the start of a new season, no British broadcaster has secured the rights to screen Spanish football. BSkyB's deal to show La Liga expired in the summer and the satellite giant is reluctant to meet the £15m-a-season asking price. (The Sunday Times)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks chinners.

Fabregas is injured for up to 3 weeks, YEAAAAA that should put him out of the game against us
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:29 am

Why in God's name would anyone put out a piece suggesting that Joe Cole may move to Spuds for £10 Mill??!! I mean what is the fucking point? Who in their right fucking mind is going to believe that? They must have such a low opinion of football supporters in general to think they'll swallow that fucking shit.

Probably meet lots of rags fans & assume we're all as stupid as them.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby branny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Mirror and NOTW saying we've signed Silvinho as well.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 pm

If Joe Cole is lloking to move anywhere I'd snatch their hands off.

I love Joe Cole me.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Lionheart wrote:If Joe Cole is lloking to move anywhere I'd snatch their hands off.

I love Joe Cole me.

Where would you play him?
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 pm

branny wrote:Mirror and NOTW saying we've signed Silvinho as well.

He's 35.....interesting.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm

ant london wrote:

He's 35.....interesting.

aren't you proving that you still have game at that age?

just wondering.

cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 pm

ant london wrote:

He's 35.....interesting.

Wouldn't of been bad to give him a one year deal if we was in Europe but I don't think we need him without it.
edge275

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 pm

edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:

He's 35.....interesting.

Wouldn't of been bad to give him a one year deal if we was in Europe but I don't think we need him without it.

who plays LB if we have 2 CB injuries and Bridge gets a knock?
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
edge275 wrote:
ant london wrote:

He's 35.....interesting.

who plays LB if we have 2 CB injuries and Bridge gets a knock?

Well the above is highly unlikely, but Garrido.
edge275

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 pm

edge275 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:If Joe Cole is lloking to move anywhere I'd snatch their hands off.

I love Joe Cole me.

Where would you play him?

God Knows, I wouldn't be leaving SWP out of the team based on his current form that's for sure.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Return to The Maine Football forum