Final piece of the Jigsaw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Final piece of the Jigsaw

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:28 pm

King Kev wrote:Far from being the final piece in the jigsaw I reckon it is a pointless and ridiculous signing.

I have nothing against the player, he is pretty good but I really can't understand why we bought him. I could understand our pursuit of Terry as he would be an improvement on what we have already at the club but is Lescott really going to take us to the next level? I think not.

I know money isn't really an issue for City anymore but to pay £24m for Lescott makes us look stupid and desperate. We should have maintained a bit of dignity and walked away when the fee being discussed passed the £15m mark.

You really do whinge about absolutely everything don't you?

I think its a great signing, he's a far superior footballer than dunnie, and haven't we learned to trust hughes with signings yet? What exactly will it take I wonder? We needed a strong CB to fill Dunneys place, now we've got a young, prem experienced England international and still you find something to whine about. Beggars belief.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm

john68 wrote:I think Lescott could well be the final piece of this phase.
We have sought to buy players who can challenge the top four in England.
We have hardly started to recruit the superstars who might take us to challenge the top European sides.

The target will soon be to beat Barca in the CL Final not just a friendly.

To be fair even though I agree with you in general, Champs League Semi finals usually contains 2/3 English teams so its pretty much safe to say if you get in the PL top 4, you are one of the top European sides....
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:48 pm

john68 wrote:My thoughts entirely Grob Mate...We need the players at this level to create the success that could bring in the truly great players.

If I was a top four manager, I would be starting to become very frightened at what is happening at City. I would be worrying that City's chances of hitting the top four have increased. I would be scared that it might be my team that falls out.

Now it's time to raise our game as fans and put in a better performance in the noise and atmosphere department than we did versus Wolves. The Wolves fans battered us in the "support your team" stakes.

I hate it when people do THIS^^^^^^^, but THIS^^^^^^^^^^^!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Final piece for this summer yes, give or take the odd Sylvinho. This squad is meant to take us to a next level when top players will be within our reach, maybe next year.

KK - get a grip mate. Lescott is a good defender, ball-playing CB or LB, goalscorer. He's better than what we have that's the key. Next year others may be within our grasp.

When you make comments like that KK, I wonder if it would be wonderful if Mancini or Sven were signing him for us, but because Hughes is, it's 'pointless and ridiculous'!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Wooders wrote:
King Kev wrote:Far from being the final piece in the jigsaw I reckon it is a pointless and ridiculous signing.

I have nothing against the player, he is pretty good but I really can't understand why we bought him. I could understand our pursuit of Terry as he would be an improvement on what we have already at the club but is Lescott really going to take us to the next level? I think not.

I know money isn't really an issue for City anymore but to pay £24m for Lescott makes us look stupid and desperate. We should have maintained a bit of dignity and walked away when the fee being discussed passed the £15m mark.

You really do whinge about absolutely everything don't you?

I think its a great signing, he's a far superior footballer than dunnie, and haven't we learned to trust hughes with signings yet? What exactly will it take I wonder? We needed a strong CB to fill Dunneys place, now we've got a young, prem experienced England international and still you find something to whine about. Beggars belief.

You don't half chat some shite! Have a look through my recent posts and the threads I have started, far from whinging I think you will find.

Was I whinging when I said the team would batter somebody when they click?
Was I whinging when I started a thread about Given's fantastic save?
Was I whinging when I posted that Tevez was saying fergie is scared of City?
Was I whinging in the MotM thread when I praised SWP and Barry?
Was I whinging when I said Summerbee will be a great ambassador for the club?

Hardly whinging 'about absolutely everything' am I?

Get off your high horse and give your fucking head a wobble.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 pm

john@staustell wrote:Final piece for this summer yes, give or take the odd Sylvinho. This squad is meant to take us to a next level when top players will be within our reach, maybe next year.

KK - get a grip mate. Lescott is a good defender, ball-playing CB or LB, goalscorer. He's better than what we have that's the key. Next year others may be within our grasp.

When you make comments like that KK, I wonder if it would be wonderful if Mancini or Sven were signing him for us, but because Hughes is, it's 'pointless and ridiculous'!

Oh FFS!

Here you go, grasp as many as you want!

[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm

I think we're an attacking midfielder away from really gatecrashing the top 4.

I'd like Deco.

Also the more I've thought about the Sylvinho signing the more I think it's an excellent piece of business.

I wasn't too sure at first but the cunt won the Champions League last year!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum