Chairman Video Interview

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chairman Video Interview

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Yes I agree its not an normal investment strategy in terms of profits, it's a personal investment strategy of saying I took a no mark lower mid table Premiership team (who just so happens to be right next store to one of the biggest football brand in the world) and turned them into the biggest team/brand in the world.

He'll then sell the club to the highest bidder and start again on another project I'm sure, maybe even making the UAE league competitive with his new found knowledge? I bet that could be Khaldoon's next big plan.

Bet being the word? For some reason you've decided to assume that's what will happen, I don't know why. Surely it would be just as easy to assume literally any other scenario including re developing the whole of East Manchester, with waterslides going down the streets buying the ground, knocking the place down & bulding an hotel? I'm sure that would be much more profitable & well within their capabilities.

They could of course just have one of the world's best clubs as a brand name associated with their country for the next 100 years & do exactly what they said they'd do but why do that when they could choose a much more difficult & unpopular way?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nixon_the Bike_Thief » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 am

Hmmm Surprised at the sentiments shown towards BM on here over a name check on a club interview, I post on BM primarily but I also read on here and to a lesser extent Citymancs and Bluevibe. Ive always thought there was a level of banter between the two but didnt realise it was actually such a hatred and jealousy for some ? I view all of the City forums as a place that I can chat and debate with fellow blues, at the end of the day all the sites do the same thing, they provide a forum for like minded fans of City to pass the hours before we all head for the same place each week to get together and get behind OUR team. to have such a dislike for fellow blues because of where they post there opinions is a very strange concept for me. There are great posters and Idiots on all the sites but when all is said and done we are all one in what our hopes and goals for the future are.
Last edited by Nixon_the Bike_Thief on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nixon_the Bike_Thief
De Michelis's Pace

Postby irblinx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 am

Ted Hughes wrote: I don't know why. Surely it would be just as easy to assume literally any other scenario including re developing the whole of East Manchester, with waterslides going down the streets

COOOOOLLL, when is this happening?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 am

I never said it would be a bad thing for the club - just don't believe everything they tell you, that's all.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I never said it would be a bad thing for the club - just don't believe everything they tell you, that's all.

I don't mate ;-)

No point in assuming the worst at this time either though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:45 am

Nixon_the Bike_Thief wrote:Hmmm Surprised at the sentiments shown towards BM on here over a name check on a club interview, I post on BM primarily but I also read on here and to a lesser extent Citymancs and Bluevibe. Ive always thought there was a level of banter between the two but didnt realise it was actually such a hatred and jealousy for some ? I view all of the City forums as a place that I can chat and debate with fellow blues, at the end of the day all the sites do the same thing, they provide a forum for like minded fans of City to pass the hours before we all head for the same place each week to get together and get behind OUR team. to have such a dislike for fellow blues because of where they post there opinions is a very strange concept for me. There are great posters and Idiots on all the sites but when all is said and done we are all one in what our hopes and goals for the future are.

I don't think there are many people on here who hate Bluemoon mate. Just prefer it here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:I never said it would be a bad thing for the club - just don't believe everything they tell you, that's all.

I don't mate ;-)

If the worst is turning us into the most powerful club in the world, putting up season ticket prices a bit and then selling us on to the highest bidder in 10 years then what a result! :-)

Regarding the Bluemoon comment, it not hatred, its the fact the Garry Cook seems to recognise that forum as the only one that exists. It's not very nice to be shunned by the powers at be.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Nixon_the Bike_Thief » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think there are many people on here who hate Bluemoon mate. Just prefer it here.

I'd like to think thats the case Ted, I use BM because its where I went first, I developed a comraderie with a few people on there and found the layout and use of the site easy, but thats it, I dont think there are better blues on there than here and I pop on here to have a read through at least twice a day. One example would be Douglas Higginbothams training posts, I find them by far one of the best and most informative threads on any of the boards. Its horses for courses and I tend to head for here immediately when in the past BM has had its site problems. There are good posters on many boards, Happy blue has always been an interesting read to me. I think that there is an excellent site here and its good to know that as with all of the forums, it is a limited few that are not yet seeing the bigger picture.
Nixon_the Bike_Thief
De Michelis's Pace

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't mate ;-)

If the worst is turning us into the most powerful club in the world, putting up season ticket prices a bit and then selling us on to the highest bidder in 10 years then what a result! :-)

Regarding the Bluemoon comment, it not hatred, its the fact the Garry Cook seems to recognise that forum as the only one that exists. It's not very nice to be shunned by the powers at be.

Say something nice about him then ;-)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Nixon_the Bike_Thief wrote:Hmmm Surprised at the sentiments shown towards BM on here over a name check on a club interview, I post on BM primarily but I also read on here and to a lesser extent Citymancs and Bluevibe. Ive always thought there was a level of banter between the two but didnt realise it was actually such a hatred and jealousy for some ? I view all of the City forums as a place that I can chat and debate with fellow blues, at the end of the day all the sites do the same thing, they provide a forum for like minded fans of City to pass the hours before we all head for the same place each week to get together and get behind OUR team. to have such a dislike for fellow blues because of where they post there opinions is a very strange concept for me. There are great posters and Idiots on all the sites but when all is said and done we are all one in what our hopes and goals for the future are.

I don't think there are many people on here who hate Bluemoon mate. Just prefer it here.

hatred and jealousy? jesus christ, if that's how you've interpreted the comments on this thread then maybe it's best you stick to Bluemoon.... ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Nixon_the Bike_Thief » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am

ant london wrote:hatred and jealousy? jesus christ, if that's how you've interpreted the comments on this thread then maybe it's best you stick to Bluemoon.... ;-)

Im a sensative soul who doesnt handle conflict or rejection very well, I need to be loved. whats the female contingent like on here ;o)
Nixon_the Bike_Thief
De Michelis's Pace

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 am

Nixon_the Bike_Thief wrote:
ant london wrote:hatred and jealousy? jesus christ, if that's how you've interpreted the comments on this thread then maybe it's best you stick to Bluemoon.... ;-)

Im a sensative soul who doesnt handle conflict or rejection very well, I need to be loved. whats the female contingent like on here ;o)

You want some pussy? You want blow?

You need to have 100 posts before the ladies are introduced.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nixon_the Bike_Thief » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:10 am

lets all have a disco wrote:You want some pussy? You want blow?
You need to have 100 posts before the ladies are introduced.

? so until I get to 100 posts you leave me with a cat and a hair dryer ? hmmm I think I could entertain myself with that for now.
Cheers LAHAD ;o)

(I'll desist now as I seem to be wavering off topic somewhat)
Nixon_the Bike_Thief
De Michelis's Pace

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Doomy, chill the fucl out. We have enough quality members already. We don't need more teenage morons switching onto us. Let them go to bluemoon and be knobheads there. The quality will find us. Hopefully.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 pm

dazby wrote:Doomy, chill the fucl out. We have enough quality members already. We don't need more teenage morons switching onto us. Let them go to bluemoon and be knobheads there. The quality will find us. Hopefully.

With such a delicious opening, why does my spidey sense tell me this is a trap?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby miss-mancity » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:05 am

ant london wrote:
razor400 wrote:Christ that boy could get some pussy, no doubt

did you not just put this in the Lescott thread???

makes a bit more sense in this context! (and I agree for that matter.....I think the females on the forum should confirm whether they'd take the chairman's love scud?)

Yep...... Good looking... No need fore % to make him look nice....
But could take to long time since he is sliced....
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum